GDT: Game 2 | Pens vs Habs | 10.6 @ 7PM | Are you kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Most overrated food ever. People that say it tastes good are ****ing liars. :)

Get to watch my first full game of the season. Should be fun.

I fry it with olive oil, s&p, and garlic sometimes. Pretty good as far as healthy vegetable dishes go - though that's grading on a pretty steep curve. This is coming from a guy who would eat fried chicken every day if he could.

Reactions: Peat

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
But Oleksiak had a goal.

It’s the Simon and Sprong argument. It’s okay to develop two players.
Right. Which is why working Riikola in the line-up is a good idea. It doesn't have to be Oleksiak, Cole mentioned Dumo (who was recently DTD) and Maatta.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I see no reason to ever eat kale because spinach is just better.

Just about any variety of Little Debbie is way better than both. :thumbu:

I thought after game 1 of the preseason that Cough Drop was going to be in the A to begin the season unless he was the second coming of Bobby Orr. He's better than I thought, but I'm not surprised to see him sitting, just because they're not going to sit Rig unless/until he ****s the bed for several games. Other than that, I don't think he'll get in unless/until someone is hurt.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Team with best center depth in the league versus the team with the worst center depth in the league.

The Pens SHOULD dominate possession in this game.
The Habs have some speedy forwards and they like to push the play below the goal line and try for quick bad angle shots and jam-plays. If our forwards are too eager to breakout, I wouldn't be shocked to see an early turnover wind up in our net. But you're right, the Pens SHOULD have no issues winning this game, so long as Carey Price doesn't steal it.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I fry it with olive oil, s&p, and garlic sometimes. Pretty good as far as healthy vegetable dishes go - though that's grading on a pretty steep curve. This is coming from a guy who would eat fried chicken every day if he could.

That's how I cooked kale last time... except there was bacon in there too.

I keep meaning to do fried cauliflower as a semi healthy substitute for my eternal craving for wings.

More on topic, I think we win this 6-3, but I've got a horrible feeling its going to be a low scoring mistake ridden lamefest.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That's how I cooked kale last time... except there was bacon in there too.

I keep meaning to do fried cauliflower as a semi healthy substitute for my eternal craving for wings.

More on topic, I think we win this 6-3, but I've got a horrible feeling its going to be a low scoring mistake ridden lamefest.

I didn't know that was a thing. Time for a google.

Reactions: Peat

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wonder if they might just be waiting a couple games first. To see who plays themselves out of the lineup.

Plus, they rode Riikola pretty hard in the preseason. They might want to give him a couple games before throwing him into real game action.

I actually texted that to KIRK pretty much. I think you are right.

The longer he sits, the more nerves for the first game, though. If you reward it, confidence shines. A confident player will be 10x better than he actually is.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Montreal play a terrific hockey game against a speedy Toronto team. They should be prepped for our style. Price also looked terrific. I'll say 3-2 Pens.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Montreal play a terrific hockey game against a speedy Toronto team. They should be prepped for our style. Price also looked terrific. I'll say 3-2 Pens.

I'm a little worried because one of the main reasons Toronto won that game was Andersen was outstanding. If Murray plays like he did on Thursday, and Montreal plays like they did against Toronto, that might not end well for the Pens.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I wonder if they might just be waiting a couple games first. To see who plays themselves out of the lineup.

Plus, they rode Riikola pretty hard in the preseason. They might want to give him a couple games before throwing him into real game action.

Yeah for sure. I actually like not healthy scratching a guy based on 1 game. Give them a few games.

It’s going to be competitive so at least give guys a few games to adjust and win back/keep a spot

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
But Oleksiak had a goal.

It’s the Simon and Sprong argument. It’s okay to develop two players.

Except Simon and Sprong can at least both play, even if one gets more ice time than the other. Sitting Riikola in the press box and playing Oleksiak 14+ minutes per night isn't the same as the situation with those two.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Kale is great because it lasts forever in the fridge. A little lemon juice and that's all you need.

Lasting forever is what exactly doesn’t appeal to me about it....it tastes like particle board, except tougher to eat...maybe I could be persuaded to eat it if it’s topped liberally with cheese sauce or whipped cream, but then what’s the point of it being healthy?

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
and spinach doesn't taste like turds.

45WW0wy.jpg

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Missed the last game, so pumped to catch my first game of the year.

And my new season reminder to f*** NHLTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad