GDT: Game 21: Montreal vs. Washington|World Toilet Day|11/19/18|7:30PM ET, TSN2 RDS NBCSWA 98.5FM TSN690

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
"When nature calls, we need a toilet."

Lolzner.jpg

Credit: Runner77

This is the UN's slogan for November 19' s World Toilet Day. Although toilets and sanitation systems are a standard and unmissable thing in our places of residence, more than 60% of the global population -- 4.5 billion people -- either have no toilet at home or one that doesn't safely manage excreta. As well, 862 million people globally still practice open defecation.
(UN Facts)

To bring attention to this worldwide issue, RDS journalist Luc Gelinas tried his hands at advanced stats by tweeting this earlier today.

Luc Gelinas Twitter.jpg

Michel Therrien, who took notice of Gelinas' tweet, had this to say.

Therrien.png

Which prompted Renaud Lavoie to respond in "Renaud" fashion.

RenLavoie.png

Our opponents, the Washington Capitals, are the ideal adversaries to face on World Toilet Day. In a tight-lipped manner, the UN chose Alex Ovechkin as the ambassador and face of this international observance day. Why Ovechkin?

After winning the Stanley Cup, Ovy made it a habit of binge drinking with the cup beside him. He brought it wherever he went and held it proudly above his head as often as time allowed. He was partying and celebrating so hard he tweeted this.

Ovechkin Tweet.jpg

After handing the Stanley Cup to his teammates, Ovy felt melancholy and confusion. Despite cutting down on alcohol, He couldn't stop lifting objects above his head. It felt good to him; it appeased his mind. Then, one day, the UN reached out to him and the rest, as they say, is history.

Ovechkin Toilet.jpg

After touring parts of the world, Ovechkin, accompanied by Holtby made an appearance on the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon last week, raising awareness for World Toilet Day. They even recaptured their memorable moment from June, as they hoisted Fallon in the air and helped him drink from the Cup. This time, however, it didn't look quite as pleasant for Fallon.

Fallon Ovechkin.jpg

As any good teammate would do, Tom Wilson added his touch of salt to give prominence to World Toilet Day.

Tom Wilson.jpg

Safe to say, the Caps weren't too pleased with Wilson's tweet.

Caps Twitter.jpg

And so, on that note...

Go Habs Go!.gif

Montreal Lineup (official):
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Agostino - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - Peca - Hudon

Benn - Petry
Schlemko - Juulsen
Reilly - Mete

Price
Niemi

Washington Lineup (official):
Ovechkin - Eller - Wilson
Vrana - Backstrom - Burakovsky
Stephenson - Boyd - Smith-Pelly
Jaskin - Dowd - Connolly

Orlov - Carlson
Kempny - Niskanen
Djoos - Bowey

Copley
Holtby

For the time being, here's a little something for this warrior, who has impressed many this past week and a half.

giphy.gif

And a little something to remind ourselves of our defense.

2hi43k9.jpg

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Home game after a long trip, not enough time to get back to normal time.
Not sure about this one....but maybe they put Holtby in and he gives us 2 points(i doubt)

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Habs coming off 2 big games out west, Caps having an extra day to rest and chasing a wildcard spot, going to be a tough one.

Reactions: Runner77

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I'll never be able to wipe the memory of this GDT away. Thanks for the chuckle @PhysicX! There's not nearly enough scatalogical humour on this board. :sarcasm:
I didn't go overboard did I? At least, I hope I don't have to unclog parts of the GDT. @Runner77 helped quite a bit, though I'm not sure he'd like to be linked in any way, shape, or form with this GDT. :laugh:

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
What did I just read? :laugh:

Don't think this game will be a cakewalk like the last time we face the Caps. Ovy probably gets a PP goal in typical fashion. Lets's hope Holtby is in net.
But we'll need a total effort in this one and Habs will be tired after the trip.
OT loss wouldn't surprise me.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I didn't go overboard did I? At least, I hope I don't have to unclog parts of the GDT. @Runner77 helped quite a bit, though I'm not sure he'd like to be linked in any way, shape, or form with this GDT. :laugh:

I loved reading through it. I plead the 5th in the US and the right against self-incrimination in Canada, so that I am fully covered.

Never heard of this before. :laugh:

Great job, PhysiX. Love how you strung the story together, how you delivered the punch lines and how you integrated social media. Nicely done!

Reactions: Bloumeister

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's pretty tame considering how low one could go, so to speak. :laugh:

I'm sure @Runner77 was happy to participate. :)

I played a small part but the whole concept was his idea. I didn't know how he'd put it together but did so effectively. Definitely fun, especially when someone other than me does the GDT, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad