GDT: Game 20: Sharks vs. Canadiens 12:30pm NBCSCA

Jul 10, 2010
this is a game i thought we shoulda got 2. If were gonna lose, lose in reg.

WTF was that Zetterland slapper in a SO. See guys do that all the time, rarely ever works out. Either a quick snapper in close, or east/west to make the goalie move.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
All post game is fairly positive…

The Habs came into the game with the same record in their last 10 games as the Sharks…

This was a winnable game where they choked away a two goal lead.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
this is a game i thought we shoulda got 2. If were gonna lose, lose in reg.

WTF was that Zetterland slapper in a SO. See guys do that all the time, rarely ever works out. Either a quick snapper in close, or east/west to make the goalie move.
Montreal could very well be one of the teams competing for that bottom spot at the end of the year. Them getting one more point that us tonight is definitely a good thing.

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
Your second leading scorer for the 2023-2024 Sharks, William Eklund!*

*with 8 points in 20 games :laugh:

Hoping this sparks more tangible production from him. He has played well, but his play hasn't lead to too many goals before today. Still think he can get to the 45-50 pt mark this season which would be great.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Hoping this sparks more tangible production from him. He has played well, but his play hasn't lead to too many goals before today. Still think he can get to the 45-50 pt mark this season which would be great.
He should have more points. I remember a few scoring plays that he was in on where the puck went wide on an empty net or they got goalied. Not too mention the no goal from last game

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
He should have more points. I remember a few scoring plays that he was in on where the puck went wide on an empty net or they got goalied. Not too mention the no goal from last game
Think about all the points he would have had if didn’t have to rely on Kunin to take advantage of the plays he set up during the first 10-11 games of the season.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Think about all the points he would have had if didn’t have to rely on Kunin to take advantage of the plays he set up during the first 10-11 games of the season.
Haha there was a play in the third this fame where somehow Kunin got out on the ice there with the top line. Hertl and Eklund working hard to get control of the puck along the boards, the puck squirts to Kunin and he flails at the puck and the Montreal player he was on grabbed the puck and started the breakout. I specifically remember that play and i've finally begun to sour on Kunin. He just has low IQ and is so bad with his stick.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Haha there was a play in the third this fame where somehow Kunin got out on the ice there with the top line. Hertl and Eklund working hard to get control of the puck along the boards, the puck squirts to Kunin and he flails at the puck and the Montreal player he was on grabbed the puck and started the breakout. I specifically remember that play and i've finally begun to sour on Kunin. He just has low IQ and is so bad with his stick.
Kunin's really just a 12th-13th forward miscast as a middle six guy. He has some utility but not enough skill to contribute offensively or defensively except in a pinch.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Putting the Hoff on that line and Zets on the second looked like a good move.

Yeah, actually, Hoffman has looked much better recently and that line is pretty complimentary. Hertl can hold on to pucks and Eklund can dish to a guy who can actually score. It also takes a lot of pressure off of Hoffman and let’s him just be a trigger man.

I think, if anything, it’s a good way to pump up Hoffman’s value.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Agreed. I also think Duc/Zet/Granlund can be a pretty solid, physical second line if Anthony can get going.
Hopefully... I feel like that line is just missing something chemistry-wise. Each of those guys kind of tries to drive play... maybe too hard. Hertl is a good complementary player for Zetts or Duc or Eklund (credit to Hertl), but Duc/Zet/Granlund are all out there trying to make it happen themselves and gripping sticks a bit too hard. Maybe they could gel, but as they are playing now, feels off.

In general, I'm just not sure who you play Granlund with. He just seems to be forcing so much that it's hard to see who he works well with.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Hopefully... I feel like that line is just missing something chemistry-wise. Each of those guys kind of tries to drive play... maybe too hard. Hertl is a good complementary player for Zetts or Duc or Eklund (credit to Hertl), but Duc/Zet/Granlund are all out there trying to make it happen themselves and gripping sticks a bit too hard. Maybe they could gel, but as they are playing now, feels off.

In general, I'm just not sure who you play Granlund with. He just seems to be forcing so much that it's hard to see who he works well with.
I don’t necessarily see that with Zetts so much as a firecracker bowling ball guy who doesn’t take shifts off. The other two, however, are definitely playing like they know how important it is to be effective and the pressure is getting to them.

Reactions: coooldude

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I don’t necessarily see that with Zetts so much as a firecracker bowling ball guy who doesn’t take shifts off. The other two, however, are definitely playing like they know how important it is to be effective and the pressure is getting to them.
Sounds right. It's painfully obvious that Duke and Granlund are frustrated and trying too hard... it sounds like this is a chronic state for Granlund though, hopefully Duke scores one or two and loosens up a bit.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
SNOG announcement

Great news: we didn't extend our season-long SNOGless streak.

Congrats to @hockeyCEO and @timorous me, who both tied at 0 goalscorers, for their respective first career SNOGs AFAIK!

View attachment 772855

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 12 vs Golden KnightsNewMuzu24, weastern biasVGK 4-1
2Oct. 14 vs AvalanchenoneAvs 2-1 SO
3Oct. 17 vs HurricanesTheBeardCanes 6-3
4Oct. 19 vs BruinsnoneBruins 3-1
5Oct. 21 at PredatorsnonePredators 5-1
6Oct. 24 at Panthersweastern biasPanthers 3-1
7Oct. 26 at LightningRed Light LoverLightning 6-0
8Oct. 27 at HurricanesPattyLafontaineCanes 3-0
9Oct. 29 at CapitalsnoneCapitals 3-1
10Nov. 2 vs CanucksnoneCanucks 10-1
11Nov. 4 vs PenguinsnonePenguins 10-2
12Nov. 7 vs FlyersRed Light LoverSharks 2-1
13Nov. 9 vs OilersnoneSharks 3-2
14Nov. 10 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-0
15Nov. 12 at DucksSkeksis25Ducks 4-1
16Nov. 14 vs PanthersnonePanthers 5-3
17Nov. 16 vs BluesnoneSharks 5-1
18Nov. 20 at CanucksnoneCanucks 3-1
19Nov. 22 at KrakennoneKraken 7-1
20Nov. 24 vs CanadienshockeyCEO, timorous meCanadiens 3-2 SO

Rank
2023-24 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
T-1.Red Light Lover, weastern bias2
T-3.hockeyCEO, NewMuzu24, PattyLafontaine, Skeksis25, TheBeard, timorous me1
Every drunk turkey catches a snail once in a while!

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Sounds right. It's painfully obvious that Duke and Granlund are frustrated and trying too hard... it sounds like this is a chronic state for Granlund though, hopefully Duke scores one or two and loosens up a bit.
I think you just leave him as 2C until Logan comes back. He’ll either figure it out or he won’t but the options aren’t exactly optimal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad