GDT: Game #2|Sat., Oct. 5, 2013|Flyers at Canadiens |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I would have to imagine it will be Rinaldo, Hall, & Newbury on the 4th line while Rosehill sits.

I was think the same

I still don't know why people think we're going to actually dress both of them if there's no injuries.

I don't know either. Rosehill is the 13th forward and will probably play less then 20 games. There is no reason to scratch anyone to have both Newbury and Rosehill in the lineup.

I hope the Flyers beat the Habs. Briere is due for a hatty or something close.

Only cause it's the curse of the Flyers that former players score. Briere is pretty much done so I imagine half his goals for the season will come while playing the Flyers. :laugh:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Hall/Rinaldo are 2/3 of the 4th line. The last W will rotate I assume.

So what will be lines tomorrow?

Hartnell/G/Voracek
Read/Vinny/Simmonds
Schenn/Couturier/Talbot
Rinaldo/Hall/Newbury

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
Arrive at the net with the puck and in ill humor.

Also if Briere gets 2 to 3 pts this game, the board will explode.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
He's not really a goon though, is he? He can actually play hockey according to his stats in the AHL. Yeah, yeah, it's the AHL, but it shows he does have some skill. He's got to be better than Rosehill.

I would not call him a "goon" myself. But I am pissed that the Flyers sent Scott back down. He should have gotten his nine games in....Then make a decision. Scott is a very mature young man for his age and I would have loved to seen him get a chance. If Talbot,Hall,Rosehill,Newbury and Rinaldo can get in the lineup then he should have had a shot.:rant:

PS Thanks MSE

GO FLYERS

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think we have six top 6 forwards now:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Lecavalier-Simmonds

Plus two young guys who should be worthy of a top 6 spot eventually in Couturier and Schenn.

What we really need is a strong 3rd liner to play with Couturier. Ideally someone like Zubrus but younger and quicker.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I think we have six top 6 forwards now:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Lecavalier-Simmonds

Plus two young guys who should be worthy of a top 6 spot eventually in Couturier and Schenn.

What we really need is a strong 3rd liner to play with Couturier. Ideally someone like Zubrus but younger and quicker.

I hate to bring it up, but a sniper like Bobby Ryan would do wonders for this team. It would push one of Hartnell or Simmonds down to the third line into a traditional bottom six role, and it would give them one of the strongest top nines in the entire league.

Fearless Leaf*

Timonen needs to be better this game and not take weird penalties.

I think Giroux and Vinny are due for a big game.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Just reminding you guys of the script:

SPOILER ALERT:
Montreal wins the first game of the season against Philly. Flyers win all the rest. I don't why, but this seems to be the pattern.

As a Habs fan, I wasn't happy with the Briere signing and I'm glad we didn't get Vinny for the length of time y'all signed him for. But good luck overall -- looking forward to watching Voracek and really, REALLY hope Mason becomes 'the guy'.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

He did not have much choice but to take that first penalty really.

It was an awkward hop over his stick, he was never beating Kessel to the puck cleanly, and if he let him go it was a breakaway. He just had to make the play and hope it was not called, which interference is routinely not, sometimes in far worse situations than that.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

He didn't take "weird penalties"... he took a penalty to stop a shorthanded breakaway and a penalty to stop an empty net goal. Both were necessary.

Wixztor

Mar 30, 2013
I just can't be as hopeful as I would be otherwise as long as Talbot will be playing on the third line. He doesn't get it done. I would rather see McGinn there honestly. He's a guy who generally plays better than his numbers show.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
I just can't be as hopeful as I would be otherwise as long as Talbot will be playing on the third line. He doesn't get it done. I would rather see McGinn there honestly. He's a guy who generally plays better than his numbers show.

I guess that's why they were trying to bring in a guy like Cleary. I was happy when that fell through though I expect some sort of move to fill that spot!

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think it is pretty clear that Briere is going to light up the Flyers. He seems to do well in situations like this. I'm gonna say at least two points, but probably three or four.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Going to miss this while I'm at work. Will check periodically though while working and on break and such.

Hoping for a team effort and a win as the outcome.

LET'S GO FLYERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad