GDT: Game #20| Feb. 23, 2013|Jets at Flyers |1:00 p.m. ET

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
B Schenn has been doing great but he hasn't been rewarded with the ice time. He finished with 13:09. Meanwhile G played 26 minutes and couturier played 18. I realize those two pk as well but come on. He been producing and yet he's only getting 13-15 minutes a game it seems.

On a similar mote, Gus played 19 minutes while getting no pk time. I think he's looked great

I'm so glad for Gus. People write him off because he isn't physical, but he's really starting to come into his own and the more he plays, you can see the comfort in his game and the more his confidence grows. He's becoming a very adept puck moving defenseman with good positioning on the defensive side. Loving it!!!!

As for Brayden Schenn, Laviolette needs to have his head examined. Talbot AND Rinaldo with more ice time than Schenn? Come on. Laviolette needs to be crap canned and the sooner the better.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I saw Briere only played about 8 mins, was he hurt in this game or just demoted to the 4th line? Thanks

He played as late as with about five minutes left in the game.

Sam C., on his twitter, mentioned a hit but said that he was guessing, too. Apparently, Briere was hit near the mouth, so that could be a reason.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
They are the high scoring team again that we know from last year, the PP is coming along, and Hartnell is back which are all positives right now.
On the other hand, they are back at playing Lavi's make or break offensive system. For now I take it...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Excellent comeback win, even after another terrible start.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't know what's more annoying...the terrible starts under Lavi, or the perpetual 3rd period collapses under Stevens. Probably the 3rd period collapses.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm so glad for Gus. People write him off because he isn't physical, but he's really starting to come into his own and the more he plays, you can see the comfort in his game and the more his confidence grows. He's becoming a very adept puck moving defenseman with good positioning on the defensive side. Loving it!!!!

As for Brayden Schenn, Laviolette needs to have his head examined. Talbot AND Rinaldo with more ice time than Schenn? Come on. Laviolette needs to be crap canned and the sooner the better.

Lavi's ice time management and other brain fart decisions are still an annoyance....I think in the offseason the Flyers need to part ways with him. Too many recurring trends. This season he has made some adjustments but he does share blame in the .500 hockey thus far.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I don't know what's more annoying...the terrible starts under Lavi, or the perpetual 3rd period collapses under Stevens. Probably the 3rd period collapses.

I'd say with Stevens as well. Winning the race only to have your driver fall asleep or stupidly hits a wall right near the checkered flag is such a heart stopper.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

3rd period collapses are more soul-crushing

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
2 more pp's and thy claim worst ever, Good god ! Lmao

**** you Benny! (Just kidding mods, he's a friend of mine).

Good game today guys , both teams played hard. Our special teams killed us but have to give credit to the Flyers, you were down for most of the game but the hit parade kept coming and along with it, the momentum.

The good thing about losing afternoon games with the lead in the 3rd period is that you get to have your whole day ruined instead of just a few hours in the evening.

Cheers.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
B Schenn has been doing great but he hasn't been rewarded with the ice time. He finished with 13:09. Meanwhile G played 26 minutes and couturier played 18. I realize those two pk as well but come on. He been producing and yet he's only getting 13-15 minutes a game it seems.

I didnt see the game but that little amount of ice time sounds ridiculous to me.

WeekendAtBernies

Jun 27, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Agreed, and he's not even good at his job. there are several better writers and reporters working at CSN covering the flyers

Did anyone else notice all the Timmy P tweets about Matt Read's injury? He tried to make it sound like he had inside sources with the Flyers, tweeting that "the feeling around the room" was that it's a concussion. Then the next day, it turns out he has torn rib muscles.

I lol'ed hard when I learned how wrong Timmy was. Not one person seemed to take him to task for his blatantly wrong information though...

He backpedaled the next day, but come on. :laugh: I'm sure the guys in the room saw what he was clutching at in the locker room. It would be kind of obvious that if he's grabbing his chest, he's not having head issues.

I have a big problem with (and zero respect for)hack "journalists" (I'm using that term very generously) like Timmy P who attempt to make their speculation credible by adding fake sources like "guys in the room". If you want to speculate about Read's injury, that's fine I guess, but don't make it sound like you've got some inside info when you're clearly clueless.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
I really don't understand how Tim is the inside guy for the flyers, when you have excellent writers like Bill Meltzer available.

Tim reminds me of the kid that thinks he is hanging out with the cool crowd.. but isn't, in fact the cool kids can't stand him but he doesn't seem to realize.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Wait a minute... I had no idea we played that early :laugh: Good to see a win! And Voras with 3 more assists, wow

toughfighter83*

i dont like the way this team is playing, you can say great things about jake, schenn, whatever, but coming out flat against bad teams like that, it's not going to go well when they come out against really good teams, comebacks against bad teams are not good

you cant say a win is a win because there's no excuse to come out flat like that especially against the jets, panthers, it just means everything is ok, they can play like that against any team and they will beat them, that's just not good hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad