GDT: Game 21: BLACKHAWKS (11-7-2) @ Canucks (7-7-6) | 11/20/15 | 9:00pm (CBC, TVA, WGN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The fact that Mashinter is playing over Tikhonov is an indictment of Joel Quenneville's roster management.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
I agree, provided they don't do something stupid like include TT or Dano in a desperate "win now" trade for a vet who will be too old and/or expensive to be useful to the team when that happens.

And when TT walks in two years because of Panarin's contract (or offer sheet match) it'll be just as easy to say "wish we would have gone for it in 2015-2016".

Not a single fan I know is clamoring to bring in a vet who's contract runs beyond next season. This team is missing ONE PIECE.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
And when TT walks in two years because of Panarin's contract (or offer sheet match) it'll be just as easy to say "wish we would have gone for it in 2015-2016".

Not a single fan I know is clamoring to bring in a vet who's contract runs beyond next season. This team is missing ONE PIECE.

He can't "walk" in two years. He'll be an RFA.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

What are you talking about?

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
If y'all didn't see a difficult year coming you must have been living under a rock. While there's a lot of talent left on this team, we lost a lot as well. And I think everyone had an idea that our D in particular would struggle. Buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy one, this season.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The fact that Mashinter is playing over Tikhonov is another indictment of Joel Quenneville's roster management.

Not really much difference between the two players. Neither has any offense to their game and Masher is bigger, stronger and won't get pushed around. Considering how wimpy this team is in general, I understand why Q feels the need to play him over Tiko.

CrashBartley

Nov 19, 2014
Sports fans are allowed to hate opposing teams players regardless of character. You think a lot pf Canucks fans don't hate Toews?
LOL, just watching the game last night, I told my wife that Toews is my favourite player in the NHL, including any Canuck. First guy I'd take in a draft.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So this game shows how it goes when you are a meh team...You play vomit the 2 prior games but still get 3/4 points...Then in game 3 of the Circus Trip ...you play better...much better than you did 8n the prior 2 games but manage to snatch defeat by playing garbage the final 5 minutes....Toews plays his best game in the last 8 scores a "normal" goal by skating with pace fir a change and getting g off a clear shot for a change to score...Then later in the game he gives it right back by taking a lazy stick penalty on the PK giving them a 5 on 3 on which they convert...Anisimov s ores tge tying goal then the next shift line #2 is on after that they are on for the 4th VAN goal...
Kane not close to his check but still CC should have made the save on what looked like a routine shot where CC was square to the shot angle and saw it because no screen 8nfro t of him..Most goalies would have stopped that shot...But CC fumbles it and it sneaks up off his arm and idy into the net...As Q put CC''s play in net last night....just OK (we know what that means in Q-speak)....so CC makes the big save to get us tge win in EDM...but blows a routine square to tge shot angle unscrewed shot to lose us tge game in VAN in the last few minutes when the game is on the line...In all these cases...inconsistency. ..good play bad play bad play good play...netting us MEH after 21 GP...no traction to consistently top level play with All parts (forwards,Dmen,and Goalies pulling on the oars at the same time and for several games in a row..Too inconsistent...

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The fact that Mashinter is playing over Tikhonov is an indictment of Joel Quenneville's roster management.

Neither should be playing... They both belong in the AHL.

Crawford was awful in this game. There is no way to argue otherwise. How many times did he get beat shortside? How many times was he down on his knees early? Absolutely brutal.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Neither should be playing... They both belong in the AHL.

Crawford was awful in this game. There is no way to argue otherwise. How many times did he get beat shortside? How many times was he down on his knees early? Absolutely brutal.

How many times did Hawks leave Canuck wide open? How many times did Hawks leave man alone in front of CC?

Crawford was not good but he got absolutely no help from rest of team

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
How many times did Hawks leave Canuck wide open? How many times did Hawks leave man alone in front of CC?

Crawford was not good but he got absolutely no help from rest of team

Not enough times for him to give up 5 goals on 19 shots... He wasn't just "not good", which implies he might have been OK. He was awful. He was slow to react, had zero anticipation, was off his angles and out of position, and down early the entire night. He makes six million dollars a season. His performance against Vancouver is what I expect from an injury call-up... At no point did he look like an NHL caliber goalie in that game.

The Hawks have a bunch of guys still trying to learn the system. That's when your big money goalie needs to at least be AVERAGE.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Just an FYI

After 21 Games .........
This Year - 11-8-2
Last Year - 12-8-1

Last year Hawks won 8 straight after game 21 to improve to 20-8-1

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Just an FYI

After 21 Games .........
This Year - 11-8-2
Last Year - 12-8-1

Last year Hawks won 8 straight after game 21 to improve to 20-8-1

Thanks for that. It's been brought up a few times but the more the better!
The question they will indeed answer is can this team go 8-0 over the next eight?!
Something hasn't quite gelled with them yet .. is it a trade or a shuffle of our existing players, I don't know.
Maybe a group meditation. :sarcasm:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Not enough times for him to give up 5 goals on 19 shots... He wasn't just "not good", which implies he might have been OK. He was awful. He was slow to react, had zero anticipation, was off his angles and out of position, and down early the entire night. He makes six million dollars a season. His performance against Vancouver is what I expect from an injury call-up... At no point did he look like an NHL caliber goalie in that game.

The Hawks have a bunch of guys still trying to learn the system. That's when your big money goalie needs to at least be AVERAGE.

And that is not about to change very soon. It was obvious from the outset that Hawks' goalies will see more rubber this season.

When CC's fundamentals aren't perfect, he's in a world of hurt. Darling has not yet reached the level of play we saw from him last season either but it seems to be coming.

I think everyone who reads this board knows where I stand on this subject, hence I'm just going to sit back and let things unfold. Q is stubborn but he's not stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad