GDT: Game #20 - Your Columbus Blue Jackets @ Carolina Hurricanes 11-17

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Damn near perfect game across the board. I don't care much about the 3rd because after the first 5-10 minutes the Jackets put their feet up. So its whatever. But I loved their defensive play tonight, and they converted on their chances when they got them.

Darling is not good.

Werenski played better but he still has a ways to go.

27-3 is a great pairing.

Congrats to Cam on tying Nash.

Thoughts are with Foligno and his family.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
We finally won 3 in a row this year, and comfortably beat Canes, Pens lost and my baby had a goal and assist in Cle. Nice Saturday all around.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
The Jackets lead the Metro.

The Isles lost Tavares, and they're second.

The Rangers are rebuilding, and they're third.

The Penguins are in last place.

Clearly, God is trolling us. Because this is just freakin' weird.

Love love love love love love love

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The Jackets lead the Metro.

The Isles lost Tavares, and they're second.

The Rangers are rebuilding, and they're third.

The Penguins are in last place.

Clearly, God is trolling us. Because this is just freakin' weird.
I don't think it is weird that the Jackets are in 1st at this point - New Jersey was last season iirc. The Jackets meanwhile were figuring to be up there this year as a competitive team.

But clearly the Golden Knights have broken the league. Bad teams are good and good teams are bad.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I would just hold off on that for a bit. It's a long season.
I am comfortable counting Jack Johnson out. Maybe he has a surge but that would be a mild surprise.

I am not comfortable counting the Pens out. It would be surprising if they don't surge.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I don't think it is weird that the Jackets are in 1st at this point - New Jersey was last season iirc. The Jackets meanwhile were figuring to be up there this year as a competitive team.

But clearly the Golden Knights have broken the league. Bad teams are good and good teams are bad.

Vegas is doing exactly what I expected them to do this season. The hype of being the new guys in the league with the chips on their shoulder is gone. They are just another team now. Karlsson being at 4 goals is about where I expected him. I predicted he ends up somewhere between 20-25 goals on the year.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I am comfortable counting Jack Johnson out. Maybe he has a surge but that would be a mild surprise.

I am not comfortable counting the Pens out. It would be surprising if they don't surge.

I'm convinced that the Penguins will turn it around. Too much talent on the team as a whole and they eventually figure out the goaltending situation by benching Murray. Washington did the same thing last year when Holtby struggled and had Grubauer to fall back on. That being said, we know how well JJ plays defense.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I totally agree on these 2 opinions. Pens will climb back in the race, and Cam could play top 6 for any one. Oh.. and Thursday is Thanksgiving and the Jackets top the Metro

LoveCBJ

Jan 17, 2009
South Carolina
Was at the game last night and there were quite a few Jacket fans. One observation that I had from the game was that the Jackets were really aggressive pursuing pucks. They went after them with speed. The crowd was not happy with Darling and after the game at a nearby bar, several Hurricane fans told us we have a good team.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If there is anyone on this board who still does not agree that Cam can play on any team's top six, please identify yourself at this time.

I don't know, Frank Vatrano is a little better than Cam I think, and he's Florida's last second line winger, so Cam is a third liner at best there.

:sarcasm:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Was at the game last night and there were quite a few Jacket fans. One observation that I had from the game was that the Jackets were really aggressive pursuing pucks. They went after them with speed. The crowd was not happy with Darling and after the game at a nearby bar, several Hurricane fans told us we have a good team.

I think the style is becoming ingrained in the team at this point. I saw a lot of guys clearing/cleaning their noses during the game, and yet they still had the Canes on their heels. Weird.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If there is anyone on this board who still does not agree that Cam can play on any team's top six, please identify yourself at this time.

Who cares? Are we just going to be a bunch of people that feel better rubbing people's noses in stuff? I enjoyed the game, I actually watched two periods, the most I've watched this season.

Good game by the Jackets. One of the better I've watched in a while.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Who cares? Are we just going to be a bunch of people that feel better rubbing people's noses in stuff? I enjoyed the game, I actually watched two periods, the most I've watched this season.

Good game by the Jackets. One of the better I've watched in a while.

It still feels like the undercurrent here is that the Jackets are a trash, unskilled, offensively inept team. I'd like to help break that narrative, I don't care to rub anyone's nose in the teams success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad