Post-Game Talk: Game #2 - Halak leads B's to a 1-0 victory - Enjoy the 2 off days in Vegas guys

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Dud game. Started watching last night around midnight after a wedding. Fell asleep and missed the last minute of the first, was too lazy to rewind to see it, and woke up this morning to watch the rest of the game WHERE NOTHING HAPPENED

who here is spike Mohawk guy? Show yourself!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'd like to see Cassidy look at DeBrusk w/ Coyle.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Heinen - Krejci - Khulman
DeBrusk - Coyle - Ritchie

Reactions: Blowfish

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
That speed last night was pretty fast by Arizona, good thing the ice was bad. Disagree on Backes playing versus them, he would have been a liability. He showed well in 2 preseason games vs AHL talent but was ordinary and slow in the 1st game. Going be a bubble player with a battle between him and Ritchie on who they want as a physical player with limited hands. One has experience and the other is a 5 million cheaper cap hit. They seem equal to me so far, the cap hit difference is huge. That could go to finding a legit RW for Krech, we need more scoring. Nordy comes back and the 4th line is set and better.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
You're crazy to think Coyle gets anything above 5.

The money that was tossed around to UFA's this year was stupid. One or two teams will see him as a #2 Center and pay him as such. Hayes picked up 7 x 7, so will Coyle on the open market. The cap will also continue to climb, some team will have the money.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

That 2nd line would be a 3rd line probably. No finish. Until the Bruins fill the 2nd line winger hole there isn't room to experiment.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Debrusk-Coyle-Ritchie were dominant in one of the pre-season games.

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen looked good last year.

So that leaves

Kurl/Nords - Krejci - Pasta (Kurl can play / Nords looked good with Krecji last year)

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Halak was the whole show.

Wouldn't matter who Krejci's wings were last night, he was bad (rusty) with the puck.

Bruins were dominated on faceoffs, puts a lot of pressure on D.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
That's fantastic...who were the first stars?

I'm not trying to put Bjork down ... he simply needs to earn it in games, practice, etc...he's in for some very tough competition.

There is ALWAYS a reason why players are kept in the minors. It might be
skating, shooting, attitude...whatever. There are things that coaching and
management know about players that we know nothing about. Sometimes
there are addiction or personal issues that prevent a player from moving up.
Bottom line is that, regardless of what we think we know, the main clubs will
put the best players, or players they deem to be the best on any given day,
in their lineups.

Last edited:

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
The money that was tossed around to UFA's this year was stupid. One or two teams will see him as a #2 Center and pay him as such. Hayes picked up 7 x 7, so will Coyle on the open market. The cap will also continue to climb, some team will have the money.

Because Philly was dumb enough to pay out someone like that doesn't mean everyone is. He wants to stay in Boston and they gave up a good prospect for him, they'll sign him to a team friendly deal. Also don't see DK moving on after his current deal unless B's go into a rebuild/retool.

Coyle 5x4.5-5 (22.5-25)before the season is over is my guess.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
That's fantastic...who were the first stars?

I'm not trying to put Bjork down ... he simply needs to earn it in games, practice, etc...he's in for some very tough competition.
Legace with the shutout. As for preseason scoring, Anders scored a couple in the Prospects Challenge. You were there for game two.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I think as the season goes on, it’ll become clear why Coyle won’t be replacing Krejci. I love Coyle’s game, but he doesn’t have the offensive skill set of Krejci. Pay attention to their passing, it’ll make you appreciate Krejci that much more... Maybe.

I hear heinen is a krejci type, coyle can probably replace krejci .. Studnicka is krejci heir apparent. Some have forgotten or don't know how valuable and how difficult DK will be to replace. Those aforementioned potential replacements ..... Disrespectful!
Keep in mind because the krejci crashing vultures will be coming out just a matter of time, if anyone expects him to be the young great krejci than
It's Clark Kent you need. Bergy and dk could start a massive decline at anytime , sometimes quite rapidly . This is too be expected and justifiably so

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Halak was the whole show.

Wouldn't matter who Krejci's wings were last night, he was bad (rusty) with the puck.

Bruins were dominated on faceoffs, puts a lot of pressure on D.

Krug was 1/1 on faceoffs last night :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad