GDT: Game 20: Ducks @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ - D2 The Not So Mighty Ducks

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Lazy GDT.

The real Game #19. I think.

Could see this being a chippy one after last game.

Keep chirping Gibson because it seems to rattle him.

Hope Hill starts.
I'm a bit worried about Kuemper getting over worked, and I wanted Hill to start this game, but man we need the points. Maybe start Hill in our back to back against Colorado where our chances of winning even with Kuemper are slim.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm a bit worried about Kuemper getting over worked, and I wanted Hill to start this game, but man we need the points. Maybe start Hill in our back to back against Colorado where our chances of winning even with Kuemper are slim.

Kuemper doesn't look like the Kuemper that is dominant. He looks lost and confused far too often. Might benefit just to give him a break, see what Hill can do?

Hopefully people start picking it up physically and stop being the runt of the NHL(litter). Not sure how many more games teams can just take liberty at Garland before he just goes to Tocc and asks to be healthy scratched because nobody sticks up for him.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
We gotta keep getting 2 points. Kings look like they're better than expected and they're getting quality netminding from both Quick & Cal

Kings are sadly (for the civilized world) much better than people expected, but at least most are catching up now, making this incoming loss less embarrassing than it would be if everbody pegged the Kings as useless. It will still be annoying and embarrassing, though.

Sure hope the team steps up, and stops the shenanigans. Or the reffs. Preferably both.

Ninja edit: Hill is an excellent choice. The way Kuemper has looked lately, I was hoping for Hill.

Edit 2: About this game, the Ducks. Yeah, just win.

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Kings are sadly (for the civilized world) much better than people expected, but at least most are catching up now, making this incoming loss less embarrassing than it would be if everbody pegged the Kings as useless. It will still be annoying and embarrassing, though.

Recency bias in sports is always a thing. When a team has Kopitar and Doughty all it takes is for some other guys to click to be able to win games. That's why keeping top end talent is so important. Look at what Kane is doing with Chicago right now. Would any one be surprised if San Jose managed to get decent goaltending and EK is able to play at even 80% that they could string some wins together? I imagine the Kings will begin falling down the standings as more players get figured out and injuries/wear and tear to the vets happens. I've brought it up before, but players have ebbs and flows in their careers just like we do. The top players in the league may have some bad seasons, but usually can have bounce back seasons or outliers later in their career (both bad and good) and I think we are seeing that with the Kings right now. I thought Doughty looked in top form. Vilardi is bringing them some life, Quick is looking more like the 2012 version than the 2018 and Brown was an absolute pain again. Was pretty impressed watching them, especially the second game.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Expecting a low scoring, blood bath out there tonight. Hoping to see Crouse, Hayden, Pitlick, Caggiula, etc. get in on the action.

3-1 Yotes
Garland, Crouse, Dvorak (empty netter)

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I am just hoping that we don't see another period like the first period from last game.

I would LIKE to see a hard fought, chippy game with good scoring. I'd LOVE to see the team actually stand up for Garland if they try to get at him again.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Sure hope the team steps up, and stops the shenanigans. Or the reffs. Preferably both.

Ninja edit: Hill is an excellent choice. The way Kuemper has looked lately, I was hoping for Hill.
Hill could be a hell of a lot worse.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Adin could be our ace in the hole and we don’t even know it. Kid showed flashes of brilliance at times. I understand you are trying to maintain momentum by riding your number one goalie, but I feel you take that chance against Anaheim.

Completely agree. And you want to see what you have in Hill in case someone makes an offer we can't refuse for Darcy. This is beyond dumb to me. I have always wondered how much of these decisions are made by the starting goalie though.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Completely agree. And you want to see what you have in Hill in case someone makes an offer we can't refuse for Darcy. This is beyond dumb to me. I have always wondered how much of these decisions are made by the starting goalie though.

Interesting thought. Tocchet does seem like the coach that would approach his goaltender and ask him if he is okay to go rather than tell him he’s going, and Darcy seems to have the “yes man” personality. Kuemper just seems to be a team oriented guy. Even after losses, he doesn’t seem to blame the team. Smitty was awful at that, and Raanta has been known to get fired up at his teammates (which I’m okay with, not what Mike Smith did.)

So if this is the case, I can hardly imagine Darcy ever saying no. With that being said, it’s still a poor coaching move on Rick’s part either way. Even if your goalie is telling you he wants to play, do what’s best for his health and the development of other teammates.

Reactions: Grimes

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I think the producers should tone down the fake cheering after a goal just a little bit. I like it, and I know you don't get the same sound from 1500 people as from a full house. But it is just a tad to obvious.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
S6NciXF.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad