GDT: Game 20: Vegas Copper Squires @ Arizona Sticky Buddies | 11/21/18 7:00 p.m. MST | FS-A Plus

Marc-Andre Fleury wears...

• Total voters

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
This team has been playing badly for a while now.... The worst thing in my opinion that can happen is to win while we play like that ... I.e bad habits , lazy play etc... Becuase eventually it bites you and it makes it that much harder to get out of.

I would rather go back where we out hustling the teams and out shooting them , at least it was entertaining.. Win or lose.

This was mediocre at best ... As were the last bunch of games.... Wether we won or lost ,

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'm not a fan of fighting, but the fact that the Coyotes are the only team without a fighting major is partly a result of us playing a very non-physical style. In other words, we aren't pissing off too many other teams by throwing big hits. If everyone had the skill of Patrick Kane this wouldn't be a big problem but for this team the lack of physicality is noticeable.

Reactions: CNYCrunchfan1

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
We need more skill, which is why I sort of cringe at Perlini for Ritchie, but it was embarrassing last night watching Vegas initiate all the contact. We responded (OEL blew up that one guy) but we never initiated. Crouse, for example, needs to be more nasty more often. Ritchie would have been nice, or another player like him, in that game. With Perlini, I'm just at the standpoint that is he even worth the bother if he's not scoring? He either brings goals or he brings nothing. And it's been nothing way too often this year.

I'm for scratching Perlini next. I'd like to give Bunting a quick look.

Panik Stepan Keller
Crouse Galchenyuk Hinostroza
Grabner Richardson Cousins
Bunting Strome Fischer

Reactions: MIG

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm not a fan of fighting, but the fact that the Coyotes are the only team without a fighting major is partly a result of us playing a very non-physical style. In other words, we aren't pissing off too many other teams by throwing big hits. If everyone had the skill of Patrick Kane this wouldn't be a big problem but for this team the lack of physicality is noticeable.

We could have witnessed 2 fights last night. Refs remained on top of things when it grew heated.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Expecting Chychrun to be anything but rusty for about 10 games is unrealistic.
Agree 100%, but WHY was he in during OT then and looked ABSOLUTELY LOST trying to get the puck up ice. I blame RT totally for using him in this situation...

Reactions: RemoAZ

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Enough of the 'Doom and Gloom.' What? Did most of you get amnesia and FORGET about last year at this time? WAY out of the playoffs and on life support as an organization.

This year- 4 points out of a WC spot while being tied with two other teams for the least amount of games played in the Western Conference, getting some players back, AND attendance is up, only 104 fans average per game behind OTTAWA, yes Ottawa. HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
We could have witnessed 2 fights last night. Refs remained on top of things when it grew heated.

OK, but would you not agree that this team is the least physical Coyote roster in recent memory? We seem to get pushed around a lot.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Team needs to figure the offensive scheme out. Clearly it's not working like it should. Not just in the numbers but also the process. They haven't been applying enough pressure to other teams. Early in the season process looked good but results weren't there. Now it's neither.
Not a fan of how TOI is being used either... Especially when neither results or process is working particularly well.

It's not doom and gloom territory. We have games in hand. However, those could easily turn into losses if the team isn't getting it together and then it's real doom and gloom time.

Lots of players are offensively slumping now..is it a system thing it luck? Guess we will see.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
To be honest, I didn't even know Perlini played tonight.

I can't recall a mention on the radio. If it was it was so irrelevant, it didn't register.

Power play. Unfortunately we're not due to score again on one for another six games.

I caught them game on the radio, on the first PP, I believe Heeter said the team was 2/22 on the month. If correct, they are now 3/25 for Nov.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I thought Panik played poorly tonight and showed very little effort. The epitome of it was when he received a puck on a zone clearance, just into the neutral zone. He had space to skate forwards, and did so, but slowly. With about a ratio of 2 to 1 in available space to gain the red line and presumably dump it in (he was at the end of a long shift so was presumably tired, so you could build a defense for him there), he skated forwards with the puck at about D beer league speed, and got stripped of the puck a few feet short of the red line.

Maybe it's a bad example but it sticks out right now to me at 4:41 a.m. when I'm about to go to bed.

I don't expect it, but in case other teams fans or GMs reads this thread and bases their opinions on it, I would say Panik is obviously worth a splendid player and a first. Ok, it was worth the try. ;).

Another thing is, I didn't think the Knights played very well. It was not at all like the game vs Boston were the Yotes really struggled. Should have won this. Anyways, on to Avs and Flames... Yeah. That's gonna be rough. Hoping the teams plays better there. :snide:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Strome for Sam Bennett
Panik for Lucic (33% retained)
Perlini for Nick Ritchie

From softest team in NHL to toughest in three trades!

Bennett-Galchenyuk-Keller
Ritchie-Stepan-Hinostroza
Lucic-Richardson-Grabner
Crouse-Cousins(?)-Fischer

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Strome for Sam Bennett
Panik for Lucic (33% retained)
Perlini for Nick Ritchie

From softest team in NHL to toughest in three trades!

Bennett-Galchenyuk-Keller
Ritchie-Stepan-Hinostroza
Lucic-Richardson-Grabner
Crouse-Cousins(?)-Fischer

Glad that you kept my two favorite new coyotes, Grabs and Vinny.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Glad that you kept my two favorite new coyotes, Grabs and Vinny.

Vinny routinely looks like our best forward out there and helps sustain zone time by getting to loose pucks first more than anyone else. The kid needs more ice time, plain and simple.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'd ask for more from Edmonton to get them out of the Lucic deal.
They’re not “getting out of” it. They’re retaining 1/3rd. They’ve already paid his signing bonus (50% of his total earnings this year) and 20% of his remaining salary due to games played. This leaves roughly 2.60 this season before the retention. After retention, there’s about 1.8 remaining this year. Next year it would be 4m. Then 2.7m. Then 3.3m. Finally 2.7m. So that’s 14.5ish total we’d have to pay him. Over five seasons including this one. That’s an average of 2.9m per season. Hell, we owe Panik 2.8 this year.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I don't expect it, but in case other teams fans or GMs reads this thread and bases their opinions on it, I would say Panik is obviously worth a splendid player and a first. Ok, it was worth the try. ;).

Another thing is, I didn't think the Knights played very well. It was not at all like the game vs Boston were the Yotes really struggled. Should have won this. Anyways, on to Avs and Flames... Yeah. That's gonna be rough. Hoping the teams plays better there. :snide:

Hopefully we can light up Mike Smith like we lit up Louis Domingue.

Reactions: Lilhoody and Mosby

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
They’re not “getting out of” it. They’re retaining 1/3rd. They’ve already paid his signing bonus (50% of his total earnings this year) and 20% of his remaining salary due to games played. This leaves roughly 2.60 this season before the retention. After retention, there’s about 1.8 remaining this year. Next year it would be 4m. Then 2.7m. Then 3.3m. Finally 2.7m. So that’s 14.5ish total we’d have to pay him. Over five seasons including this one. That’s an average of 2.9m per season. Hell, we owe Panik 2.8 this year.

The payouts aren't bad but I have some concerns about the term. Are we willing to use up a Seattle expansion slot on Lucic? (He has a NMC). Does Edmonton have any other options except for a buyout if we don't do this deal? That's a very expensive move for them, and probably one that would cost Chiarelli his job.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
No interest in helping EDM with thr Lucic contract. If they were iutnof the division sure. But that's a playoff spot we are competing for if they have the cap space to upgrade their blueline after moving Lucic.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Enough of the 'Doom and Gloom.' What? Did most of you get amnesia and FORGET about last year at this time? WAY out of the playoffs and on life support as an organization.

This year- 4 points out of a WC spot while being tied with two other teams for the least amount of games played in the Western Conference, getting some players back, AND attendance is up, only 104 fans average per game behind OTTAWA, yes Ottawa. HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!
I totally agree. We are in the playoff hunt after 20 games, good to see. Raanta has been out half the season, we need him if we want a chance at playoffs, when he comes back, we’ll be better. The offense will struggle all year, get used to it, and it could get even worse. Team systems will tighten up even more. Out PP needs to be better but our team D needs to be even better. This season isn’t a disaster and we aren’t way under expectations so far. We aren’t way above either, we are about where we should be right now. The pickup, if it comes will be from young players as they mature through the season. We have to be patient, there isn’t a trade, line change or magic fix.

rt

May 13, 2004
No interest in helping EDM with thr Lucic contract. If they were iutnof the division sure. But that's a playoff spot we are competing for if they have the cap space to upgrade their blueline after moving Lucic.
I just like what the player could add to our lineup but need to price to work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad