GDT: Game 2: Flames @ Stars, 8:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I'm heartbroken. Everyone saying we didn't deserve that win, well you know what folks, they battled back hard and gave themselves an opportunity.
A lot of teams win games they don't deserve. We got out played, out hustled all night but still had a chance.
Great heart by a couple of players, others haven't showed up yet.
Let's stomp these guys tomorrow.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Man. I was back into frantic die hard flames fan mode for the last few mins there. Cautiously optimistic for first time after the 1-1 goal. Not sure how Oleksiak is so wide open there for a tap-in in the last minute. That's pretty horrific. Onto game 3.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Feels very Calgary Flames game 2

can't win em all.. but man I would have liked to win that one. The details with this team sometimes.. get it deep and make a proper change smh. Next game we have home ice so hopefully the top line gets some better matchups 5v5. I'm not even sure what the lines were by the end of the game but it seemed to spark something.

Hope Tkachuk is alright, but I would doubt he's in tomorrow.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Just the lack of sack being put in a headlock along the boards. Hit this guy in the face, get your gloves up in his face; don't just sit there looking at him like a sad puppy.
Yeah, you know put yourself in the box just to appease fans.

Monahan has stepped up huge in the physicality department

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Didn't watch the game but flipped thru the goals real quick. Talbot should have had at least 3 of the first 4 and an elite goalie would have had all 4.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Didn't watch the game but flipped thru the goals real quick. Talbot should have had at least 3 of the first 4 and an elite goalie would have had all 4.

Talbot wasn't great, neither was Bishop.

The deciding factor was the refs handing the Stars a PP for a non-penalty, where of course they scored after a stick broke, and then of course that baffling final sequence.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That was a bad loss when the chips were down. Can't sugarcoat a turd. Rittich should play.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Talbot wasn't great, neither was Bishop.

The deciding factor was the refs handing the Stars a PP for a non-penalty, where of course they scored after a stick broke, and then of course that baffling final sequence.
Talbot hasn't had a starter's workload in a while so I wonder if he's fatigued. 3 of the last 7 goals he's let in look like a goalie who isn't dialed in

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Talbot hasn't had a starter's workload in a while so I wonder if he's fatigued. 3 of the last 7 goals he's let in look like a goalie who isn't dialed in
With his performance the last two games (by which I mean a handful of softies that he probably should have had), along with it being a b2b, the time is right for Rittich IMO.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
The Mang "kicked" goal went in off Benn's skate, how the hell could that still be ruled "kicking motion" when he doesn't directly "kick" it into the net

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Not including tonight, with Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm & Giordano - Brodie all on the ice together during these playoffs, they have an xGF% of 31.21% in 16:49 spent together.

Without all of them on the ice, the Flames have an xGF% of 55.45% in 90:31.

The top line and top D-pair are beyond pathetic.

Our top guys are trying to destroy us.

Gaudreau and Giordano specifically.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I don't get how the majority of the fanbase (Cp) doesn't seem to think anything has changed with Gaudreau, people are acting like he's trying all the things that have been successful in the regular season and failing when in reality he's been playing like a completely different (and far worse player) since midseason last year. I really want to know what the actual hell happened there, he's always shied away from contact but now he just doesn't even try to get the puck. He doesn't carry the puck like he used too, or even attempt to beat guys one on one he's just... not right. Hell the guy doesn't even button hook much anymore he just throws the puck down low and gets ready to backcheck.

Giordano has been uniquely terrible in the playoffs not sure what that's about lol.

Reactions: FlamerForLife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad