Pre-Game Talk: Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
You know as well as I do that if Price was coming off a Cup and CS trophy post-season, he'd be even MORE ridiculed after tonight's performance.

Of course. But let's get to that point and capture the Cup first, shall we? ;)

I've been hard on Price, but that's only because I expect excellence out of him. Others should hold him to that same standard. He can be better. He has to be better.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I don't know if I can handle another game like tonight's.... I raged so ****ing hard. My head is pounding.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I don't know if I can handle another game like tonight's.... I raged so ****ing hard. My head is pounding.

Same here. My heart is fine but I lost my voice and my face is still burning right now. Hard to take games like that, especially when you see the BS that took place.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Came in here expecting a Budaj comment in the first response. Did not disappoint.

#InPriceWeTrust
You might, I don't.

I really hope he can make me trust him again, but I'm scared every time a shot gets taken on our net. I feel like Thibault is back there.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Of course. But let's get to that point and capture the Cup first, shall we? ;)

I've been hard on Price, but that's only because I expect excellence out of him. Others should hold him to that same standard. He can be better. He has to be better.

Sure but I'm not convinced Price was the main reason we lost, let alone the only. As soon as they couldn't capitalize on a 5 on 3, I knew what was coming next.

And really, Diaz and Gorges made nothing easier. Subban deserves the Norris just by comparing how the rest our our D looks without him.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Sure but I'm not convinced Price was the main reason we lost, let alone the only. As soon as they couldn't capitalize on a 5 on 3, I knew what was coming next.

And really, Diaz and Gorges made nothing easier. Subban deserves the Norris just by comparing how the rest our our D looks without him.

Absolutely not the main reason we lost, but it's hard to swallow when you think that a difference-making save or two could have meant a W. Price has to be as good if not better than Anderson for us to win, it'll come down to that, I feel. I had a bad feeling when we scored 1 goal in that prolonged PP as well. It's hard to get a chance to end the game and bury a couple on Anderson and not capitalize. sigh.

Diaz and Gorges were godawful tonight. Not godawful enough that Drewiske should be in, though.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

I knew it too, I knew Price will **** the bed on the third allowing a least a softy.

You know the guys in front will be a bit flat after a 27 shots period, its Price turn to play well because he didn't do anything in the the 2nd part of the 2nd period. He had time to rest in the intermission, his mission on the third was to keep that lead, knowing the team gave a lot of energy and emotion in the 2nd... but sadly, he chocked again.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
This post isn't to dump on Price, it's to put things in perspective... When I mention Price I mean Price playing in front of Habs D Corps+System. When I mention Anderson, I mean Anderson playing in front of Sens D Corps+System...

This season, Anderson had .941 SV%. Price had .905 SV%. That means any given team wanting to score 3 goals on Anderson, had to shoot on average 51 times. Any given team wanting to score 3 goals on Price had to shoot 31 times.

In the playoffs (without SOW)...

To beat the Sens 4-3, the shots need to be on average Habs 68 to Sens 31.
To beat the Sens 3-2, the shots need to be on average Habs 51 to Sens 21. (What we should be counting on to win)...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If habs continue to play like first 2 periods the odds will be in our favour. We were good and hoping we don't lose a beat in game 2. Obviously, we need some more traffic and better rebound shots.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
We need to get the first goal, continue playing our game (dont make it into a grindfest) and challenge their players at the blueline. It's too easy to gain the zone.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
If I'm Michel Therrien, this is how I prepare the boys before Game 2.

I walk in.
I post this on the bulletin board.
BJT6knUCcAAO1i4.jpg:large

I then say, "If that doesn't wake you the **** up and put a spark in your ass, you don't deserve these playoffs."
I leave.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
If I'm Michel Therrien, this is how I prepare the boys before Game 2.

I walk in.
I post this on the bulletin board.
BJT6knUCcAAO1i4.jpg:large

I then say, "If that doesn't wake you the **** up and put a spark in your ass, you don't deserve these playoffs."
I leave.

I wouldn't even say anything. I'd just post it there and walk out.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Exactly what I'd do.

I'd walk in. Post it on the bulletin board and walk right back out.

Probably the better option. Slap that to the bulletin board, creating a huge bang in the lockeroom. Turn around and leave. Don't even look them in the eyes.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Probably the better option. Slap that to the bulletin board, creating a huge bang in the lockeroom. Turn around and leave. Don't even look them in the eyes.
Better yet, have Eller walk in and post it.

If that doesn't fire the team up, nothing will.

As good as I thought we played overall, our best chances came when Gallagher was giving Anderson a fit in front of the net. We need to keep doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad