GDT: Game 20: Vegas Copper Squires @ Arizona Sticky Buddies | 11/21/18 7:00 p.m. MST | FS-A Plus

Marc-Andre Fleury wears...

• Total voters

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
First of all:

****ing **** ****er ****ing **** **** **** **** **** ****ty ****ing ****.

2nd of all:

That wasn't the worst game we've had, and there's no need for doom and gloom at this point. Clearly we need more offense. That's obviously a given...but it was at least better than it was in past games. If we can just stop playing, or at least replace Panik and Cousins on the 1st and 2nd ****ing lines, this could go somewhere. If Keller scores on that play and OEL isn't a -3, this game could be a hell of a lot different. Sometimes that's just puck luck.

Strome got slightly more time in the 3rd this game...I really, really, really, really hope that means more ice time in general. Please lord all I ask is that you stop playing Perlini 15min a night and stop giving Cousins and Panik that ice time too. Please. PLEASE.

How can Tocchet not at least try Hinostroza higher up? He has some talent and perhaps he could help get others going

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
and Hinostroza hustles his ass off, so there shouldn't be any reason why they wouldn't put him out there on the 3on3 instead of Panik.

Yeah, if they try to showcase Panik for a trade, I think they should just get him traded now.

Honestly, I was afraid he had ruined the 2 - 2 goal there for a second.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Exactly. Why in the hell was Panik on the ice at all in OT? Why? Grabs or Vinny both have way more speed and they’re just sitting on the bench. Panik and Perlini have to be the two most frustrating players on this team right now. Make a trade and shake up the top 6 on offense and this team could actually do some really good things. Just too much lackluster play from too many guys up front.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
1 point behind Vegas, 3 games in hand.
1 point behind Ducks, 2 games in hand.
(Tied with Blackhawks, 2 games in hand - edit- for a possible wild-card position of course.)
1 point behind Oilers, 1 game in hand.
2 points behind Canucks, 3 games in hand...

Situation is not at all that bad when you factor in Yotes has played fewer games than the most.

This will shortly be

3 points behind Ducks, 3 games in hand.
2 points behind Canucks, 4 games in hand...

This can absolutely be dealt with. To say Yotes are out of this now, is IMHO just wrong.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Time to scratch Perlini.

Honestly thought this was Stromes best game. Nothing flashy but looked like a capable NHL player tonight. He needs to improve that shot release though. I got a sense that he couldn’t get any shots because he didn’t have the space to wind it up.

Kuemper was solid.

Vegas outworked us and out muscled us. We should’ve went down even more but Kuemper bailed them out.

I’d like to see us roll out

Keller - Stephan - Galchenyuk for a few shifts. Just to see what happens. Just get Keller and Galchenyuk back together. I’d rather have one line scoring than 0.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Hate to say it, but Chychrun was terrible tonight. Caught with his pants down twice on the patches goal and his stick handling just looks so sloppy. I figure time will cure all but we need more out of lots of guys now. Great play by Goligoski to loose the puck while protected behind our own net and then take a penalty. Our forwards have been bad, but when our defensive starts getting soft like OEL, we are in for some hurtin. Can't figure out why OEL can't just play 60 mins balls out intense and cut out the soft, cutesy passes that end up in odd man breaks or goals.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I didn’t think Panik played bad

Panik barely was seen at all and very nearly gave a few goals away. He was a -1 with zero shots on goal, getting 20min and 2.5 mins of PP time. He was on the ice more than any coyote not named OEL, Goose, or Stepan. He's currently 9th on the team in points. He's currently 4th on our team in TOI for forwards.

Maybe for Panik he didn't play badly. But for someone getting roughly 1st line minutes, he should be doing a hell of a lot more than what he did.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Panik barely was seen at all and very nearly gave a few goals away. He was a -1 with zero shots on goal, getting 20min and 2.5 mins of PP time. He was on the ice more than any coyote not named OEL, Goose, or Stepan. He's currently 9th on the team in points. He's currently 4th on our team in TOI for forwards.

Maybe for Panik he didn't play badly. But for someone getting roughly 1st line minutes, he should be doing a hell of a lot more than what he did.

Every one of our players should do more honestly. He wasn’t the worst player on the ice. Hell, he wasn’t even the worst forward tonight.

I’m not upset with his ice time. He could’ve done better but, so could’ve many others.

We are trying to cram a square peg into a round hole, just trying to find offense of any sort.

Panik isn’t the problem, our lack of offensive players is.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
This team isn't ready yet, we are ~80 point team.

If we somehow manage to win lottery this year and if Hayton is ready next year, then we might be able to make it to playoffs

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
This will shortly be

3 points behind Ducks, 3 games in hand.
2 points behind Canucks, 4 games in hand...

This can absolutely be dealt with. To say Yotes are out of this now, is IMHO just wrong.
Absolutly right.
We have a goal +-0 so 1 win (when the others lose) and we are 4 in the division.
The division is on fire, so we still have a shot at the playoffs.
Never say never.
We just need to be more conistent. And score a bit more.

we are in a slump, but to say that we will not achieve anything this year?
I would never say that. My favourite football team (Stuttgart) is last in the Bundesliga, but i am not someone who cries out and says that we will not make it.
same thing goes for the yotes, we have an even better foundation for the palyoffs, so yeah i am still in high hopes for the team.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Every one of our players should do more honestly. He wasn’t the worst player on the ice. Hell, he wasn’t even the worst forward tonight.

I’m not upset with his ice time. He could’ve done better but, so could’ve many others.

We are trying to cram a square peg into a round hole, just trying to find offense of any sort.

Panik isn’t the problem, our lack of offensive players is.

How are others supposed to do better when Panik, Cousins, Perlini, etc are getting premium ice time despite not producing? In that game our best forwards were Gally, Keller, Stepan, Strome, and Hino, to a lesser degree Grabner and Richardson. Only one of those players got more ice time than Panik. Only 2 were relatively close in minutes, and both of those lit up the scoresheet. If we were actually trying to get offense from other places, and it wasn't working, sure I'd agree with you. But I really can't say we are when those who play well in a game aren't getting better minutes and those who don't are. It wasn't just this game either, considering Panik hasn't had a very good game all season (although he is somewhat producing, not well) but is 4th in our forwards TOI, while being 10th in scoring.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Yeah, if they try to showcase Panik for a trade, I think they should just get him traded now.

Honestly, I was afraid he had ruined the 2 - 2 goal there for a second.

I thought Panik played poorly tonight and showed very little effort. The epitome of it was when he received a puck on a zone clearance, just into the neutral zone. He had space to skate forwards, and did so, but slowly. With about a ratio of 2 to 1 in available space to gain the red line and presumably dump it in (he was at the end of a long shift so was presumably tired, so you could build a defense for him there), he skated forwards with the puck at about D beer league speed, and got stripped of the puck a few feet short of the red line.

Maybe it's a bad example but it sticks out right now to me at 4:41 a.m. when I'm about to go to bed.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad