Pre-Game Talk: GAME #20 - Zdeno Chara will not play in Bruins’ game vs. Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Anybody think Tuukka gets the day off tomorrow? I'd say highly likely. Is Khudobin ready to travel/play?

In his 3 rehab starts in Providence so far, he's allowed 11 goals in 3 games, 3.49 GAA, .874 sv %. Even still he's 2-0-1 in those three games, but I'm not exactly brimming with confidence looking at those numbers. I'd almost rather give McIntyre the start and give him another chance to show what he's got.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
We want Liles to carry the team?

What? I'm thinking no. In fact, until you mentioned it I wasn't thinking anything even remotely like that and I seriously doubt anyone else was either. I think you are projecting an opinion not shared by anyone, not even the coaching staff. No one expects Liles to carry the team.

The team is in "shore up the defense as best as it can" mode right now. That is all.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I just hope this isn't a recurrence of Chara's knee injury from two years ago.

This is my biggest fear. The PCL was never repaired; it was rehabbed. That means the knee's stability is being managed by 3-point-<something> remaining ligaments and Chara's leg musculature.

My ortho surgeon has told me in the past that the PCL is difficult to repair and it's never really 100% following a repair. If he has reaggravated his injury this doesn't bode well for the team near or long term, in my opinion.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This is my biggest fear. The PCL was never repaired; it was rehabbed. That means the knee's stability is being managed by 3-point-<something> remaining ligaments and Chara's leg musculature.

My ortho surgeon has told me in the past that the PCL is difficult to repair and it's never really 100% following a repair. If he has reaggravated his injury this doesn't bode well for the team near or long term, in my opinion.

Huge recovery time as well. It would be a disaster for him at this point in his career.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
In his 3 rehab starts in Providence so far, he's allowed 11 goals in 3 games, 3.49 GAA, .874 sv %. Even still he's 2-0-1 in those three games, but I'm not exactly brimming with confidence looking at those numbers. I'd almost rather give McIntyre the start and give him another chance to show what he's got.

they should have grabbed Hammond or traded the 5th for condon and waived khudobin. awful starts these days, I know in past he's been good but we'll likely see CJ ride tuukka now because there's no reliable back up help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad