GDT: Game 23 - CBJ vs OTT - 25 Nov, 7pm, @Nat

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
My bottle is empty and so is Korpi's net.

Poor Ottawa fans though. Being shut out by Korpi must feel special on many levels.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Korpi is making me miss Bob less, especially in the post game interview. When he's not breaking sticks dude is pretty chill. Guess we just need to win every game for him. 4 in a row...nice

Reactions: thebus88

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Korpi is making me miss Bob less, especially in the post game interview. When he's not breaking sticks dude is pretty chill. Guess we just need to win every game for him. 4 in a row...nice
We should be on a 5 game win streak, or at least point streak, if not for dipshit’s brain fart. I’ve always been skeptical of Korpi but he’s been much better this year than in the past.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
We should be on a 5 game win streak, or at least point streak, if not for dip****’s brain fart. I’ve always been skeptical of Korpi but he’s been much better this year than in the past.
Elvis did blow it the other night but he has eaten every crow in Ohio for doing so...

That said, Korp is getting better every game... He can succeed at the NHL imo... He needs experience and work at the elite level...

Nice shutout Korpi!!!!! Korpi gets the Kepi...

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Somebody say Challah!
My wife makes a GREAT challah! She makes some pretty kick ass rugelach and hamantaschen too. I bet I couldn't have found a Jewish girl who makes them better than her. L'Chaim!

Back on topic...D&S has been quiet since Elvis' last start so I assume he does not take up the pitchforks vs Korpi after the shutout tonight either. Elvis needs experience but he's gonna be hard pressed to get enough starts in Columbus the way things are going right now. I wish he would embrace a trip to Cleveland to shake off the rust. Cleveland's a good town for nightlife and the arena is as nice if not nicer than pretty much every arena in the NHL.

Listened to the game on the radio, sounds like Korpi had to make some pretty hard saves.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I am gonna take a different tack from others on here...

I expect Cam, Andy, Tex and Jonesy to eventually turn their seasons around and expect Gus and Bjorky to offensively get warmer as well. If the team is nearly .500 with all those guys ice cold so far...this team could be better than I expected once those veterans turn things around.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I am gonna take a different tack from others on here...

I expect Cam, Andy, Tex and Jonesy to eventually turn their seasons around and expect Gus and Bjorky to offensively get warmer as well. If the team is nearly .500 with all those guys ice cold so far...this team could be better than I expected once those veterans turn things around.

I agree here.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I love a good 1-0 game sometimes.

Some great defensive plays for sure. We gave up some odd-mans but the D made it hard for Ottawa to convert. They also made it easy for Korpi to see everything.

And then Korpi was nuts tonight. He stopped that breakaway - and I'm thinking he's probably stopped something like 14 out of 16 breakaways this year, something crazy like that. That and the 4 on 1 save, the guy was ice cold. No panic in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->