GDT: Game #21: Sharks at Blackhawks (4:00pm)

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
I love Havlats comment on being scratched against the Oilers,
"no comment". Clearly the coaching staff thinks he should be in game shape and contributing more. I think we have found our new whipping boy!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I love Havlats comment on being scratched against the Oilers,
"no comment". Clearly the coaching staff thinks he should be in game shape and contributing more. I think we have found our new whipping boy!

It's not new. He's been the whipping boy since he first got hurt jumping over the boards on a change. lol

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
To be fair, they don't really prove anything if they beat the Hawks here either. It is still November after all. As long as they don't get dominated in the majority of their head-to-head matchups, they'll be alright.

No I agree. I more meant it as, they aren't really busting the slump.

We look great in the standings right now and a loss here doesn't really hurt you. But they should be looking for consistency. I think no matter how you look at it it's a good test for this team.

Tldr-sharks can lose here and still find their game.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I would love to think that Havlat being scratched means we are trading him. But honestly, who the hell would want him at that cap. Plus he has an NMC.

If he is still with us at the beginning of next season and has not shown any significant improvement and is not injured I hope we use a compliance buyout for him.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
If he is still with us at the beginning of next season and has not shown any significant improvement and is not injured I hope we use a compliance buyout for him.

I'm not sure you're going to see our org use the buyout, they are still in the red (I think they lost like $20million last season).

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
I would love to think that Havlat being scratched means we are trading him. But honestly, who the hell would want him at that cap. Plus he has an NMC.

My hopes and aspirations are they he asks for a trade and the team gives him one. We'd not get much back at this point and we'd have to eat some cap to i'm sure. :(

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
My hopes and aspirations are they he asks for a trade and the team gives him one. We'd not get much back at this point and we'd have to eat some cap to i'm sure. :(

Unless he does not show any improvement over the next few games, he is just a cap dump. And a cap dump is still better than a compliance buyout. Problem is, who would want a player who is under-performing at that type of a cap hit.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
sharks 2
hawks 5

marleau, hertl

toews, kane, handzus (since he is injured, i choose his replacement in broadhurst), saad x2

Last edited:

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
If havlat plays tonight I expect a hat trick or he needs to sit again.

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
I am expecting a solid effort from the boys in Teal. Rested and ready. Always a great game against the Hawks. Expecting some nastiness today. SNOG-Sharks win 3-2.

Hertl, Vlasic, TK

Toews, Seabrook

When healthy the Sharks are just as deep as CHI.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Maybe it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but we are long overdue for a good thrashing of the Hawks in their place. Both teams are playing their 3rd game in 4 nights (although this is also a 4th game in 6 nights for the Sharks, don't know if it is for the Hawks), so both teams should be "equally" tired, in other words, a fair fight.

I don't do predictions, but man oh man I'd really enjoy a 5-0 beatdown of the Hawks in their own place.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Is Chicago starting their backup goalie tonight (Raanta)? If so, throw everything else out the window. Sharks historically can't score if their lives depended on it against a backup.

Last edited:

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
This GDT has taught me that I should bet on Chicago to win and that I should best on Havlat to be terrible.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Good question, their is always a team that will take him hoping the change of team will help.

Either there has to be a window for him to be moved where DW won't ask or he's staying here until they either use the amnesty this off-season or the trade deadline next year when he's an expiring contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad