Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Habs vs. Pens, Monday @ 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
on defense - but we might see one of the kids (Poehling/Evans/Belzile/Hudon) in for Weise

Is Weise potentially coming out based on any reports/what Julien said? Or (like me) what you hope might happen?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
For me, it would be Ouellet out for either Fleury or Juulsen. Weal and Weise out for Evans & Poehling. I would live and die with the kids in the line-up.

Weal, at this stage of his career, is a bit more solid with the puck than Poehling. I now he had that bad pass, but how many times have we seen Poehling turn over the puck when he has it on his stick and has no awareness of his surroundings, or when he mishandles a pass, which lead to goals or grade A scoring chances?

I'd like to see Evans in for Weise. This would allow Domi to jump up the lineup and still have another option at 4c to continue rolling 4 lines.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
For me, it would be Ouellet out for either Fleury or Juulsen. Weal and Weise out for Evans & Poehling. I would live and die with the kids in the line-up.

Agreed but we will probably see Julien go with a dependable no risk Folin over the kids

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I am assuming that Clod is going with the same lineup... Because hey, they were so good no need to try and tweak/improve anything.

By playing Weise, Ouellet, Weal, Kulak and Drouin Habs automatically give other teams a 5 player advantage.

Reactions: abo9

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Agreed but we will probably see Julien go with a dependable no risk Folin over the kids
I would say that Folin carries a risk of effing up and costing at least a goal cause he is just another AHLer who wouldn't be anywhere near the big club on a decent NHL team.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Pens won't be long for the playoffs if they don't get their powerplay going.

Habs made them pay the price around the net, taking a page out of what the Islanders were able to do to them in last year's playoffs. With Weber and Chiarot playing big minutes would expect more of the same.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Weal, at this stage of his career, is a bit more solid with the puck than Poehling. I now he had that bad pass, but how many times have we seen Poehling turn over the puck when he has it on his stick and has no awareness of his surroundings, or when he mishandles a pass, which lead to goals or grade A scoring chances?

I'd like to see Evans in for Weise. This would allow Domi to jump up the lineup and still have another option at 4c to continue rolling 4 lines.

Weal was useless yesterday. He did nothing but either give the puck away or was so slow to execute that he was shut down easily. He had a good moment here or there, but it wasn't enough for me to look at him and say he belongs in there.

It's not a guarantee that Evans and Poehling would do better than Weal or Weise, which is why I say I'd give those slots to the kids and live and die with them. But I do think they will bring a lot more energy for Domi. Poehling may not have had a good first year in the pros, but he is a better player than both Weal and Weise.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I'm really starting to worry Habs can win. This is exactly the type of series they somehow win, underdog role against huge favorites. They play with a lot of energy backed by a good goalie. Usually they are already worn down from a long season, this format will only help them.

Reactions: abo9

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Last nights game was pretty entertaining I must say. Suzuki looked very good in this game. How many takeaways did he get in this game? Seemed like he had a lot. The Habs have a very good one in this young feller.

KK also looked faster and stronger to me which was also great to see. This Habs team might lack high end talent right now but they still work their asses off. I didn't expect the Habs to get swept so we'll see how the rest of the series goes but I expect to see better from the Pens going forward.

Reactions: Habano and Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Last nights game was pretty entertaining I must say. Suzuki looked very good in this game. How many takeaways did he get in this game? Seemed like he had a lot. The Habs have a very good one in this young feller.

KK also looked faster and stronger to me which was also great to see. This Habs team might lack high end talent right now but they still work their asses off. I didn't expect the Habs to get swept so we'll see how the rest of the series goes but I expect to see better from the Pens going forward.

Suzuki had 3 takeaways, 0 giveaways 2 hits & 2 blocked shots.
Kotkaniemi had 1 takeaway, 1 giveaway, 3 hits & 0 blocked shots.

Both looked good. Suzuki had himself a hell of a game. Kotkaniemi didn't stand out as much as Suzuki, but he played real well. And you see the improvement in his skating and strength already.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Suzuki had 3 takeaways, 0 giveaways 2 hits & 2 blocked shots.
Kotkaniemi had 1 takeaway, 1 giveaway, 3 hits & 0 blocked shots.

Both looked good. Suzuki had himself a hell of a game. Kotkaniemi didn't stand out as much as Suzuki, but he played real well. And you see the improvement in his skating and strength already.

Seemed like way more than 3 takeaways but yeah Suzuki really stood out to me in this game. He as a very bright NHL future ahead of him I think. I think KK will get there also so 2 very good building blocks there to go along with the prospects not currently playing in the NHL and what this draft brings so the future is finally looking much brighter which is great to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad