GDT: Game 20 - CBJ vs MTL - 19 Nov, 7pm, @Nat

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sometimes I think a Walrus might have a better save percentage than Korp
Prolly would cost less too just a few pounds of fish
Korpi has actually been doing pretty well of late, so I doubt it. Especially since all that would do is turn our goaltending into a Shooter Tutor exercise.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Not so much....as mentioned earlier, how is Korpisalo supposed to stop a screened, tipped shot?!?

So he hugs the post, but the puck gets deflected to the far post...now he's not in proper position....see how easy it is to fault him for every goal?

It’s the goalie’s job to stop the puck
Quit making excuses
Just stop the puck

It's the forwards job to put the puck in the net
Just put the puck in the net

It's the D's job to defend
Just prevent the other team from scoring

Everyone has a job.... doesn't always work out. Hockey is imperfect.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I keep waiting for Domi and Anderson or Domi and Savard to get into it again.
Good sign he's (Domi) is pulling an Atkinson this game.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He was there is still space . Do you think we have a walrus in net . He’s playing shot low, because the shot was on the ground , it got directed straight up, last time I checked, most goalies when down don’t cover 100% of the net up high

Easy solution, since the puck is going low on his blocker side from the point on a weaker shot, it can literally only beat you on the blocker side high or low. Thus, you slide over with your whole body and get hit in the chest. He didn’t account for the tip at all, and got beat. Yes, Jones should have the stick tied up for an easy blocker save, but that’s an easy save.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I must say Foligno has performed better than Seth or Cam this season is far.

If someone said that before the season...

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
So he hugs the post, but the puck gets deflected to the far post...now he's not in proper position....see how easy it is to fault him for every goal?

The puck can literally only go from a deflection from that spot on the blocker side high or low, or five hole. It’s an easy save, I’m sorry.

nobody blamed him (or should) for the first goal.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Jones is usually so methodical and steady, seems off tonight.
He'll be back to his usual self next game I'm sure, nobody can play at his level every night.

Mar 1, 2002
1)The defense has been shambolic.

2)I thought Bemstrom would come over and score but struggle with the rest of the game. Seems like he's a pretty good player......really impressed recently.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio

A good goalie can cover a multitude of sins

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Easy solution, since the puck is going low on his blocker side from the point on a weaker shot, it can literally only beat you on the blocker side high or low. Thus, you slide over with your whole body and get hit in the chest. He didn’t account for the tip at all, and got beat. Yes, Jones should have the stick tied up for an easy blocker save, but that’s an easy save.
So your saying he should overcommit on a shot from the wall that’s coming ground level. Korpi has his blocker laying flat to block the shot

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
1)The defense has been shambolic.

2)I thought Bemstrom would come over and score but struggle with the rest of the game. Seems like he's a pretty good player......really impressed recently.
He's probably a year away from a permanent top 6 role (IMO) but I put him ahead Texier, Milano and Bjorkstrand. So yeah, I'm impressed with him too.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The scoreboard just said that each team had six high danger scoring chances through two periods. I think Gallagher had six all on his own. That's the problem with advanced stats. There's so much to watch I have questions about how the data is measured in a lot of cases

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
So your saying he should overcommit on a shot from the wall that’s coming ground level. Korpi has his blocker laying flat to block the shot

Yes. Because there’s no other threat other than the tip. If he hugs the post, it hits him in the chest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->