GDT: Game 21: 11/24: Black Friday: Bruins vs. Penguins 1pm ET | Khudobin starts again - NBC, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
if it ain’t broke...

Dobby has to get the start.

Don’t forget we get this guy tomorrow

ebbpy88cjobno1if1yau_400x400.jpeg

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I'm very curious as to who starts, I probably go dobby but giving tuukka a shot in a big game against a good team might just be the big spotlight tuukka could use to bust out of his slump. But I expect dobby.

I'm hoping for a fun one!

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I am working 3-11 so will have to wait until I get home to catch this one . I would ride the hot hand and play Dobby until he loses a game but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Rask in goal . The Bruins were back on there heels a lot in that New Jersey game , Marchand and Krug were missed . Krejci is going to have a good game and the Bruins win 4-2 .

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
if it ain’t broke...

Dobby has to get the start.

Don’t forget we get this guy tomorrow

ebbpy88cjobno1if1yau_400x400.jpeg
*Bergeron wins a faceoff*
"Did you know that Patrice Bergeraw played a year in the Q for the Acadie-Bathurst Titan and had his number retired by them? All because he can win faceoffs. He sure has fun out there!! Back to you Doc!!!"

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I find myself surprisingly in the "Play Dobby" camp. I'm still hanging on to Rask...ultimately, he's our #1. I'd be shocked if Khudobin and Rask have "crossed streams" and that Khudobin is now genuinely the better goaltender overall...I don't think that will be the case. But in the 2x2 matrix where you examine what happens when you play Khudobin and play Rask on Friday, and what happens in a win/loss in each situation, it's clear that there's so much upside to Khudobin playing next, and Rask playing on Sunday. In fact, barring injury, that should almost certainly be what happens.

The key being: What happens if Rask were to play tomorrow and lose? You took the net away from the hot hand, AND you've dumped cold water on Rask, who I'm sure is trying to do what he can to get back up to his Vezina-self. Baby steps - don't throw Rask to the two-time Stanley Cup Champion Pens. Give him a struggling team that has had a series of losses that's on a road trip from a bit of a distance.

Reactions: minpind and BMC

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I find myself surprisingly in the "Play Dobby" camp. I'm still hanging on to Rask...ultimately, he's our #1. I'd be shocked if Khudobin and Rask have "crossed streams" and that Khudobin is now genuinely the better goaltender overall...I don't think that will be the case. But in the 2x2 matrix where you examine what happens when you play Khudobin and play Rask on Friday, and what happens in a win/loss in each situation, it's clear that there's so much upside to Khudobin playing next, and Rask playing on Sunday. In fact, barring injury, that should almost certainly be what happens.

The key being: What happens if Rask were to play tomorrow and lose? You took the net away from the hot hand, AND you've dumped cold water on Rask, who I'm sure is trying to do what he can to get back up to his Vezina-self. Baby steps - don't throw Rask to the two-time Stanley Cup Champion Pens. Give him a struggling team that has had a series of losses that's on a road trip from a bit of a distance.
So who do you play on Wednesday vs Tampa Bay ? I guess what happens over the next two games will answer that question.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So who do you play on Wednesday vs Tampa Bay ? I guess what happens over the next two games will answer that question.

Yup, I think that's a little too far ahead - although there's only 4 combos to really consider. As I said, I'd play Dobby against Pens, Rask against Oilers.

If Rask wins, then no matter what Khudobin did, I'd let him take back the net and play against high-flying Tampa...the Oilers would function as a "warm up" to a tough team. My prime directive is to get Rask back to 100%, because Rask at 100 is better than Khudobin at 100. If Khudobin wins and Rask loses...wow, don't want to think about that, but you might have to let Khudobin play against Tampa, and give Rask another shot playing the Flyers. If they both lose...I dunno who plays Tampa. I'd have to look in the game and see if someone got "fluke" goals, and if someone genuinely played poorly. And I'd accept a bit of non-statistical "gut feel" on Bruce's part in whatever decision he makes, as it'd be close. Basically whoever's not acting like a head case goes in.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I've been looking forward to this game for the last two weeks because I actually get to watch it and at a normal time too! It's on at 6pm Irish time, finish work around 4:30, grab a pizza and some beers on the way home and have my ass on the couch just in time for the game. Can't wait! Go Bruins. ☘️

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Game is on 9pm in Moscow, I am going to the hooters to watch the game. There is a Canadian bar here in Moscow that plays games, but on Fridays it is a night club so hooters it is.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2017-11-24_5-0-53.png

upload_2017-11-24_12-27-46.png

upload_2017-11-24_5-3-42.png

a_560x0.png

Today's Officials

130p_rooney.jpg
130p_mccauley.jpg

Referees Chris Rooney (5), Wes McCauley (4)
Linesmen Matt MacPherson (83), Trent Knorr (63)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

BOSTON vs PITTSBURGH, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Penguins are meeting for the 202nd time in their histories with the Bruins having a 111-62-21-7 record and a 765-615 scoring edge in those contests. - The Bruins are 67-22-6-4 in 99 home games played between these teams, with a 410-273 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 8-1-2 in their last 11 games vs. the Penguins and have taken points out of their last 6 vs. Pittsburgh in Boston at 5-0-1 with their last regulation home loss of the series a 3-2 setback on Apr. 20, 2013

WAYBACK MACHINE

TODAY’S GAME

The Bruins host the Penguins today for the first of three games between these teams this season and the first of two of this season at TD Garden … The Bruins are 9-7-4 this season and are 5-3-2 on home ice thus far … They are 1-2-1 against Metropolitan Division foes and 1-3-3 against the Eastern Conference. - The Bruins open a three-game home stand today which they will continue hosting Edmonton on Sunday and Tampa Bay on Wednesday. - They are playing their third of ten matinees this season and they enter today’s game with an 0-2-0 record in afternoon games.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Frank Vatrano is looking to play in his 100th NHL game today.

:bruins:pens

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-24_5-2-44.png
    upload_2017-11-24_5-2-44.png
    271.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Looking forward to this one.

Who's in net ?.

I believe the B's can win.

Is Brad back?

HERE WE GO BRUINS. ..HERE WE GO:clap::clap:

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Looking forward to this one.

Who's in net ?.

I believe the B's can win.

Is Brad back?

HERE WE GO BRUINS. ..HERE WE GO:clap::clap:

I hate 6 AM crew calls..... there are already people lining up to get into Sullivan's :help:

No official word on who is in net

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
For Bruins, goalie decision is a no-brainer right now - The Boston Globe

Bruce Cassidy granted his charges a rest day on Thanksgiving. A three-game winning streak is good enough for any coach to respect the holiday and give thanks for game-changing goaltending.

“The only decision tomorrow is how much turkey to have,” the Bruins coach said following Wednesday’s 3-2 shootout win at New Jersey. “I think it’s good for all of us to get away from the rink and enjoy the day.
“Again, good problem to have. We’ve said it. I don’t think we can go wrong with whoever’s in there on Friday. You’ve got to give the guy credit. He’s been really good for us.”

For the last week, Anton Khudobin has given Cassidy, goaltending coach Bob Essensa, and the rest of his bosses decisions to debate. After Khudobin’s latest 40-save gem, there is nothing to debate in terms of Friday’s starting goalie against Pittsburgh.
It is no longer about rebooting Tuukka Rask. It is about remaining at the table when the cards run hot, tapping on the keyboard while the words keep flowing, and staying seated on the bike saddle when the legs are humming. When you have the hottest goalie in the league, there is no reason to hand the keys to anyone else.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Are there Black Friday deals at the pro shop? I forget.

Mom wants a jersey for Christmas, May as well go for it today if there’s a sale.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Are there Black Friday deals at the pro shop? I forget.
Mom wants a jersey for Christmas, May as well go for it today if there’s a sale.
I saw an ad somewhere that said so, but I couldn’t tell you what.

ETA: Doorbusters

https://www.tdgarden.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Black_Friday_Proshop_Insert_Web.pdf

NHL.com is 25% off today.

I’m superstitious, so as I drink coffee out of my circa 1982 game day mug, I’m happy to see the minimalist GDT. No offense to your masterpieces, Ali!

That said, I’d go with Tuukka today.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So we have the exact same goals per game, and better goals against, than the defending cup champs. With our lineup this year I guess that's pretty good.

Reactions: BMC

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I’m afraid they will put Dobby one game too long. They should take their chips and leave the table when ahead.

Go back with Rask and see how much he wants that crease back. He has owned the Pens for years.

Reactions: sooshii

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Evgeni Malkin won’t travel with the Penguins to Boston and will sit out their game against the Bruins Friday. That marks his second game missed with an upper-body injury.

“We’ll evaluate him when we come back,” Sullivan said. “One of the reasons he’s not going to travel with us is because it’s an afternoon game. He’s got an opportunity to skate here.”

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NBC Sports presents the 2017 NHL Thanksgiving Showdown this Friday at 1 p.m. ET on NBC, when the Pittsburgh Penguins travel to Boston to face the Bruins, marking the first of nine games that will air on NBC during the regular season.

Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick (play-by-play), Mike Milbury (analyst), and Pierre McGuire (‘Inside-the-Glass analyst) will call Penguins-Bruins from TD Garden in Boston on Friday. Host Liam McHugh and Keith Jones will provide pre-game and intermission analysis on-site.

20953863_505340599819279_7023421573640030207_n.jpg

Portland Channel 6, Bangor Channel 2, Providence Channel 10, Burlington-Plattsburgh-Montreal Channel 5, Hartford Channel 30, Springfield Channel 22, New York Channel 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->