GDT: Game #21 - Your Columbus Blue Jackets @ Toronna Maple Leafs 11-19-2018

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
what a surprise. Torts is not happy with Werenski and Harrington pair. Why you put them together then? they are awful.
In all honesty, Werenski is not playing good defense with Jones either. He was allowed to be a "rover" all last season and now he is expected to be defensively responsible and it's coming back to bite him.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Jackets really impressed me tonight. Y'all play kinda like the Ducks, y'know, if the Ducks were actually good. Opportunistic but tenacious.

Reactions: Viqsi

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Others outside of here agree with me, .... I see no comment on Dubinsky??

Here I am.

Tyler Ennis might not be that great of a player, but 1 thing he is good at is puck handling and agility/speed. At least Dubinsky forced him to the outside.

Why don't you go back and tell me WHAT THE f*** Bobrovsky was doing on that goal.

If that was Korpisalo, what would be said?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
There was 1 line threat tonight. Nothing from other 2 and crap from 4rth line and 3rd pair.

I think that's sort of right. But it's funny it's the opposite of what the fancy stats say - the Jenner line had the best scoring chance ratios. I think the Jenner line could have been more dangerous given how dominant they were with zone time.

Reactions: thebus88

major major

Feb 18, 2013
In all honesty, Werenski is not playing good defense with Jones either. He was allowed to be a "rover" all last season and now he is expected to be defensively responsible and it's coming back to bite him.

Yeah I've been saying that about Werenski for awhile. He's being exposed, maybe on purpose.

But tonight I was more disappointed in Murray and Jones to be honest. They weren't moving the puck well, seemed to have the jitters. Werenski and Harrington got outmatched on Tavares' goal but that was the kind of play that Tavares does to everyone. You can't outmuscle him when he's going to the net.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
wasn't good with Savard either, blow coverage after blow coverage, got lucky in Dallas in dying seconds that Seguin missed the net, Bob saved his ass on that breakaway on PP with Canes(once again he doesn't belong on PP). Tonight ..geeez.

It still stuck with me how he said last year. "It's not my job" - to play defence.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So that's the official count.

2 negative comments about Bob on the Ennis goal.

We were dominating before that goal.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The lazy pinches are what bother me the most with Werenski.

I cant believe he missed the shot when Andersson was falling down. It was brutal.

He legitimately has 1 of the best wrist shots in the entire NHL for D men, IMO.

He reminds me of a much more skilled Wisniewski.

Reactions: Cowumbus

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Torts called the 3rd goal pee wee coverage

Watching the replay I think He's calling out Nash in particular

anyone think anything else?

I think the breakdown is entirely on Sedlak. That was his point man left wide open, Nash had to race out last minute to get in the shot lane that Sedlak left open. Sedlak gets in Tavares' way initially when Tavares gets the puck, which is fine, but then follows him even after he sees the pass to his open point.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I think the breakdown is entirely on Sedlak. That was his point man left wide open, Nash had to race out last minute to get in the shot lane that Sedlak left open. Sedlak gets in Tavares' way initially when Tavares gets the puck, which is fine, but then follows him even after he sees the pass to his open point.
Harry and Sedlak should sit next game, or waive them whatever. What to do with Werenski is a question. Back to Jones? cuz no one else can cover for his defensive lapses better.
Nuti back with Murr and Savard with Kukan again.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Harry and Sedlak should sit next game, or waive them whatever. What to do with Werenski is a question. Back to Jones? cuz no one else can cover for his defensive lapses better.
Nuti back with Murr and Savard with Kukan again.

Yeah that's the pairs I prefer too.

I won't endorse waiving either of those guys though. I don't think Sedlak has been a too-frequent liability.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
If you watch, Bob was very much screened by Savard. Idk what Savard was even doing there besides falling down.

Dude just loves to be down.

ennis.gif

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
To be honest, Torts’ “pee-wee coverage” comment sort of rubs me the wrong way. Sure, he’s definitely right. But the 4th line really shouldn’t have been out there in that situation at that point in the game to begin with.

As for Bob, the first goal should’ve been stopped.

As for Werenski, he’s never been good defensively, so putting him with Harrington was never going to work. Also I’m not sure why, but Harrington apparently now thinks he can pinch like the rest of the defenseman. I don’t know why he thinks that. He shouldn’t. Werenski should probably be baby sat by Murray, if we really want to discuss good defensive pairs.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
Leafs fans showing their colors I see... Amazing so many feel the need to come in here and post on an opposing team's board.

Why not. Isn't there enough tribalism on the internet already. Even the Azzurri Jackets of Tortorella make line-up decisions based on passports given how Northern American tossing pouches Werenski and Murray were fastforwarded ahead of Nutivaara whom holds the right of play to play the big minutes with brother Jones.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The complete absence of secondary scoring the past couple of dames is somewhat concerning to me. IN addition, it would be nice if Bread stopped imitating Pooh and started shooting at the net.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I get the previous comments about who was on the ice at the time of the 3rd goal. I get that Savard was falling down and screened Bob. But I think Torts was correct in his pre-game comments. It is a game of mistakes. And young players make mistakes. The team needs to find a way to win. A pre-Thanksgiving game by a 1st place team losing to another playoff club isn't the end of the world. Some people feel that it is, and they are entitled to their opinion. It's a game the team grows from and will get better. I still believe good things are in store for the 18-19 Columbus Blue Jackets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->