GDT: Game 20: Blackhawks at Golden Knights 8pm Albuquerque time. (More effort edition)

What position should Cody Glass be playing?

• Total voters

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Those forward lines should send everybody into a state of a rather elevated excitement. Keyword sadly is should.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Do people in Albuquerque use the phrase, Albu-quirky on anything? They probably should, they could be the next "coolest city in America" according to the young'uns a la Seattle, Portland and Austin.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
As I watch us slowly sink toward the bottom of the Pacific (the division, not the ocean!), suggest we get this shit show turned around. Tonight would be a good time to begin. :thumbu:

And in an attempt to help the VGKs all I can, I shall be busting out my special, first season, commemorative blanket (even though it's still not quite cold enough for it) for this evening's tilt.

I am willing to sweat and sacrifice during tonight's game, wrapped in the blanket and watching from my :GWC:.

Go! :vegas Go!

Reactions: Vegan Knight

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Do people in Albuquerque use the phrase, Albu-quirky on anything? They probably should, they could be the next "coolest city in America" according to the young'uns a la Seattle, Portland and Austin.

Good lord no. If you have every been there you'd know better there is almost nothing cool about the place. Only thing interesting is the food. Otherwise its like a boring version of Reno.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Good lord no. If you have every been there you'd know better there is almost nothing cool about the place. Only thing interesting is the food. Otherwise its like a boring version of Reno.

Mostly true but also kind of not really. The bar district downtown is pretty nice. They have a decent uptown shopping district and Nob Hill is a unique place to have dinner/do light shopping. And they're opening these mega bars called "The Salt Yard" which are great places to hang out (like Parkway but better). The rest is pretty ass though.

The only thing I'd put Albuquerque over Vegas in other than gas prices is that there's a lot more places with an authentic feel versus PT's and a ton of restaurants that reek of development project veneer. Not that Vegas doesn't have authentic feeling joints, but depending on what part of town you're in a lot of places feel rushed and inauthentic.

But Vegas is the objectively better city.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I know girls on Tinder like opening their bio with "Just an Albu-quirky girl..." prompting me to swipe left.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Mostly true but also kind of not really. The bar district downtown is pretty nice. They have a decent uptown shopping district and Nob Hill is a unique place to have dinner/do light shopping. And they're opening these mega bars called "The Salt Yard" which are great places to hang out (like Parkway but better). The rest is pretty ass though.

The only thing I'd put Albuquerque over Vegas in other than gas prices is that there's a lot more places with an authentic feel versus PT's and a ton of restaurants that reek of development project veneer. Not that Vegas doesn't have authentic feeling joints, but depending on what part of town you're in a lot of places feel rushed and inauthentic.

But Vegas is the objectively better city.

The fact that women's basketball draws 20,000 spectators clues me in that there is a dearth of things to do there.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The fact that women's basketball draws 20,000 spectators clues me in that there is a dearth of things to do there.

Depends on how metropolitan you are I guess. There's a ton of local breweries and bars to go to and great hiking spots.

Part of it is yes, outside of that there's not much to do. But I also think this is a passionate sports community. It's not just women's basketball. My student housing is right by the stadium district and traffic is always terrible cause they pack the house for anything. College basketball, minor league baseball, minor league soccer (New Mexico United is especially popular here, almost a VGK like mania for a minor league team), baseball whatever sport you can think of they tailgate and pack the house.

Me as a beer and food lover I don't feel I'm shortchanged being here for grad school. But I do miss Vegas

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Tuch is back. I’ll be at the game too so that should help. We’re undefeated when I attend a game this season. We never won either, but we’re undefeated. So that should help.

Go :vegas Go!

I worry that Tuch will paper over a 0% line up to 60% and that will seem massive but well short of what it could be if they would do something with Eakin.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I worry that Tuch will paper over a 0% line up to 60% and that will seem massive but well short of what it could be if they would do something with Eakin.

The only thing they need to do with Eakin is try and contain Eakinmania from running wild tonight.

it can't be contained
:pickle::pickle::pickle:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad