Pre-Game Talk: Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeelsLike93

Feb 25, 2009
That's bulletin board material forsure. Love it.

Just gotta say though boys I was at the game tonight, Desharnais is extremely useless and awful as I'm sure all of you know and it doesn't need to be said but damn whenever he was out there I knew he'd turn it over or not do anything productive with it.

The Prust-Gally line needs to come up clutch tomorrow, really lacking confidence in our top 2 lines to generate anything offensively

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I'll chew off my entire face if he stands on his head like he did tonight tomorrow. ;)

You mean the way Anderson has been playing ALL season? That Anderson? Hope you know a good plastic surgeon.

After years of saying how they want to eliminate headshots from the NHL all it takes is one habs to get hit and we have to listen to Bob McKenzie now say that it's ok to do so? That headshots are allowed? ROFLMAO And they suspend white a first time offender 5 games and this ********* gryba is not going to get anything? Play me for a game and I'll show them retribution.

BJG

Jul 30, 2005
I've always disliked the Price wars on the boards, but I have to say, as a mental health professional, MT should play Budaj. CP is the more skilled of the two, but letting in that second tonight, along with a rash of softies of late, says one thing: "million dollar talent, nickel brain". We saw Budaj as cool as a cucumber in the shootout vs Boston. I don't want to see the highest paid player between the pipes, I want to see the guy who gives us the best chance to win. If you're letting pucks between your pads on wristers from the circle, during game one of the POs, you're head's somewhere else. Maybe he gets a sports psychologist in the off-season. In the meanwhile, I'd go with Buds.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Better yet, have Eller walk in and post it.

If that doesn't fire the team up, nothing will.

As good as I thought we played overall, our best chances came when Gallagher was giving Anderson a fit in front of the net. We need to keep doing that.

Agreed on both counts. If we were to look at the silver lining (and there is a tiny bit) Galchenyuk gets to play Centre, where he's more comfortable, at a time where he's both brimming with confidence and paired with Gallagher, our best forward right now. Add in either Pacioretty, Bourque, or Prust and he'll have good support. We can still win easily without Eller (we almost did) and while he's a HUGE loss, I think the motivation can be sparked by rallying around a fallen team mate. I'm not counting us out just yet.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Biggest positive from last game was our young kids were great.

Hit the reset, come out hard and don't let your foot off the gas this time. With Eller out that Desharnais line really has to step up.

17-14-21
67-51-73
8-27-11
32-24-53

Maybe see Patch with the kids. Liked them with Plekanec on the PP too.

Hopefully Dias will have a bounce-back game. Expect a very sharp Price.

Our advantage over the Sens is speed and depth, looking forward to seeing that. Looked like a dominant team during the 2nd.

habsfantoronto

Ducks GM
Oct 5, 2006
It was not Price's fault we lost tonight. What is wrong with all of you? I also thought Desharnais had some great shifts tonight. He battled hard. I expect both of them to have big games along with Galchenyuk and Prust tomorrow.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I've always disliked the Price wars on the boards, but I have to say, as a mental health professional, MT should play Budaj. CP is the more skilled of the two, but letting in that second tonight, along with a rash of softies of late, says one thing: "million dollar talent, nickel brain". We saw Budaj as cool as a cucumber in the shootout vs Boston. I don't want to see the highest paid player between the pipes, I want to see the guy who gives us the best chance to win. If you're letting pucks between your pads on wristers from the circle, during game one of the POs, you're head's somewhere else. Maybe he gets a sports psychologist in the off-season. In the meanwhile, I'd go with Buds.

Eller attributed a lot of his success to the sports psychologist he saw during the lockout. I'd give him a call.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
It was not Price's fault we lost tonight. What is wrong with all of you? I also thought Desharnais had some great shifts tonight. He battled hard. I expect both of them to have big games along with Galchenyuk and Prust tomorrow.

DD was poop but was better than Ryder. I'd be embarrassed if I were him. Patches was weak. Price and Diaz poop. Gorges looked worse than he was because of all the bad Diaz passes. Markov played too much but with Diaz crapping his pants what could they do.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
DD was poop but was better than Ryder. I'd be embarrassed if I were him. Patches was weak. Price and Diaz poop. Gorges looked worse than he was because of all the bad Diaz passes. Markov played too much but with Diaz crapping his pants what could they do.

Max was good actually. Just his outside angle shots didn't do much. Needs to cut through the middle for a better shot.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005

Budaj might play better for a game or two but only Price has the ability to take a team on his back to the cup. Show confidence in him and let him get his game together. He'll be better tomorrow for sure.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I'm so f'ing mad, but fired up.

I believe in this team.

I believe in our vets.

I believe in our young guys.

I believe in Therrien (really like how he's handling this situation, he's making me write believe over and over)

And yeah...I still believe in Carey Price.

WIN THIS SERIES. It may take 7 games, but JUST WIN!

(Hoping that we can buy time for Eller to come back, maybe rd2, if the concussion isn't as bad as we think it is.)

Lotta guys need to be better with their finishing and a couple of D need to play a full 60 minutes and not f around with the puck behind our net. PP was actually pretty good IMO, as was the PK obviously. Speaking of PK, let's make everyone forget about Karlsson. I don't even remember him for the latter 2/3rds of the game. Subban is a leader on this team and he wants to win, you can see it.

I REALLY believe in P.K. Subban.

Go Habs Go!

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Therrien has his shortcomings as a coach, but his strengths and gained experience will serve nicely in dealing with this loss. He has the teams' ears now, they're rallied behind avenging Larry, and he'll know how to motivate them correctly. If he was going stale at all, he's regained the room simply from the hit. Not to mention 50 shots is an incredible feat. We keep the pressure like that and we will win this series. It's just about the defensive plays. We lost on two bad plays. Anderson won that game for them, but we shouldn't feel bad about our game save for the big lapses. Plenty of time to come back, let's hope for a split going into Ottawa

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

What? DD was terrible and Price was meh. Price wasn't the reason we lost, but he was a big contributing factor.

He will need to outduel Anderson tomorrow. Very important game for him.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Budaj might play better for a game or two but only Price has the ability to take a team on his back to the cup. Show confidence in him and let him get his game together. He'll be better tomorrow for sure.

I keep hearing this but have not seen anything that would suggest he can do this.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
This post isn't to dump on Price, it's to put things in perspective... When I mention Price I mean Price playing in front of Habs D Corps+System. When I mention Anderson, I mean Anderson playing in front of Sens D Corps+System...

This season, Anderson had .941 SV%. Price had .905 SV%. That means any given team wanting to score 3 goals on Anderson, had to shoot on average 51 times. Any given team wanting to score 3 goals on Price had to shoot 31 times.

In the playoffs (without SOW)...

To beat the Sens 4-3, the shots need to be on average Habs 68 to Sens 31.
To beat the Sens 3-2, the shots need to be on average Habs 51 to Sens 21. (What we should be counting on to win)...

So, Price need to step up or Anderson to cool down? :laugh:

Good post, it shows how of a difference it make between .941 and .905.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008

I am one of the biggest Price's supporter. But I start to lose faith.:shakehead

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
I am one of the biggest Price's supporter. But I start to lose faith.:shakehead

Man...uh...same. I've been defending him for 4 years and tbh I don't know what to say anymore. He needs to prove me wrong, I'm going to run out of arguments. Not just me in fact, but EVERYONE.

Not to mention that his confidence must be low this morning. :shakehead

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Sure but I'm not convinced Price was the main reason we lost, let alone the only. As soon as they couldn't capitalize on a 5 on 3, I knew what was coming next.

And really, Diaz and Gorges made nothing easier. Subban deserves the Norris just by comparing how the rest our our D looks without him.

We can complain about the 5 on 3 but their goalie played very well. Price did not. He still had a 2-1 lead that he needed to nurse for a period and completely failed. That goal can kill a team. Then he let in another one. Price NEEDS to have a short memory and stop thinking abotu bad goals. He'll let in a softy then you know another one is coming....quickly. It never fails. So yes...I put most of this game on him. This is not the reg season. You absolutley have to be on your game.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I have.

That's why despite my disappointment, I want him right back there in that net.

When?

I think Price starts the rest of the series no matter what, but my knock has always been on his lack of focus keeping him from carrying teams through a series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad