Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Habs vs. Pens, Monday @ 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm really starting to worry Habs can win. This is exactly the type of series they somehow win, underdog role against huge favorites. They play with a lot of energy backed by a good goalie. Usually they are already worn down from a long season, this format will only help them.

Yeah, this club was in a good spot for the first 3 months of this season before the wheels really came off.

It's conceivable that they can reset into that form again, but even that would not likely be enough to knock off the pens.

Reactions: Adriatic

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I expect Pittsburgh to adjust and win 4-1. The Habs D is pretty weak, no way Price can bail them out.

Jul 6, 2016
Claude NEVER change a winning combination.... Even if two or three players are really awful.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I would agree with many of you with changing some of our rosters but I also understand Julien for not doing so.
To be fair, Julien has a plan or Domi wouldn't be playing on the 4th line and basically using Suzuki as our 1st line center.

I would play Peohling ahead of Weise too.....but against Crosby's or Malkin's line, I understand why going with experience instead of using a kid and put him in a position to be responsible for losing important game.

It's not what I would do, but there's at least an idea behind it....

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I would agree with many of you with changing some of our rosters but I also understand Julien for not doing so.
To be fair, Julien has a plan or Domi wouldn't be playing on the 4th line and basically using Suzuki as our 1st line center.

I would play Peohling ahead of Weise too.....but against Crosby's or Malkin's line, I understand why going with experience instead of using a kid and put him in a position to be responsible for losing important game.

It's not what I would do, but there's at least an idea behind it....
Agreed. Weise has a bigger impact on the game by reducing Crosby's offence than by contributing his own.

Reactions: Milhouse40

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
By playing Weise, Ouellet, Weal, Kulak and Drouin Habs automatically give other teams a 5 player advantage.

Ermmm... Did you watch the game last night? Kulak was good, Weise + Ouellet were unremarkable, Drouin could've but didn't make a difference and in my book Weal was the only guy who really sucked.

The Habs D is pretty weak, no way Price can bail them out.

Yeah our D is still questionable but Pittsburgh's D is not any better.

Domi could not have looked more disinterested in the game last night . I wonder if they are keeping him with weal and weise because he whines about being asked to play wing .

I thought the idea was to beef up our 4th line and make them be able to match up to the Pens 1st and 2nd line just in case. Oh and BTW as the old saying goes "Quand on se compare on se console." Our 4th line was way better than Pittsburgh's.

I'd personally pull out Weal and switch in Evans.

Reactions: Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Weal was useless yesterday. He did nothing but either give the puck away or was so slow to execute that he was shut down easily. He had a good moment here or there, but it wasn't enough for me to look at him and say he belongs in there.

It's not a guarantee that Evans and Poehling would do better than Weal or Weise, which is why I say I'd give those slots to the kids and live and die with them. But I do think they will bring a lot more energy for Domi. Poehling may not have had a good first year in the pros, but he is a better player than both Weal and Weise.

I think for CJ it's not about who's a better player. It's about who won't cost you a game on the 4th line. I like Poehling as a prospect. But I'm not sure I can say he's better than Weal in that aspect right now, today. CJ is the one seeing them in practice. So maybe Weal is ahead of Poehling because CJ favors vets. Maybe it's because he's seeing Weal as less of a risk in practice.

Remember, CJ could care less about their development. He's is 100%, 1000% focused on winning now.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't know how you can play Oulette the toilette again. I'd give Juulsen the chance. Also Weal or Weise should be out of the lineup for Evans. I'd rather keep Weise in because while he is useless, he at least has some size and hasn't shown that he is a liability.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Personally, I want to see each team play to their absolute potential. 1st we'll see great hockey and 2nd, we will see where each team's strength and weaknesses are. In our case, the lack of talent, and defensive black hole on our left, etc, and strength in goal, Weber, Suzuki and KK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->