GDT: Game 21: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Phoenix Coyotes | 11-16-13 | 6PM Arizona Time

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
The Western Conference Finals run, Doan hat trick, Shutout streak, and now the yipping go down amongst some of my favorite memories as a Coyotes fan.

I'd add to that list the microphone malfunction at the Ducks game when the crowd sang the anthem when Patrick Lauder couldn't.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Just watched the game again. Korpikoski looks like he's getting around the ice a lot better, and I'm not just saying that because he put up points. HE's always been streaky offensively. I figured something was wrong with his lower body. There was no jump in his game and it's hard to think that putting on 15 lbs. would destroy his skating like that. Even without his offensive game he's still a beast on the for check and we just haven't seen it from him. This is a guy we used to call the Korpedo.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
I guess I'm the only one that finds the coyote "yipping" and howling we do really lame and embarrassing.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Okay, I guess if I look at it that way I can enjoy it. I am all for pissing off other teams fans :)

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I love the coyote howl, it is awesome, unique, and fans of other teams hate it. My sister is a fan of a different team but likes coming to Jobing.com when they play and she said "I hate the coyote howl, it drives me crazy." Keep it up, the coyote howl brings Coyotes fans together.

Feb 12, 2003
I guess I'm the only one that finds the coyote "yipping" and howling we do really lame and embarrassing.

Were you in the building Saturday night? It wasn't the sound as much as the unity that gained my attention.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

The kids like it. It was a really fun aspect of the experience when I was a little guy. I think it's good for business, generally speaking. Makes the experience more fun for families with young children. That's the demographic we are after the most.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
The kids like it. It was a really fun aspect of the experience when I was a little guy. I think it's good for business, generally speaking. Makes the experience more fun for families with young children. That's the demographic we are after the most.

+1 My kid likes to howl. And it gives us an authentic identity. I like it.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
I remember howling going on all the time when I was younger at AWA. The fan base has been damaged the last few years you never would have saw that going on during the bankruptcy. Coyote fans are feeling good about themselves. This I like. Also, I would like to add my 50 something father likes to howl, but his sounds more like a bloodhound than anything...

That's embarrassing.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The howl is the one scrap of identity that the team has in the valley and sets it apart from other sports teams. Why get rid of it? The best traditions are one that grow organically. If everyone starts yipping like a Coyote pack does after a fresh kill at the end of wins I'm really not going to complain. I'll join in.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Jesus guys, relax :laugh:

You have officially changed my mind. The howl is awesome.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
I mostly just liked the spontaneity of the crowd howling. It's cool whenever the crowd does something like that without a jumbotron prompt.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I mostly just liked the spontaneity of the crowd howling. It's cool whenever the crowd does something like that without a jumbotron prompt.

Agreed. I'm willing to bet the players appreciate it too. Nice to see that our crowds have been better this year compared to 2 years ago. I just hope it keeps up.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It's great that the coyote actually has a sound they make.

what sound does a king, shark, star, oiler, etc make?

Now the ducks...ever here duck's fans quacking? That would be funny.:laugh:

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
It's great that the coyote actually has a sound they make.
what sound does a king, shark, star, oiler, etc make?
("what does the fox say?")
Now the ducks...ever here duck's fans quacking? That would be funny.:laugh:
The closest I've heard was at a Ducks v Sharks game the one time I went to San Jose. Someone brought a duck call in and led the chant: "Ducks suck! <quack> <quack> Ducks suck! <quack> <quack>..."

Feb 12, 2003
("what does the fox say?")

Speaking of that, how do the Coyotes pass up a pretty good opportunity for a video montage of that adapted to "What does the Coyote say?". Somebody, get on it. You could cut to fans howling and yipping, I could see it being very favorable. It just takes a little creativity to make it work. Give me the tools and I could give it a go.

Even funnier would be doing it in time for the Ducks game Saturday night and mocking the Ducks with some quacks and footage of ducks running away.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Speaking of that, how do the Coyotes pass up a pretty good opportunity for a video montage of that adapted to "What does the Coyote say?". Somebody, get on it. You could cut to fans howling and yipping, I could see it being very favorable. It just takes a little creativity to make it work. Give me the tools and I could give it a go.

Even funnier would be doing it in time for the Ducks game Saturday night and mocking the Ducks with some quacks and footage of ducks running away.

Please let the Fox Say thing die..please...the faster the better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->