GDT: Game 21 - Ducks @ Avalanche - March Madness Homestand - 7PM

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
With MacK possibly out for few more games or who knows, maybe longer and the trade deadline only month away, if Sakic is gonna do anything to upgrade the 3 C, he should just do it now. Trade JTC and whatever else it takes to get a guy who can produce offense .

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If Bednar’s eyes are anything like mine he was definitely annoyed with players being too passive and letting guys catch them from behind. Once Jost was coming from behind his own net with the puck, made a quick move and then just started coasting while he looked for an option and Ducks forward caught him from behind and stripped him. Same thing happened on the offensive blue like a couple of times. Saad and Donskoi were both about to get the puck deep, waited an extra second and again Anaheim forwards stripped them from behind and brought the puck the other way.

Guys need to be sure of their decisions. Jost on his weak exit on the first goal was embarrassing. To top it off Graves then goes full Graves and Compher drifts down to the front of the net instead of covering high and leaves someone wide open in the very high slot to score. It was just a train wreck of a goal. These are the sloppy things I’m guessing Bednar is talking about.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Missed the game and saw the score by accident before watching a replay. Nice to see that they got a win.

From the highlights and stats I gather that Nichuskin had a belter of a game, good for him. Secondary scoring stepping up is nice to see.

I'm sure @henchman24 is extra pleased with a comeback win lol

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
He's not getting fired though. Not with a schedule as condensed as we have with literally a game every other night for the rest of the season.

His job is safe for this year at minimum.
I agree that an in-season firing is unlikely, I would not be surprised if he was fired after a first-round loss, for example.

TheDangerBowen

Highway to
Jul 4, 2011
CO
So happy for Nuke that he had such a great game.

Now it worries me that makes him a prime target for the WILSON22 D2D plague to get him out of the lineup

Reactions: missionAvs

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I agree that an in-season firing is unlikely, I would not be surprised if he was fired after a first-round loss, for example.

If the Avs fail in the playoffs he might not come back next year...also he's only under contract until the end of next season.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Nuke, Rants, G, Saad, LOC, Toews, MacDonald and Renouf were good tonight I thought.

Lando, Kadri, Bura, Donskoi were really really bad. Grubauer didn’t look great either but he gets a pass because of how much he’s having to play (we need a goalie badly).

Graves gets his own category of terrible, he was fine for the 3 games he simplified his game then went right back to thinking he’s Bobby f***ing Orr. I’m so tired of seeing him try to force shots that miss 9 times out of 10. When Makar and Byram come back I’d really consider sitting him in favor of MacD and Renouf.

Even though we were playing a slumping Anaheim team it was still great to finally see a rare comeback from this team. The players mentioned in the good category really turned it on and got us the win. Would really like to see more from Lando, Kadri and Bura, especially since we’re missing Mack right now.
Thats not even the most frustrating part of his game imo. His inability to clear a puck to me is the most frustrating thing. The fact that the opposition purposely dumps it into his corner comes as no surprise. They used to do this to Guenin, Clark, Benoit, Zanon and Holden all the time. Ryan Graves has terrible hands to go along with cement feet.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He should this team plays like crap at least 1-2 times a week.

I used to say stuff like a win is a win, but at this point in time playing like they did most of last night is pathetic. The only reason we won was because it was Anaheim any higher end team and we lose pretty badly.

I get injuries are a thing and Bednar is missing 2 of the top 10 players in the world right now. And a few other regulars.

But you'd think that they'd know by now the only way you win is by working hard. Which we still fail to do fairly consistently.
Thats pretty bad when they play 3 games a week minimum haha.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Thats pretty bad when they play 3 games a week minimum haha.
Yep not great, the only time we see a solid effort is after they get embarrassed. That effort lasts for a game then it's back to super lazy, uninspired hockey. Its a pretty bad brand of hockey right now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I honestly thought the Avs played pretty well last night and even more so when you factor in missing their two best players. Certain players may not have been great but in general I consider that a good win. I believe they also hit two or three posts, had another puck get behind Gibson and sit in the crease but Donskoi couldn't knock it in, and had a goal waived off.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
If Bednar’s eyes are anything like mine he was definitely annoyed with players being too passive and letting guys catch them from behind. Once Jost was coming from behind his own net with the puck, made a quick move and then just started coasting while he looked for an option and Ducks forward caught him from behind and stripped him. Same thing happened on the offensive blue like a couple of times. Saad and Donskoi were both about to get the puck deep, waited an extra second and again Anaheim forwards stripped them from behind and brought the puck the other way.

Guys need to be sure of their decisions. Jost on his weak exit on the first goal was embarrassing. To top it off Graves then goes full Graves and Compher drifts down to the front of the net instead of covering high and leaves someone wide open in the very high slot to score. It was just a train wreck of a goal. These are the sloppy things I’m guessing Bednar is talking about.

Exactly. It was Jost who lost his position in the slot and who stood just there in front of the net, not Compher though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So happy for Nuke that he had such a great game.

Now it worries me that makes him a prime target for the WILSON22 D2D plague to get him out of the lineup

Yeah Nuke had a great game. He really flipped the switch and looked like that confident wrecking ball flying around the zone. Would love to see that keep going.

Just keep that switch turned on Nuke! He's completely in control of whether he plays like that or not.

I'm taking full credit for saying the other day he needed to get going and then changing my Nuke avatar. Clearly I motivated him.

Reactions: Pokecheque

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Yeah Nuke had a great game. He really flipped the switch and looked like that confident wrecking ball flying around the zone. Would love to see that keep going.

Just keep that switch turned on Nuke! He's completely in control of whether he plays like that or not.

I'm taking full credit for saying the other day he needed to get going and then changing my Nuke avatar. Clearly I motivated him.
Thank you for your service.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->