GDT: Game 22: MTL @ NJ | Pricer is back | Nov. 21, 2018 7:00pm ET, SN1, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
First SS, Price is playing small and is some how in an advanced positioning leaving lots of uncovered net on a 5on 5. Wtf no1.

Thirsd SS he decides to challenge the puck carrier by sliding his body outside the crease.... Wtf no2.

Carrier doesn't shoot and makes a succesful pass to a teamate... easy empty net goal.

You know Price isn't why the team is losing games, right?

He save this team from itself in the last 3 games, but the best in the game couldn't save this defence on a nightly basis.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
You do know that Shaw got 7 of his points playing on the first line right? Most of them had absolutely nothing to do with him and were all Drouin and Domi(see puck going in and Shaw just taps it into a wide open net). My point is that neither should be on the PP.
My point is Shaw has more goals than Danault who averages more minutes a game than Shaw
I’m no Shaw fan but danault is awful

Reactions: Pomee

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
My point is Shaw has more goals than Danault who averages more minutes a game than Shaw
I’m no Shaw fan but danault is awful
They both suck! Difference is that we gave up two 4th liners for Danault+2nd while we gave Shaw a BRUTAL contract AND gave up 2 high 2nds for him.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
First SS, Price is playing small and is some how in an advanced positioning leaving lots of uncovered net on a 5on 5. Wtf no1.

Thirsd SS he decides to challenge the puck carrier by sliding his body outside the crease.... Wtf no2.

Carrier doesn't shoot and makes a succesful pass to a teamate... easy empty net goal.

He’s challenging the shooter because the rest of the D should be set. What your pointing out is him noticing a player who never in a million years be open and trying to recover. He’s as quick as he has been in a several years so I have no idea where you’re getting that from. And as far as looking small, he’s changed his stance to help him recover on the very plays you keep showing.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Regardless of their general poor play and ugly D, Montreal has had enough quality chances in this to have a tie game. They can't shoot straight.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
I'm definitly not a dentist that's for sure.
Cool. Anyways, just to add one last thing, I won't reply after this. When you say "small and aggressive" couldn't be anymore wrong. Goalies challenge shooters for the exact opposite reason, to cover more space.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Kind of ironic coming from Giguere, who was the most technically bland goalie in the modern NHL, who basically relied solely on being big and playing a blocking style.

But he's right. Take a look at vintage Price circa 2015 and look at Price now. Since his injury, he's been cheating on his lateral movement. It's flagrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->