GDT: Game 2 // Oilers @ Bruins // Oct 11 @ 5 PM MST // TV: SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I mean if you wanted to ice the best lineup, it would have Bear and Bouchard in it. It's not ideal but they are both better than Garrison and Benning.
Well ideally you don't ice two rookie defensemen in the same game... I don't want to put any inexperienced Oiler D in the top 4 if I can help it.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
giphy.gif

The Return of Milan

Lines for tonight:

RNH - McDavid - Rattie
Lucic - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Caggiula - Strome - Puljujarvi
Rieder - Khaira - Kassian

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Benning
Russell - Bouchard

Of note:
Halak will start for B's tonight, NOT Rask

Also...
CONNORRRRRRRRRR

Just curious where you got these line combos as they're different from what they were running in practice yesterday? Thanks.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Brodziak sitting is ridiculous unless he's banged up. He's a veteran you just signed to be your best shutdown centre, and he scored 30 points last season. He's also supposed to be a leader on the team and your best faceoff guy. Maybe give him a few games to get a feel for the team?

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
If there was ever a must win second game of the season... this is it. Do it Oilers.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
"Scratch the newly acquired fourth line center, that'll teach these bums not to incorrectly play my system! I specifically told them, shoot and SCORE. They never listen.."

- Tmac

Reactions: PulYou

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Brodziak sitting is ridiculous unless he's banged up. He's a veteran you just signed to be your best shutdown centre, and he scored 30 points last season. He's also supposed to be a leader on the team and your best faceoff guy. Maybe give him a few games to get a feel for the team?

But then how would golden boy Caggiula get in the lineup?

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
But then how would golden boy Caggiula get in the lineup?
You know, I don't have any strong opinions either way on Caggiula, but the guy scored 13 in 13 mins/night last year. Ok chip in player in your bottom 6, just thought he would be more than that.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I wish Todd would stop playing Yamamoto with Draisaitl. Yamamoto has clearly played better away from him

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Brodziak is a 4th line player.. sitting him now is not a huge issue to me given that he didn't have a great preseason as well.. and especially since I don't mind Khaira as a center.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I wish Todd would stop playing Yamamoto with Draisaitl. Yamamoto has clearly played better away from him

I agree, he provided tertiary scoring playing on lesser lines. Makes a whole lot of sense to have him with his spunk and fire try and work his way up the lineup.

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad