GDT: Game 2: Vegas Golden Knights @ San Jose Sharks | 7:30PM | Lets do that again!

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
What a game! Who is out of that forward group. Probably Pirri but he has had his moments in these games and is fine as a third liner.

Reactions: HanSolo

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Well, I put it in another thread, but Gallant did say Glass had another 81 games to do good things after the home opener.

If Glass stays, and he should stay with Stone and Pacioretty (he should have had an assist tonight) then Pirri is the scratch. But Pirri is good in that, he can step in any game and be a goal scorer and not be affected with less games played.

But he could also get a lot of games himself with injuries and players needing a rest or playing themselves off the lineup.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
McKenna has interesting comments he delivers boringly. his showmate is a straight idiot.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If Glass stays, and he should stay with Stone and Pacioretty (he should have had an assist tonight) then Pirri is the scratch. But Pirri is good in that, he can step in any game and be a goal scorer and not be affected with less games played.

But he could also get a lot of games himself with injuries and players needing a rest or playing themselves off the lineup.
Pirri really hasn't been much of a player since that goal per game run. Especially this season/preseason he's just not doing much with the puck. He shoots and passes wide 5-6 times for every one time he does something right. That's pretty unacceptable. At this point I'm willing to bet Paul Cotter could be more effective.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Pirri really hasn't been much of a player since that goal per game run. Especially this season/preseason he's just not doing much with the puck. He shoots and passes wide 5-6 times for every one time he does something right.

I think he has played better than that. Certainly the worst of our forwards but he has won some puck battles and held the puck up nicely at times. He also has tracked back quite a lot from what I noticed. He seemed to be skating his skates off.

He's had some nice passes too. But I agree he has also been careless with the puck too often.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Turk's not going to change a winning top 6. Stastny should actually play LW next game on Eakin's line with Zykov.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Eakin should play on the wing you mean. No chance we (should) ever play Stas as anything but center.

Definitely should replace Pirri with Eakin when he is healthy and probably Zykov with Tuch when he is healthy. Other than that, I think the lines are fine. I agree put them on Stastny's wing and let the veteran figure out how to work with all those players.

And Zykov and Pirri will get their chances, injuries, rests and shakeups happen throughout a season.

Reactions: derriko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->