GDT: Game 2: Flames @ Stars, 8:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
This game was lost for a lot of reasons. First off, the Flames D was terrible in the first. They gave up a breakway to a d-man and like 4 2 on 1's from bad pinches. Beyond that, they also struggled to control the puck and make good decisions. Alot of early icings, alot of bobbled pucks, just not sharp hockey at all. Couldn't make a clean pass to save our lives. Talbot wasn't a rock like we needed though, we need to have Rittich in tomorrow and give Talbot a break. That Mangiapane goal was kicked in, it has to go in off of a stick in order for it to not be a kick, refs made the right call.

To Dack's point, I didn't intently watch hockey until the middle of the '17 sweep so I still got to see some of peak Gaudreau and something is clearly wrong with him. The most noticeable thing is a lack of speed entering the zone, he's not even attempting to beat guys or drive to the net, it's like he's playing safe until he can secure the bag in a year. His speed isn't above average at all anymore--well it can be as we saw at points in the season but he sure as hell can't do it consistently. One of the biggest things is still his passing, normally it's sharp and crisp even when sauced but in this series, and this season as a whole the pucks been wobbly, it hasn't gone accurately--look at the late pass to Bennett on a potential two on one, put it way in front of him. I wonder if he's seriously injured with something in his arm and he's trying to avoid aggravating it, and whatever it is isn't allowing him to make clean passes. Who knows.

Flames just straight up need to be better though.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Mang "kicked" goal went in off Benn's skate, how the hell could that still be ruled "kicking motion" when he doesn't directly "kick" it into the net

Those are the rules. A deflection off the opposition does not make a kicked puck a legal goal. Same thing for gloved pucks or pucks tipped with a high stick.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
That was very close to offside. No review though....
Wasn't even close
C7nhZL4.jpg

Reactions: MrHeiskanen

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I wouldn't want the Mangiapane to go going against us so no qualms there. Just need to get it done tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad