Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Habs vs. Pens, Monday @ 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think for CJ it's not about who's a better player. It's about who won't cost you a game on the 4th line. I like Poehling as a prospect. But I'm not sure I can say he's better than Weal in that aspect right now, today. CJ is the one seeing them in practice. So maybe Weal is ahead of Poehling because CJ favors vets. Maybe it's because he's seeing Weal as less of a risk in practice.

Remember, CJ could care less about their development. He's is 100%, 1000% focused on winning now.

You're talking about what CJ feels about Weal. I'm talking about who I prefer.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I love how Columbus is ALWAYS looking to play in the other end of the rink despite just a one goal lead.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
I love how Columbus is ALWAYS looking to play in the other end of the rink despite just a one goal lead.
If only the Habs had even an inkling of that mentality. Can't remember the last time we had that killer instinct... Or a team that has the talent to implement that killer instinct successfully...

Reactions: Rapala

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Agreed but we will probably see Julien go with a dependable no risk Folin over the kids

Well, I guess if someone offers me dependable no risk I would tend to prefer that too.

I guess with some of these line shake-ups the risk doesn't out weigh the reward. It's not like poehlings going to come in and score 4 goals.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
That was a hilarious moment. Poor Mete.
At least he finally scored this season, it was great to watch... on the same game where Suzuki got his first too! I remember we were all hoping for Fleury to complete the trifecta!

If only the Habs had even an inkling of that mentality. Can't remember the last time we had that killer instinct... Or a team that has the talent to implement that killer instinct successfully...
Maybe back when Carbo was the coach? I might be wrong, but I remember a playbook where offense was the best defense, very aggressive, even when leading.

Feels weird to see both the visiting and the home team having their goal songs played when they score, but the arena is empty anyway so home/away is really more about the last line change. What do you guys think about that?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
At least he finally scored this season, it was great to watch... on the same game where Suzuki got his first too! I remember we were all hoping for Fleury to complete the trifecta!

Maybe back when Carbo was the coach? I might be wrong, but I remember a playbook where offense was the best defense, very aggressive, even when leading.

Feels weird to see both the visiting and the home team having their goal songs played when they score, but the arena is empty anyway so home/away is really more about the last line change. What do you guys think about that?

I have no problem with piping in spontaneous stuff including goal songs other than some of them are horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad