GDT: Game #2|Sat., Oct. 5, 2013|Flyers at Canadiens |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
I think it is pretty clear that Briere is going to light up the Flyers. He seems to do well in situations like this. I'm gonna say at least two points, but probably three or four.

Playoff Briere's going to kick in after picking the puck off Hartnell for his quote.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
If I remember correctly, the Flyers lost every game last season where they had a chance to bring their record to 0.500. Does the trend continue over to this season?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If I remember correctly, the Flyers lost every game last season where they had a chance to bring their record to 0.500. Does the trend continue over to this season?

I believe they did get the record to .500 for a game or two; I think it was getting over .500 where they lost every time?

Maybe I'm thinking of the Phils.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I believe they did get the record to .500 for a game or two; I think it was getting over .500 where they lost every time?

I think you're right. Either way it's really similar and either way they suck.

If we can't even beat Montreal (a team we match up very well against and have owned in recent seasons) then the level of suckage is greater then even I thought.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Edit: Haha, MSE beat me to it by seconds!

^ Dueling pianos.

This may or may not mean anything, too, but...

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/its-not-a-normal-game-briere-says-of-facing-flyers

The Canadiens held an optional practice Saturday morning in Brossard and the only player who didn’t skate was Josh Gorges. Defenceman Nathan Beaulieu, who was called up from the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs on Friday night, took part in the practice.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't really get Rosehill over Newbury. Parros is out, I understand they still have Moen and Prust but still I don't see the need for Rosehill. Whatever I guess.

Edit: Pacioretty out is good news for Flyers fans. If I remember correctly he's been piling up the points against them recently. This is just one more reason the Flyers need to come away with two points tonight, and I'm confident they will.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

The Flyers actually finished the year one game over 0.500. It was the winning streak at the very end of the season that got them there, and the only time they reached or exceeded 0.500 on the season.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
I don't really get Rosehill over Newbury. Parros is out, I understand they still have Moen and Prust but still I don't see the need for Rosehill. Whatever I guess.

Edit: Pacioretty out is good news for Flyers fans. If I remember correctly he's been piling up the points against them recently. This is just one more reason the Flyers need to come away with two points tonight, and I'm confident they will.

they have moen white and prust
rosehill and rinaldo play a good game vs the leaf

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I think it is pretty clear that Briere is going to light up the Flyers. He seems to do well in situations like this. I'm gonna say at least two points, but probably three or four.

I don't think it's clear at all. In fact, I think that's a pretty bold prediction. There's a reason the Flyers bought him out, and that's because he doesn't score enough in the regular season.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Pacioretty out is good news for Flyers fans. If I remember correctly he's been piling up the points against them recently. This is just one more reason the Flyers need to come away with two points tonight, and I'm confident they will.

He had a goal & five assists in three games against us last year so you are correct.

It should be a big boost for us tonight.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Yeah Briere and DD kind of suck and they're on a line together so if they light us up that's just sad.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
With Paciorretty out if they shut down the trio of Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller there's really no excuse for being scored against tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad