GDT: Game 22 - Team Chiarelli comes to Boston, Rask in goal - 11/26 5 PM : NESN, SN, NHL(US), WBOS 92.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2017-11-25_19-27-41.png

upload_2017-11-25_14-40-13.png

upload_2017-11-25_14-40-52.png

location-of-holiday-inn-express-hotel-and-suites-boston-garden-top.jpg

Tonight's Officials

130p_stpierre.jpg
130p_watson.jpg

Referees Justin St Pierre (12), Brad Watson (23)
Linesmen Ryan Galloway (82), Michel Cormier (76)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

Rene in 1978

BOSTON vs EDMONTON, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Oilers are meeting for the 74th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 45-19-6-3 record and a 270-212 scoring edge in those contests. - The Bruins are 26-7-3-1 in 37 home games played between these teams, with a 151-92 scoring advantage in those games. - The Oilers won both games of last season’s series between these teams after the Bruins had taken points out of 16 straight games vs. Edmonton at 13-0-3 … The Bruins are 9-1-1-1 in their last 12 games vs. the Oilers in Boston.

WAYBACK MACHINE

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Oilers today for the first of two games between these teams this season and the Oilers’ lone visit of this season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 10-7-4 this season and are 6-3-2 on home ice thus far … They are 6-2-1 against Pacific Division foes and 8-4-1 against the Western Conference. - The Bruins play game two of a three-game home stand today which they will conclude hosting Tampa Bay on Wednesday.

4 straight wins for the Bruins, which is their longest such stretch of the season and longest since winning six straight from Mar. 25-Apr. 4 of last season.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Frank Vatrano is looking to play in his 100th NHL game tonight.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2017-18: 98)

4525682056_93fd7a270a_b.jpg

Adam McQuaid – Broken right fibula, from 10/19 vs VAN (IR)
David Backes – Underwent surgery on 11/2 (IR)
Brad Marchand – Missed last 5 games (IR)
- Anders Bjork – Missed last 5 games (IR)
Peter Cehlarik – Lower body

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
It's hard to believe how badly the wheels have come off in Edmonton. For all the specifics that can be pointed to for their struggles, perhaps all those trades really upset their chemistry. As the Preds showed last year, all you have to do is get in the playoffs, and anything can happen. But even that is becoming more of a question mark for the Oilers.

This is a good game to get Rask in. From what I can tell, he has been very supportive of Khudobin during his hot streak; always seems very happy for him after wins. But I'm sure he's itching to get in a game.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Edmonton is just too big and slow and talentless. The entire offense runs though 97 and 93. Their defense is not great and they don't generate anything. The team was put together to be heavy on the puck, but they can't even get there.

Reactions: Mantis

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It's hard to believe how badly the wheels have come off in Edmonton. For all the specifics that can be pointed to for their struggles, perhaps all those trades really upset their chemistry. As the Preds showed last year, all you have to do is get in the playoffs, and anything can happen. But even that is becoming more of a question mark for the Oilers.

This is a good game to get Rask in. From what I can tell, he has been very supportive of Khudobin during his hot streak; always seems very happy for him after wins. But I'm sure he's itching to get in a game.

Edmonton is buried in the standings right now. They can't even think about the WC at the moment bring 7th in the division.

upload_2017-11-25_15-15-43.png

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
It seems like forever since I watched a game from my living room sofa , so I am looking forward to this one . Rask will be solid and the Bruins win 4-2 . Heinen and Debrusk will each pop one .

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Was at practice today. Tuukks was doing some shot drills with Backes and Marchand before the main practice and looked fine. He also seemed to be in a good mood, was smiling and joking with the guys.

Marchand was spoting a red jersey but that didnt stop him to run over Tony in net. Brad stayed a few seconds longer on the ice but shook it off then. Was very engaged after that. I think Backes fully particapted in the whole drills. Was doing some shot deflections at the end.

Vatrano and Szwarz did some line drills with Krejci and DeBrusk. Thinking that Frank will get the nod tomorrow.

Highlight was then later after practice. Tested some shoes at the New Balance Outlet in near when suddenly Chara showed up with a friend. Shook hands and spoke a few words with him. What a nice dude. Was shocked nobody besides me recognized him.

I guess I'm a lucky bastard because after the the opening game in Prague 2010 I ran into Cam Neely in the city centre and also shook handes with him. Hope Bergeron is next :)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Lucic would be 2nd on our team in points right now. I thought he'd be washed up by now considering his playing style.

I kind of hope that they bring him back to retire as a Bruin down the line.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Lucic would be 2nd on our team in points right now. I thought he'd be washed up by now considering his playing style.

I kind of hope that they bring him back to retire as a Bruin down the line.

Miss that guy all the time. So great to watch.

I'm shocked by how bad the Oilers are.

Reactions: Ladyfan

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I've watched the Oilers once live and six other games of theirs and he's shown up for one of them.

That's about the same thing he did with the Bruins his last two seasons in Boston....although he'll probably show up for this game.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have zero doubt he will have one of his best games in a long time. If he doesn't then it may seriously be time to start looking to move him.

I would have started Dobby until he lost... Hopefully his run was enough to light a fire under Rask. I wanna see a fired up and determined Tuukka!

Dobby is playing for his next contract - Tuukka beyond this season has 3 more years at $7 million.

Sweeney has to lay awake pondering that Malcolm Subban has more (4) wins than Tuukka (3) this season with far less starts.

Reactions: Mantis

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Dobby is playing for his next contract - Tuukka beyond this season has 3 more years at $7 million.

Sweeney has to lay awake pondering that Malcolm Subban has more (4) wins than Tuukka (3) this season with far less starts.

Subban has three wins, no? (His save percentage is .938!)

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i think its the right move.
rask has been sitting a while.
i would go with dobby against tampa regardless tho.
i am more confident in dobby stealing a game against tampas offense than rask right now.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Crash Bandicoot

Sobriety isn't for wimps.
Feb 25, 2016
How good would Ryan Nugent-Hopkins look in a black and gold jersey? Maybe O'Gara or Belesky or Spooner, and a 2nd rounder could get the job done.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Wow. I forgot what Rene used to sound like. Although he botched the words to O Canada. Don’t care for EDM way back highlights. Once was enough. :confused:

Sounds like an eventful pilgrimage already, SevenDust! Hope the boys put on a show for you today.

HERE WE GO
:bruins
HERE WE GO!!
:clap:TUU-KKA!:clap:

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

almost wondering if the wheels have in fact come off or if last season was simply an outlier?

I have only watched 2 Oilers games, brutally slow outside of a few players and lost as far as having any recognizable systems in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->