hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
upload_2017-11-26_16-41-24.jpeg

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
That was a great game, yotes played pretty well in the 1st and 3rd but got smoked in the 2nd. Story of the season so far, we take one period off every game. I was pleasantly surprised that both teams had as much energy as they did, for both it was their 3rd game in 4 days. Subban looked damn good, it's insane that the knights have kept winning with all the goalie injuries.

Zusammenhalt

Dump & chase-not a fan of
Jan 18, 2007
Depot Division
That was a great game, yotes played pretty well in the 1st and 3rd but got smoked in the 2nd. Story of the season so far, we take one period off every game. I was pleasantly surprised that both teams had as much energy as they did, for both it was their 3rd game in 4 days. Subban looked damn good, it's insane that the knights have kept winning with all the goalie injuries.

Visiting teams are probably enjoying Vegas too much?

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
That's the theory from some folks. "Vegas Flu." :laugh:
I don't want to get too dramatic, but I think the whole Vegas Flu thing is a little disrespectful to the team.

It's not that the Knights getting in the way of shots, staying in people's passing lanes, and going balls out 95% of the time that's getting wins for the Knights, it's that the opposition is drinking and gambling the night before the game.

Perhaps there's a chance that the team's just good and the reason there's such a (rapidly closing) discrepancy in road record vs home record for the Knights is that they were breaking in their 4th string goalie on an east coast trip and slipped a little mentally when Legace took the reins. It's a logical thing.

I get that people are going to say teams are playing down to the Knights in Las Vegas, it's the only thing that makes sense to people that don't watch the games and just see the records on nhl.com, I just don't get why anyone that follows/likes the Knights and watches most of their games would ever encourage the "Vegas Flu" thing.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Hope you weren't misconstruing my reply to the above post as support for the "Vegas Flu" theory (hence the quotation marks).

I have no clue what visiting teams are doing before puck drop. And I think it's clear that this team does so well at home because they are a good team that plays hard and feeds off the T-Mobile crowd. :thumbu:

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hope you weren't misconstruing my reply to the above post as support for the "Vegas Flu" theory (hence the quotation marks).

I have no clue what visiting teams are doing before puck drop. And I think it's clear that this team does so well at home because they are a good team that plays hard and feeds off the T-Mobile crowd. :thumbu:
Oh no, that wasn't directed toward you specifically. Mostly just the VGK fans on twitter (and, honestly, some media) keeping the whole Vegas flu thing going.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Oh no, that wasn't directed toward you specifically. Mostly just the VGK fans on twitter (and, honestly, some media) keeping the whole Vegas flu thing going.

Whew! Good. :)

Also, I don't think you're being too dramatic about the "Vegas Flu" thing. That's been speculated about by many even as far back as when our team was just a dream.

It also seems to be a popular excuse for opposing teams' fans when their boys lose at T-Mobile, based on reading some of the other team message boards. Ranks somewhere right after officiating favors the Knights (NHL conspiracy!) and calling out their coach/GM/overpaid players. Just seems so hard for opposing fans to get over losing to a team that's existed for such a short time when their team has been around for decades.

That's something I haven't noticed on our board...making infinite excuses when we lose. Granted, we haven't lost many so far :), but when we do, we tend to analyze our own shortcomings in losing, accept it and move on.

Hope our board doesn't descend into "gripey" like some others. But maybe that will happen as more folks become more active here.

Hoping not.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Whew! Good. :)

Also, I don't think you're being too dramatic about the "Vegas Flu" thing. That's been speculated about by many even as far back as when our team was just a dream.

It also seems to be a popular excuse for opposing teams' fans when their boys lose at T-Mobile, based on reading some of the other team message boards. Ranks somewhere right after officiating favors the Knights (NHL conspiracy!) and calling out their coach/GM/overpaid players. Just seems so hard for opposing fans to get over losing to a team that's existed for such a short time when their team has been around for decades.

That's something I haven't noticed on our board...making infinite excuses when we lose. Granted, we haven't lost many so far :)D), but when we do, we tend to analyze our own shortcomings in losing, accept it and move on.

Hope our board doesn't descend into "gripey" like some others. But maybe that will happen as more folks become more active here.

Hoping not.
I made a conscious effort to not blame a lot of those Vegas road losses on that hell week of a road trip schedule. I'm pretty sure they played 14 games in 11 days during that whole thing.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don't want to get too dramatic, but I think the whole Vegas Flu thing is a little disrespectful to the team.

It's not that the Knights getting in the way of shots, staying in people's passing lanes, and going balls out 95% of the time that's getting wins for the Knights, it's that the opposition is drinking and gambling the night before the game.

Perhaps there's a chance that the team's just good and the reason there's such a (rapidly closing) discrepancy in road record vs home record for the Knights is that they were breaking in their 4th string goalie on an east coast trip and slipped a little mentally when Legace took the reins. It's a logical thing.

I get that people are going to say teams are playing down to the Knights in Las Vegas, it's the only thing that makes sense to people that don't watch the games and just see the records on nhl.com, I just don't get why anyone that follows/likes the Knights and watches most of their games would ever encourage the "Vegas Flu" thing.
Back when the coyotes were actually good, similar things were said, but they didn't have the obvious excuse, so every team just had an off night. Every team the coyotes beat happened to have an off night against the same opponent. It was an incredible string of luck that caused the division win.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I made a conscious effort to not blame a lot of those Vegas road losses on that hell week of a road trip schedule. I'm pretty sure they played 14 games in 11 days during that whole thing.
I think it's okay to point out that the boys look tired from having such a busy game schedule since it's what all teams go through at one time or another during the season.

It was mentioned on the VGK broadcast of the Arizona game that due to the Yotes spending so much time back east early in the season that they will have traveled 22,000 miles by the middle of December!

According to my sources, that's nearly once around the world!

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think it's okay to point out that the boys look tired from having such a busy game schedule since it's what all teams go through at one time or another during the season.

It was mentioned on the VGK broadcast of the Arizona game that due to the Yotes spending so much time back east early in the season that they will have traveled 22,000 miles by the middle of December!

According to my sources, that's nearly once around the world!
Math checks out. :laugh:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
And it's not like teams have been playing their backup goalies against us either... if I recall correctly we've primarily faced the #1's... until we chase them from the game lol

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
And it's not like teams have been playing their backup goalies against us either... if I recall correctly we've primarily faced the #1's... until we chase them from the game lol
We got that kid from the Icecaps in Montreal, his name is escaping me. I'm sure we've had a few more.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: