GDT: Game 22 - CBJ @ WPG - 23 Nov, 7pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Per the Lou Brown definition, we officially are in the midst of some kind of ongoing phenomenon known as a "winning streak". I wonder how long it continues.

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Sonny Milano - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Emil Bemstrom
Nick Foligno - Alexandre Texier - Cam Atkinson
Eric Robinson - Alexander Wennberg - Josh Anderson
Gustav Nyquist - Boone Jenner - Oliver Bjorkstrand

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Ryan Murray - David Savard
Vladislav Gavrikov - Dean Kukan

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches: Riley Nash, Scott Harrington

Roster Report: The Blue Jackets did not practice Friday so it remains unknown if any changes to Thursday's lineup will be in the offing. Tortorella spoke of how Nash did not deserve to be scratched but he had to make a tough decision to get down to 12 forwards, and it should be a similar situation Saturday to make the final choices.

jets.nhl.com doesn't have a preview article up. I'm beginning to think maybe we're a little privileged in that regard.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Jets' last game:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This is the dream right here. Texier, Dubois, Wennberg, and Jenner, all at center.

I am a bit curious about how the matchups will play out. If Dubois' line is supposedly too young/offensive then they could get a bad matchup on the road.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
we officially are in the midst of some kind of ongoing phenomenon known as a "winning streak".

What is this phenomenon of which you speak - "win - ning streak"? I have not heretofore encountered such a thing.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
One man's dream is another man's nightmare.

All 4 had points last game, along with being above 50% on draws, 3+ shots, and above 50% in every possession metric. Granted it's Detroit, it won't be that easy, but I'm not seeing a nightmare unfolding here.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Im kind confused with these lineups. Do we have 4 lines that really are all same level? Theres no clear 1stline or 2nd line, Nyquist,Boone and Björky in 4th line? Work has take too much time in first quarter of season. Have only seen 3 games. Who plays the most?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Im kind confused with these lineups. Do we have 4 lines that really are all same level? Theres no clear 1stline or 2nd line, Nyquist,Boone and Björky in 4th line? Work has take too much time in first quarter of season. Have only seen 3 games. Who plays the most?

No pattern yet. The lines have been together for two games and the ice time has been moving up and down. I think that is Torts' intention at this point, to adjust the ice time each game according to whoever is playing well.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

I think they have 4 3rd lines if you ask me.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
No pattern yet. The lines have been together for two games and the ice time has been moving up and down. I think that is Torts' intention at this point, to adjust the ice time each game according to whoever is playing well.
I think that is the head coaches job. Players should get ice time based on their play. If you are going to give them ice time based on who they are, you're asking for trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad