-- Something has to give
-- NO help coming
-- waiting for the oilers to give someone else what for nothing

but is time for

SHARK WEEK ON HFOIL

as for the oilers it just unsolved msyteries

Oct 30, 2011
3-2 Oilers

San Jose scores all five goals, including three own goals where they sweep the puck into their own net.

Up in the GM's box, MacT hands over a mysterious bag to sharks management at the end of the game.

#herecometheoilers

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
This is going to be the funniest game all season.

It's a win-win.

We get so destroyed that it's hilarious, or we actually beat the Sharks, which is 10x as funny.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Sharks hit double digits, I think. We might finally score a goal at home but I wouldn't bet on it.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
‏@EdmontonOilers 53m RT @TomGazzola #Oilers lines: Hall-RNH-Eberle. Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky. Smyth-Gordon-Perron. Jones-Arcobello-MacIntyre. Gazdic-Acton-Joesnuu.

Switch MacIntyre and Joensuu up and suddenly you have a solid, nicely balanced roster ready to compete for a top 5 pick :naughty:

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
‏@EdmontonOilers 53m RT @TomGazzola #Oilers lines: Hall-RNH-Eberle. Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky. Smyth-Gordon-Perron. Jones-Arcobello-MacIntyre. Gazdic-Acton-Joesnuu.

Switch MacIntyre and Joensuu up and suddenly you have a solid, nicely balanced roster ready to compete for a top 5 pick :naughty:

So, Perron, our only player that can skate, grind, head to the net and have the skill to score goals... let's put him with Gordon and Smyth on a shutdown line! Yeah!!

And Arcobello, our consensus best player last night, let's give him a figurative anchor in Jones and a literal anchor in MacIntyre!

McDavidson

#Jultzing
Mar 18, 2013
I think the most intriguing part of this game is after Jumbo Joe gets his 4th goal if he'll whip his **** out.

Jun 9, 2011
This is gonna be like going to the roman coliseum and watching wounded gladiators vs hungry lions.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I really hope we get Schultz back. probably won't, I imagine he will play in Calgary at the earliest. While his defence has been suspect I think he drives the offence alot more than people think. He has one of the best first passes in the NHL.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
I know everyone is expecting us to get slaughtered by the Sharks...and honestly that is pretty likely.

BUT! I could totally see us squeeking out a terrible win like what Calgary almost just managed to do vs them while being outshot 35-13.

It wont be deserved..but we will get to hear about "progress" and how we are ready to "turn the corner" and "build" off of this and all that stuff.

It wouldn't be the Oilers way to completely disappoint us after the week we had. No...noooo, we need to have a little bit of hope before it is yanked away from us. We will win and then we will proceed to get smoked 6-0 by Calgary on CBC. Guaranteed.

I'm wise to your games, Oilers. Nice try!

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Sharks will be tired after playing tonight. See the 5-0 loss to Detroit to see how much that mattered.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
If we pro-rate last season's record to 82 games, do the same to this season's so far and add that to the previous 3 years of finishing 30, 30, 29, this team must be en route to breaking a record for the worst 5 consecutive seasons ever.

Now with MacT's comments about wanting a "big, fast defenseman" it's time to wait for another bottom pairing guy with questionable upside to be acquired. Bottom line is we need a new management team to come in and clean house, and take this team in whatever direction they think they should. I would have taken Burke here in a heartbeat. He'd at least make things interesting.

Oh yeah, Sharks game. Might as well write the L down already.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
7dv1.png

We have become the laughing stock of the entire Hockey world...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad