GDT: Game #2|Sat., Oct. 5, 2013|Flyers at Canadiens |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
You're really setting yourself up for disappointment.

Not really. I know we'll likely get scored on several times tonight. I'm just saying those are really their only three offensive weapons at forward with Pacioretty out.

Is that not accurate?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I have not worn a Flyers jersey for any of the preseason games or opening night.

So dug out my 1997-2007 black/home jersey to wear, have not worn it is a while, and wore it exclusively in 03-04 and the Stanley cup run, so it has a good track record! It may also be my favourite Flyers jersey ever.

It is getting a bit small now though... I have had it for 10 years, got it when I was twelve... lucky I was such a tall twelve year old and have only grown about 6 inches taller since then!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have not worn a Flyers jersey for any of the preseason games or opening night.

So dug out my 1997-2007 black/home jersey to wear, have not worn it is a while, and wore it exclusively in 03-04 and the Stanley cup run, so it has a good track record! It may also be my favourite Flyers jersey ever.

It is getting a bit small now though... I have had it for 10 years, got it when I was twelve... lucky I was such a tall twelve year old and have only grown about 6 inches taller since then!

If it doesn't fit then tie the sleeves and wear it as a cape.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Not really. I know we'll likely get scored on several times tonight. I'm just saying those are really their only three offensive weapons at forward with Pacioretty out.

Is that not accurate?

They also have Subban, who won the Norris last season, and Markov, who along with Subban, is good on the powerplay. And I wouldn't write off Plekenac, Bourque, or even Briere and Gionta. Just saying.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If it doesn't fit then tie the sleeves and wear it as a cape.

Haha, when I am old and fat I will! The only parts too small are the sleeves, they are mid way up my forearms! I forgot how 'substantial' the older jerseys (Koho, CCM) were compared to the new reebok ones, they feel so much heavier and thicker.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
puck drop time...

gunna try to bury my previous dismay after the last game.

start this game with fresh eyes.. just hope the team shows up and plays like they should/NEED to.

go Flyers...

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Lecavalier's line will start. The three scratches mentioned earlier - Gill, Gustafsson, Newbury - is official.

• Emery
  • Timonen-Coburn
  • Read-Lecavalier-Simmonds

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
They also have Subban, who won the Norris last season, and Markov, who along with Subban, is good on the powerplay. And I wouldn't write off Plekenac, Bourque, or even Briere and Gionta. Just saying.

Plekanec - The guy who's been a 50 to 60 point forward since the 2010-2011 season? The guy is no more dangerous then, say, Hartnell at point production and he's a slightly worse goal scorer. While a weapon it's not a guy I'm afraid of.

Bourque - You serious? The guy that's managed 21 points in 65 games for the Canadians and has never been known as a dangerous scorer? The guy has had a couple quality seasons as a secondary scorer for the Flames several years ago but aside from that he's not exactly fearsome. So let's not pretend.

Gionta - Outside of one season with the Devils he's never been a major scorer. Since 2010-2011 he's been a .5 PPG guy who's never gotten 30 goals in that time span. He's also 34.

Briere - Really? You're a Flyers fan and I have to mention him?

Subban and Markov are both D. Meaning they're not nearly as likely to score as, say, a forward. Markov is also a 34 year-old who, upon reading the Habs board, they aren't happy with at all and, upon watching, was horrible in the opening game against Toronto for Montreal.

If you just said "What about Subban and maybe Markov" I wouldn't have argued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad