GDT: Game 2 // Oilers @ Bruins // Oct 11 @ 5 PM MST // TV: SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbuf

Sep 21, 2018
Vancouver
Was Dallas Eakins the most ridiculous head coach in NHL history? Like seriously I miss the comedy value of that guy. Where is he now, coaching in Nunavut or something?

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Mcllelan is the type of person who would make people that worked for him manually lift a heavy object that needed to be moved somewhere when there is a forklift sitting right beside the item because thats how his generation had to do it.

Reactions: PulYou and Showcor3

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Lucky to win two. Split with the Bruins gets us one game.

Rangers is winnable but an afternoon game. Jets are vastly superior.

I was saying it tongue-in-cheek, I have zero expectations for this team.

I'm just saying that a prediction isn't a fact no matter how likely it is, unless you were you using the word fact facetiously.

Reactions: shoop

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I'm just saying that a prediction isn't a fact no matter how likely it is, unless you were you using the word fact facetiously.

Of course I was technically being facetious. However, the Oilers have been brutal for so long it feels like such an easy prediction of failure (or at least not outlandish success) truly is a fact.

Reactions: McCupofOil

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Don’t be surprised to see different D pairs employed during the game. Part of it has to do with coming out of a powerplay or penalty kill, but also because the second and third pairings aren’t set in stone. “That is the visual (pairs above) to start, but it will depend how they play, who they are matched up against,” said Todd McLellan. “I think you will see some juggling of the defence pairs as we go forward. We are still trying to discover who plays best with who. We are going lefties, righties to start with, so it is limited in how much you can swing guys around.”
We could see Bouchard and Benning switch at times tonight.

GDB 2.0: Be Ready, Be Better (5pm MT, SNW)

Reactions: Showcor3

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Todd has been a media darling here. Even last season when things were sideways he never got asked the tough questions. It seems that some people are coming to the realization that it's not just the GM that has left a lot to be desired. Anyone that watched preseason could see that Jesse is ready for a big step forward if given the opportunity.

Preseason vs. AHL players and the NHL regular season where everyone challenges the puck and plays their system are two different things.

McLellan has things to be criticized for, like the line blender and the volume shooting thing; but this ain't one of them.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
5-3 Oilers.

McDavid 4 points. 1 +3
Big game from Lucic. Hatrick!
Snipe from Bouchard. First of career!

Cagguila drops the gloves with Marchant for a light weight bout.

Reactions: Mez

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Don’t be surprised to see different D pairs employed during the game. Part of it has to do with coming out of a powerplay or penalty kill, but also because the second and third pairings aren’t set in stone. “That is the visual (pairs above) to start, but it will depend how they play, who they are matched up against,” said Todd McLellan. “I think you will see some juggling of the defence pairs as we go forward. We are still trying to discover who plays best with who. We are going lefties, righties to start with, so it is limited in how much you can swing guys around.”
We could see Bouchard and Benning switch at times tonight.

GDB 2.0: Be Ready, Be Better (5pm MT, SNW)

Ah good still training camp. I had a bad dream the season started and we embarrassed ourselves bad enough to question the entire year.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
In the mid- to late-2000s, all the cool kids wore flannel shirts, skinny jeans, high top shoes, and slouchy hats. The cool kids don't wear those anymore. Todd is a former cool kid who doesn't realize he's no longer cool.

In other words, his take on hockey in the NHL is out of date.

EDIT: Todd had one of the first man-buns, but he still has it.

All he has to do now is grow a mullet, hang out with Mess and Gretzky and hes set to never get fired. Its the 80's he has to learn to appreciate, not the 2000's.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Mcllelan is the type of person who would make people that worked for him manually lift a heavy object that needed to be moved somewhere when there is a forklift sitting right beside the item because thats how his generation had to do it.

Chop wood carry water.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Katz needs to backup dump trucks of cash to Darryl Sutter and Dean Lombardi.

Great, more of yesterday's men.

Missed playoffs last year, eliminated in the 2nd round the year before. Guy’s a dud coach.

Eakins has a 118-71-10-5 record and .615 points percentage in his three seasons with the Gulls. What a dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->