GDT: Game 23, November 23: Avs vs Leafs | 5 PM MT | Hey Man, Nice Shot

Who's scoring the most goals tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
I think they play as well as you can expect them with this roster.

I dunno if this is a hot take but I don't think you can win all the way with all three of Zadorov, Cole, & Graves in the lineup. Three guys that aren't very good moving the puck up (though Zadorov & Graves can occasionally skate it), not great at passing or creating any offense in the opposing zone, and often slow and below-avg defensively. Someone needs to step up and someone needs to be brought in as an FA as well.

The slow guys with minimal puck skills are supposed to be good defensively. And they aren't. That's why this team has terrible PK and gives up goals by the dozen.

Reactions: klozge

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
What the hell happens to G...he has been a total disaster the past few games. Other than Makar, our other 5 Defenseman isn’t doing anything good atm. EJ is passable tho, Z after he returned from the broken jaw injury hasn’t been the same. Cole and Graves just need to not be on this team.

Entertaining game nevertheless.
I think his confidence is shot. On a lot of plays forwards not where they are supposed to be. On a couple of those, he turned the pucker over and it lead to a goal against. Since then he just hasn't been the same.

Reactions: MacBradley

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
True, but he didnt need to be physical on that Shore goal. Z just need to not be lazy and tie up Shores stick, lift stick or did something. He did nothing.

You know what I think might have happened on that play? It was kind of an unexpected shot, it looked like Engvall was gonna pass down low on the cycle, and Zadorov was probably standing there thinking about how everyone he touches goes flying and he gets a penalty, so he just gave him a light shove instead.

It was the wrong decision but I think he was worried about taking a penalty there, when he should have just taken the risk and knocked Shore to the ice, because it was a dangerous scoring chance.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
You know what I think might have happened on that play? It was kind of an unexpected shot, it looked like Engvall was gonna pass down low on the cycle, and Zadorov was probably standing there thinking about how everyone he touches goes flying and he gets a penalty, so he just gave him a light shove instead.

It was the wrong decision but I think he was worried about taking a penalty there, when he should have just taken the risk and knocked Shore to the ice, because it was a dangerous scoring chance.
Based on how short his leash is I dont really blame him for second guessing. This might also be the reason why hes a monster in the playoffs since they let alot of that kinda stuff go.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I had a bad feeling losing Calvert was one injury too many. I get that he's not a star or big-time scorer, but I think MacKinnon misses the defensive play and puck retrieval he provides, not to mention the speed and occasional net-front presence. Not sure if that's a major cause of the lackluster starts these last two games, but I will say I think it's a contributing factor toward the Avs not being able to get that game-tying goal despite some monumental efforts.

I agree, I think the Avs are missing Calvert for a variety of reasons. He's just been such a great glue guy. He makes every line he's on better this year. He really helped MacKinnon winning battles on the forecheck, and also defensively.

The team in general is really missing that Nieto-Belly-Calvert line though. It was basically like the Avs 2nd line for a lot of games in terms of effectiveness. All those hard working shifts in the O zone contributed to momentum in the Avs favor, and kept the opposition from gaining confidence.

Not to mention that line generates a lot of scoring chances too. The sooner they can reunite it the better.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Kerfoot. Haha. Almost killing EJ and then almost blinding Frank with a huge spray. What a chump. And both times he was like "Shit, I didn't expect that to happen". I can't imagine EJ will be inviting him out to dinner next time TOR are in town.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
hey guys, leaf fan here, were you guys pretty pissed with kerfoot? Or was it more like, oh crap he obviously didn't mean that but it was such a dangerous and stupid play that happens because the game is fast?

FWIW i think 2 games seems right just because it was def dangerous.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
One was because he didnt get 5 and a game on that play I think.

Yeah most likely, I don’t think any games are needed if he gets that 5 and a game called like it should have been. Maybe a fine attached too, but I think since it was a minor, 1 game would have gotten the point across for Corefoot

Avs44

May 16, 2011
hey guys, leaf fan here, were you guys pretty pissed with kerfoot? Or was it more like, oh crap he obviously didn't mean that but it was such a dangerous and stupid play that happens because the game is fast?

Ticked off that he decided to be an imbecile in his return against his former team. He never really pulled those sorts of things when playing in Colorado, as I remember it...I'm pretty certain he decided to play on the edge a bit more since it was against his former club.

Anyways, it's done. Should have been a 5 minute major. Just reaffirms my dislike for Kerfoot as a player. Hey, maybe he figured this was the next step necessary to replacing Kadri.

Reactions: MacBradley and ER89

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Ticked off that he decided to be an imbecile in his return against his former team. He never really pulled those sorts of things when playing in Colorado, as I remember it...I'm pretty certain he decided to play on the edge a bit more since it was against his former club.

Anyways, it's done. Should have been a 5 minute major. Just reaffirms my dislike for Kerfoot as a player. Hey, maybe he figured this was the next step necessary to replacing Kadri.
It's especially stupid considering he couldn't fight if someone asked him to drop the gloves considering his dental braces. Would have been incredibly funny to see him explain that to a guy. Essentially he got lucky it was against former guys so they didn't beat the shit out of him ha.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Most of the Avs fans on here didn't much care for him even before he left, I'm like, the only guy left around here who still likes him.

At least he's shown quite a bit of contrition over it.

Leafs' Kerfoot 'disappointed in myself,' feels 'terrible' on check that lands suspension

But as even he says, there's no excuse for that. Enormously careless, stupid play on his part. You don't do that, not ever. The only thing I'm still peeved about is that he should've gotten a major for that. With the new review rules in place, there is absolutely NO excuse for a ref being afraid to make that call.

Reactions: MacBradley and ER89

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

I wanted EJ to tear him in half like a lion with a gazelle

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

What’s funny is that for a guy as weak as Kerfoot, he makes plays like this quite often. You wouldn’t believe how many dumb penalties he took in his two years by cross checking someone in the back in front of the net for absolutely no reason to take an offensive zone penalty. He seems to always have his hands up and he takes a lot of dumb penalties because of it.

Kerfoot seems like a good guy. I doubt there was even the slightest hint of intent. But our hatred for him as a hockey player makes us hate him even more when he does something like that to one of our players.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is there anywhere online where I can see the final few minutes of the game? Would love to see it from a television perspective as opposed to being there in person because those last 2 minutes were insane.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
We hatesssss Kerfootssses

gollum-my-precious-gif-8.gif

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad