Post-Game Talk: Game #20: Ducks 3, Canucks 1 - Petition to move into Metropolitan division

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I don't mind people having different opinions. It's when someone tries to pass off their reasons for pessimism as fact without it actually being based in reality that it gets annoying.

More so when they get on their soapbox and repeat it over and over.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I agree this road trip should NOT be indication if we can complete with top tier teams....how many top team have entire line injured?

If anything this road trip proved we can compete. On form we matched up well despite being them have home ice advantage. Ignoring the scores we were

+/= marginally better than Phx
+++ dominated SJ
-- worse than LA
= even with Anaheim

Is there room for improvement - absolutely. Areas Gillis will want to look at improving in trades if he can - absolutely. Need to panic - no.

Tanevian*

If anything this road trip proved we can compete. On form we matched up well despite being them have home ice advantage. Ignoring the scores we were

+/= marginally better than Phx
+++ dominated SJ
-- worse than LA
= even with Anaheim

Is there room for improvement - absolutely. Areas Gillis will want to look at improving in trades if he can - absolutely. Need to panic - no.

Apparently we will need to compete all season on the road as well. We are totally doomed.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
They're on par with each other in the first two, I think. As an actual shooter though Kes is better.

Kes has a good shot, his problem is that he's not smart about when he uses it. He gets into modes where he is constantly forcing it. If he was as smart as, say, Cammalieri at getting into soft spots where he can unload he would be producing even more.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Not a big fan of the fact that we've played 3 more games than LA and they're 2 points behind us.

:facepalm:

LA has also had one of the softest schedules in the league. 10 of 17 at home and only 6 of their 17 games have come against teams in the top half of the league in points %.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Kes has a good shot, his problem is that he's not smart about when he uses it. He gets into modes where he is constantly forcing it. If he was as smart as, say, Cammalieri at getting into soft spots where he can unload he would be producing even more.

Yeah, which is why it may not even matter that Burr's shot isn't as good because he finds those holes better than anyone else we have with the Twins.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

I guess that's why these elite goal scorers are so easy to acquire. I mean, booth and 2nd rd pick should get it done. What say you, Calgary?

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
LA has also had one of the softest schedules in the league. 10 of 17 at home and only 6 of their 17 games have come against teams in the top half of the league in points %.

Still with the new playoff format (top 3 in each division then next best 2 teams) the Canucks can't fall too far behind the pack here.

Sure they have 24 points in 20 games but LA is only behind by 2 points with 3 games in hand.

On the other side Minny has the 8th spot with the same 24 points but 2 games in hand.

With 3 point games so common in the NHL today, the Canucks need to focus on every game to stay in the race.

They ahve had a good start but a playoff spot isn't a lock here.

My biggest worries are 3 fold

1) Lack of progress being made by Kassian but he is still quite young so it's too early

2) Burows production, sure some of that is probably due to a lack of timing after the injury but what if he is sliding?

3) Edler not being that true #1 Dman that we expect from him and he isn't getting any younger either. That being said the 6 Dmen have been quite good as a group but is there enough depth if we get an injury or 2 on the back end?

My guess is that it's going to be a long season with us in a playoff hunt to be sure but any lack of focus or a bad run could prove quite costly IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->