GDT: Game 2 Semi-Final in Vegas. 9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I've been of this opinion since Perry and Staal started playing together at the end of the year. Now Armia has joined them as a keeper.

Some players get you to the playoffs, others get you through them.

Staal at 750k is a no-brainer.
Staal and Armia started playing good at the post season. It's a playoff thing , you gotta think long term. Armia is a 30 points player , staal and Perry are getting older and older. They are doing good right now but let's not embrace them for 4 years. We need the future to come in.

NineteenSixtyFive

Mar 7, 2016
This is where I get nervous. Montreal is usually horrible at holding their leads, and IMO it has to do with the coaching. We CANNOT sit back and play defensively. Keep attacking Fleury, make him nervous. Block his view, take as many shots as you can at him (weak or not) and get some rebounds . GHG !!
I agree I get nervous but somewhat surprisingly they said they are 7-0 in the playoffs when being up 2-0.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I feel that CC told himself he won't be able to score from far in the NHL. He's always trying to move in for a point-blank shot. Shoot when you have space kid. Don't close in on the D before shooting. That's much harder in the NHL.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hopefully they keep playing like this for the next 40, but Ducharme is tremendous with adjustments so far. Hopefully they don’t sit back or fall into old habits here though.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
upload_2021-6-16_22-5-31.png

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
As much as we talk about Anderson not delivering, he had a great period. Going to the net, cancelling two icings, roughing the Ds.
Which means avoiding two defensive zone faceoffs... remember last game? It can really make a difference.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Staal and Armia started playing good at the post season. It's a playoff thing , you gotta think long term. Armia is a 30 points player , staal and Perry are getting older and older. They are doing good right now but let's not embrace them for 4 years. We need the future to come in.
Still, Perry for one more year would be greal. Stall is really getting old...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Staal and Perry 1 year at a time.

Armia is definitely a player I don't want to overpay for in terms of both term and AAV. But he shows up come playoff time, no matter what his numbers are during the regular season. I always said, I don't like him in the top 9, but he's as elite as they get as a 4th liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->