GDT: Game 20: Ducks @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ - D2 The Not So Mighty Ducks

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Lol @ Gnarland. Grimes buddy, that's phenomenal.

He, OEL, Chych and Schmaltz were all buzzing tonight. Others players that stood out to me positively were Kessel and Potluck. Also, I want to see more of this brand of Bush. Idk who shit in his Russian knock off corn flakes this morning but he played pissed off and I love it.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
He's quietly rehabbing his value. May be another opportunity to trade him in the summer.

Or just keep him. I'm really torn here. Hoglander looks damn good but he wasn't included in the package if I remember correctly. But a Virtanen + Hogs + Sutter and 2nd looks pretty fair now. I think I'd be fine with a 1st and a B to A- defensive prospect. So Bruins 1st + Carlo, where I wasn't as excited about this last offseason. Just don't think he gets either package in summer 2021.

I think his contract will hurt in a couple years and I think this is officially Chychrun's blueline now. How much do we overpay to get a defenseman at OEL's caliber at UFA though? I think I would rather keep OEL than pay someone like Hampus Lindholm 6-7m for 6-7yr in free agency summer 2022.

Reactions: sundance74

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Good to have the 25 and under crew producing. And dang, that’s a lot of Americans leading the team in points. I’m claiming Chychrun as American, btw. That Canadian thing is a total farce and he knows it.

Would love to see an Athletic article highlighting something like the young American core in the Southwest but noooooo.

Crazy that we are 9-10. It feels like a much better season than that. That’s what high effort level does, I guess. The wins and the losses are lot more satisfying. Glad Chayka quit and BA came in and made whatever changes have caused this identity shift.

Would be even better if we had our 1st and were playing with house money but nooooooo

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
As frustrating as tonight was one thing is for sure.

If last year’s team was faced with these late game deficits (opening night, game 4 against St. Louis, games this week) they would’ve lost each game in regulation without a doubt.

This team is a frustrating as hell rollercoaster that feels on the verge of going off the rails in spectacular fashion each night, but damn do they have some fight in them night after night. That’s the BA/Varady/Stillman effect.

Reactions: RemoAZ

More Cooley

We walk together forever
Jul 2, 2015
Lol reading through this thread is awesome right now. I loved that Hill save sequence in the OT and Dvo's backhand penalty shot. Another 2 filthy points in the bag

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Watching the replay now.... Kuemper didn't look right at all in the third right up until Hill came in. He was laboring to get up every time he went down.

FUN FACT: Hill's last game with the Yotes was 371 days prior to tonight.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Watching the replay now.... Kuemper didn't look right at all in the third right up until Hill came in. He was laboring to get up every time he went down.

Yep. He tweaked something. After his last save he skated out of the crease hunched over. Something was bothering him.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
I thought the first period was fine, just needed to score on one of those two big chances. Understandable if the team felt flat at the interval, but you would expect for the guys to come back out firing.

Instead we had a total black hole of a second period.

We will find out about the Kuemper 'injury or not' situation soon enough but to start Hill at the third period would have been what about 99% of the head coaches in the league would do. The whole "I made the decision to pull him to spark the team" sounds quite like one of Michael Scott's pieces to camera at this stage, but maybe Tocchet knows something we don't ha!

Anyway our big players stepped up when it mattered again, well done, and Lady Luck looked at us and opted to give us a little hand in that multi deflected second goal.

I am a sucker for goals like the third one, from one side of the rink to the other side of the net. Beautiful.

Very happy for Hill, very happy for the players in general as they did not give up again.

OEL and Kessel played very well, I thought.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Lol @ Gnarland. Grimes buddy, that's phenomenal.

He, OEL, Chych and Schmaltz were all buzzing tonight. Others players that stood out to me positively were Kessel and Potluck. Also, I want to see more of this brand of Bush. Idk who shit in his Russian knock off corn flakes this morning but he played pissed off and I love it.
I love watching Bush. He is turning into a pretty good D.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
When your GDT record hits 4-0

9s24a.jpg

We need to start riding you like Kuemper, until you're injured.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
expecting to see a tweet stating that Darcy is day-to day with an LBI. Still a fun game to watch. I was thinking there was no way we were going to be able to come back down 3-0 for two straight games, so I started working on our car but had the game on NHL.tv app playing the noise.

After the 2nd goal with under 10 left I had to come back in, glad I did. That Garland pass was Philthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad