GDT: Game 20: Canada Vs Czech Republic | 1PM EST 7PM CET | CAN 7 - 2 CZE

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Not a fan on the penalty for the challenge. Losing the timeout seems like enough. Penalty of you have no timeout left.

Reactions: NyQuil

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm not sure if Spoilers are allowed.. anyone noticed what's going on in the other game?

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
My wishlist before the game started was Velano, Cozens and Byfield all scoring. So far so good.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This is a brutal game. I feel bad for Czechs here. They’ve actually played decent.
We look just fine... it's the Parik injury that is upsetting. Before Thursday I need Dostal and Sir to get healthy. I'm assuming Sik is getting a game and won't be available.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Man, if I was a Czech fan, I’d be PISSED at Varada. Guy is a total idiot, why’d he challenge there? It wasn’t even close, just handing out goals to Canada.

Your profile picture matches your comment.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Canada is a pretty unimpressive team 5 on 5. They’re going to have to rely on their great PP if they want a medal imo

Reactions: Quality Oil

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Man, if I was a Czech fan, I’d be PISSED at Varada. Guy is a total idiot, why’d he challenge there? It wasn’t even close, just handing out goals to Canada.
Last year I wanted him fired. I'm happy with him and Elias this year.

I just think him and Patrik need to go for a beer and have a talk about coaches challenges. Something like 'don't f***en do it anymore, let me handle them Vaclav'.lol

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Byram with another turnover, and another. This is Jack Johnson all over again. Tremendous raw skill but no toolbox.

Leading the team in ice time so he must be doing something right. My main gripe with Byram has been a lack of creativity once he does a good job creating some separation. He's been fine defending in this game. Good gap control especially.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Canada is a pretty unimpressive team 5 on 5. They’re going to have to rely on their great PP if they want a medal imo
I think they're doing the Czechs a favour and just playing it out. They got their lead and are being quite kind IMO. I pity whoever gets them in the Quarter.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
I will get a panic attack if I see Varada pointing fingers towards the refs again. No challenges again, please :/

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leading the team in ice time so he must be doing something right. My main gripe with Byram has been a lack of creativity once he does a good job creating some separation. He's been fine defending in this game. Good gap control especially.
Hunter likes size and strength on the back end, Byram has size speed and grit in the corners. It is the same reason why coaches used Johnson for so long. To be truthful, I would be riding Addison, Smith, Drysdale and BD.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Does Canada score in the last 24 seconds or do they wait to start the 3rd with the 7th goal?lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad