GDT: Game 22 |Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings | 12:30 PM EST | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsyukianDeke*

This team is missing a lot of players and were able to hang with Chicago twice, and should have beat them twice. Everyone keeps saying how good Chicago is, i'm not impressed at all watching the two times we played them this year. They are lucky they don't have injuries but as far as people penciling them in as a Stanley cup team I wouldn't even consider it.

Wings played well in the 2nd half of the game and showed they can hang with 'the best team in the league'. Once they start getting healthy and Cleary and Abby get moved to the proper lines they could beat them. Howard was unbelievable.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
1. Crawford
2. Kane
3. Howard

I feel bad for Big E, a very strong game gets negated due to a dumb penalty. Otherwise I like the way we played. If not for Crawford we win 3 or 4 to 1. I'm digging the third line but we obviously need some talent on Pavel's wing. Holland needs to call up a scoring line winger. If only we had one in the AHL.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Complain, complain, complain. :whine:

Does it ever get tiring for some of you to cry all the time? :cry:

Sure, this was a heartbreaking loss and it would have been nice to end the Hawks streak but we played an excellent game against the hottest team in the NHL and got an important point out of it. There are a lot of positives to take away from this game. Our defense continues to play very responsibly. Our bottom six continues to contribute in big ways. Howard was awesome.

Kept it close with the best team in the league.

Response? Fire everybody!

Don't change, internet.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
1. Crawford
2. Kane
3. Howard

I feel bad for Big E, a very strong game gets negated due to a dumb penalty. Otherwise I like the way we played. If not for Crawford we win 3 or 4 to 1. I'm digging the third line but we obviously need some talent on Pavel's wing. Holland needs to call up a scoring line winger. If only we had one in the AHL.

Agreed on all counts. Time to attempt to spur the offense with new blood.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Wow. So frustrating. We have outplayed them both games and should have 2 W's.

Lets be honest here. We were lucky as hell to get any points from this game. Without Jimmy its 3-1 easy and 3-0 long before Tatar scores.

We had our few moments, but to say we outplayed the blackhawks today is obtuse.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Apologists like to pretend we are using one game as an example on how bad the Wings look.

2-0 lead - Wings find a way to lose
1-0 lead with two minutes left - Wings find a way to lose

One too many defensive mistakes every night or complete brain farts that are being perpetrated by so called veteran players.

After they lose, people like to say how competitive they looked. Edmonton Oilers looked competitive last year and lost a ton of games and won the lottery.

Wings can look forward to being the Calgary Flames of the Eastern Conference next year. Not good enough to contend, but not bad enough to get decent players in the draft.

The worst fate for a pro sports team. You are basically in prison serving a 50 year sentence at the age of 40.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
What do you purpose he does? Take Tatar off the third line, and then watch the other coach just match their top lines against the 3rd and 4th lines against the Wings?

I tell you what Q did. He matched he top lines against Datsyuk's line, and Zetterberg's line, obviously. But he made a point to go after the Wings 2nd line, and their 4th line. Why was the 3rd line mostly untouched? They generated the most today.

You move Tatar to Datsyuk's wing, especially when they are injured, you pretty much are in the same situation. Probably worse off. You still have a weak second line that MAY be able to produce just a little bit more; it's not proven. But you weaken the 3rd line so much that, THAT line will be a target. So will the 4th line AND the 2nd line. The other coaches will have a field day!

At least the 3rd and 1st line are clicking. THe 4th line...that is what it is. They do what they do. The 2nd line? At least Datsyuk can hold it together. the 3rd line? Tatar and Andersson are what hold that line together.

Get healthy...go from there.

Thanks for bringing some common sense to the thread

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
What do you purpose he does? Take Tatar off the third line, and then watch the other coach just match their top lines against the 3rd and 4th lines against the Wings?

I tell you what Q did. He matched he top lines against Datsyuk's line, and Zetterberg's line, obviously. But he made a point to go after the Wings 2nd line, and their 4th line. Why was the 3rd line mostly untouched? They generated the most today.

You move Tatar to Datsyuk's wing, especially when they are injured, you pretty much are in the same situation. Probably worse off. You still have a weak second line that MAY be able to produce just a little bit more; it's not proven. But you weaken the 3rd line so much that, THAT line will be a target. So will the 4th line AND the 2nd line. The other coaches will have a field day!

At least the 3rd and 1st line are clicking. THe 4th line...that is what it is. They do what they do. The 2nd line? At least Datsyuk can hold it together. the 3rd line? Tatar and Andersson are what hold that line together.

I think you hit the nail on the head, and it's why Babcock is head coach and not Bob.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Kept it close with the best team in the league.

Lose due to idiocy, rather than talent disparity.

Loss with a point in the standings due to shootout. Stop acting like they got blown out.

And the fact you think the talent level is equal means Babcock is doing wonders. Keith Seabrook vs Kronwall Ericsson? People would have laughed at you for the comparison. But today they hung in there, sans the delay of games.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Loss with a point in the standings due to shootout. Stop acting like they got blown out.

And the fact you think the talent level is equal means Babcock is doing wonders. Keith Seabrook vs Kronwall Ericsson? People would have laughed at you for the comparison. But today they hung in there, sans the delay of games.

Because that is totally what I said.

Oh wait. It's the direct opposite.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
1814348693_ab73b0ff18_z.jpg

Nose hat. FTW.

Someone needs to wear one of those and a Brunner Jersey and get a ticket behind the bench.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
They had what, 3 shots, after the first period? They played like the .500 team they are. Some periods they are going to look good, other periods they will look awful.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Uh, yeah. Find a star center with worse wingers right now? You can't.

It's amazing that his line is still playing against top lines without giving up a lot of goals.

Because all those points he got this season came when he was playing with Hossa and Crosby? No, he was producing with Cleary and Gator before and now he isn't.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Because all those points he got this season came when he was playing with Hossa and Crosby? No, he was producing with Cleary and Gator before and now he isn't.

He got put together with Cleary and Abdelkader in the game at Nashville. His only even strength point in that game came when he went end to end and scored. He's not going to be able to do that game in and game out. Nobody can.

Since that game, he only has 2 even strength points in his last 6 games.

Your best players have to be your best players. He's being used as a safeguard though rather than giving him assets to be his best.

we like our team*

cleary reminds me of reverend lovejoy trying to play the piano

"wait...wait... i can do this"

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Except not. Looking at his production before and after Abby is night and day difference. And before Abby he had Filppula or Bert, two guys with, for all their flaws, actually have the talent to play in the top six.

You people don't get it. We are not a 3 line team because Tatar is on the third line. We are a ONE LINE team. Zetterberg's line. Tatar's line can be dangerous except they hardly get any minutes. Datsyuk's line is a complete nonthreat. Even other teams watching in are noticing this lunacy. You guys think Babcock has discovered some magic formula that allows the team to win. Stick Tatar on the third line instead of with the most dynamic center in the league, because then teams won't have any way to defend it! Except the facts speak for themselves. Tatar is producing, but at a suboptimal rate because of his low minutes and limited linemates. Datsyuk's production is dropping as well. And none of the other 29 teams do that crap because that's not the smart thing to do. The Hawks do not put Kane, Toews, Hossa on the third line because that doesn't work. The Ducks do not shuffle Perry or Getzlaf to the third line. The records speak for themselves. The Wings are barely 500 and the teams with success stack their scoring lines when they have the talent to do so.

But hey, you guys gotta defend things that don't make sense. I gotcha. It's the same kind of thing you see with fundamentalists of any kind whether it's political, religious, sports. Nothing can be question. Nothing must be criticized. The leaders know all and are above reproach. There are no problems. Stop complaining. Everything is perfect.

Except obviously it's not perfect and the Wings are a mediocre team. Congrats on being satisfied with mediocrity. I for one, am not. After a couple decades of superiority, I'd prefer the Wings keep up on that track. I know! It makes me such a terrible fan for tuning in every game and wanting my team to be better!

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Except not. Looking at his production before and after Abby is night and day difference.

You people don't get it. We are not a 3 line team because Tatar is on the third line. We are a ONE LINE team. Zetterberg's line. Tatar's line can be dangerous except they hardly get any minutes. Datsyuk's line is a complete nonthreat. Even other teams watching in are noticing this lunacy.

But hey, you guys gotta defend things that don't make sense. I gotcha. It's the same kind of thing you see with fundamentalists of any kind whether it's political, religious, sports. Nothing can be question. Nothing must be criticized. The leaders know all and are above reproach. There are no problems. Stop complaining. Everything is perfect.

Except obviously it's not perfect and the Wings are a mediocre team. Congrats on being satisfied with mediocrity. I for one, am not. After a couple decades of superiority, I'd prefer the Wings keep up on that track. I know! It makes me such a terrible fan for tuning in every game and wanting my team to be better!

No, YOU don't get it. You are a random schmuck on the internet. Babcock is a highly successful coach at whatever level he's coached at. When I have to choose between which one has the right ideas.... well, sorry.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
What does Franzen even do for us anymore out there? He's about worthless as can be.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Well said. BUT:

Even when we are playing from behind, like in LA, Babcock does not even try Tatar with Datsyuk. This indicates to me there's more at play. Does Babs even give credit to Tatar in the post-games? But even if he wants to keep Tatar and Andersson on the 3rd, why not try Eaves or Miller in Abby's spot? Wouldn't mess with line match-ups and could they perform worse than Abby's 1 point? Why not switch Abby and Franzen? Give Z some dead-weight and Dats atleast one guy with a bit of skill and scoring ability.

There are ways to keep balanced lines without completely throwing one or two lines under the bus. What Babcock is doing now is handicapping our best offensive weapon, not giving enough ice-time to another of our best offensive weapons, and giving far too much ice-time to guys who are not scorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->