GDT: Game #2 (FINALLY) | Blue Jackets @ Panthers | 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I want MM to QB the second unit. Use Ek as a forward. He doesn't have the speed to be the only man back.
No no no. Ekblad has been good on the PP in the preseason and the regular season so far. Keep him there, he might just be developing into a good PP QB. Maybe pair them together up top. I don't know why now people (not you, teams) have to go with 4 forwards on the PP. If 2 defensemen on the same PP unit is the best fit for your team, you should do that.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I’m not a fan of Matheson on the power play. Why not try MacDonald? He’s got legit offensive talent.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Of course I'm in the minority, I'm one of the very few goalies here.

Think about that as I argue about goaltending with everyone who can't say the same.

You would have to be able to naturally feel the first hand excitement of even being able to make the routine saves and the manner in which it's done, and understand why all the while.

Lots of unreasonable expectations. I overhear more people at the arena ***** about anything that passes a goalie than they applaud what I know to be a difficult save...that all else call standard.
Don't blame reimer for any of the first three goals but he didn't make many saves at all that prevented what should have been goals and gave up two soft ones that cost the Panthers the game.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Don't blame reimer for any of the first three goals but he didn't make many saves at all that prevented what should have been goals and gave up two soft ones that cost the Panthers the game.
So you don't blame him for the first 3. Neither do I. Leaving the last two- again, the one Yandle scored (@FrolikFan67 puck deflects off a dman's stick and you want to put any more than 0% on the goalie? AND THEN so far to say lousy on Reimer for an own goal?) and the one where video shows Pysyk's nuts are on top of Reimer's head and then Matheson joined the pile up instead of going for the puck. So that's 5 goals out of 5 he objectively couldn't do much about. Which were the two soft ones? I didn't see any.

Didn't make many saves that prevented...? I remember a handful especially in the first period. While the other happened to goalie make a few more highlight saves, what does is irrelevant to how another goalie plays obviously. He almost got them out of the 5 on 3 entirely by himself.

I get what you are trying to say. You play the position so you put yourself in their shoes.

However, this is the same as me saying I have played competitive basketball and I am going to defend someone missing a free throw, or someone missing a layup for example.

He was 100% slow to react on the Duclair goal. You cant honestly sit here with a straight face that a better goaltender wouldnt have given himself a better chance to save that goal? Was it an unstoppable shot? No. Was it a routine save? Also no.

However, at least give yourself a chance to save it. He wasnt even across by the time the goal went in.
That's not the same at all. If anything it would be if defenders were allowed to goaltend on a free throw and they missed.

Was it an unstoppable shot, that he could've given himself a chance on? Well I mean the guy paid a million bucks was given a lay up, where as 98% of this board (myself included) would've pissed on him for missing!

Obviously it wasn't a routine save, it shouldn't have been a save no matter where Duke wanted to put it.

No excuse for a wide open professional hockey player on a 5 on 3 in Duke's spot to miss the shot you're trying to discredit the goalie on!

People blaming the goalie for own goal deflections, 5 on 3 open players....I'm glad to be in the minority on this one!

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So you don't blame him for the first 3. Neither do I. Leaving the last two- again, the one Yandle scored (@FrolikFan67 puck deflects off a dman's stick and you want to put any more than 0% on the goalie? AND THEN so far to say lousy on Reimer for an own goal?) and the one where video shows Pysyk's nuts are on top of Reimer's head and then Matheson joined the pile up instead of going for the puck. So that's 5 goals out of 5 he objectively couldn't do much about. Which were the two soft ones? I didn't see any.

Didn't make many saves that prevented...? I remember a handful especially in the first period. While the other happened to goalie make a few more highlight saves, what does is irrelevant to how another goalie plays obviously. He almost got them out of the 5 on 3 entirely by himself.

That's not the same at all. If anything it would be if defenders were allowed to goaltend on a free throw and they missed.

Was it an unstoppable shot, that he could've given himself a chance on? Well I mean the guy paid a million bucks was given a lay up, where as 98% of this board (myself included) would've pissed on him for missing!

Obviously it wasn't a routine save, it shouldn't have been a save no matter where Duke wanted to put it.

No excuse for a wide open professional hockey player on a 5 on 3 in Duke's spot to miss the shot you're trying to discredit the goalie on!

People blaming the goalie for own goal deflections, 5 on 3 open players....I'm glad to be in the minority on this one!

No one said it was a routine save.

What everyone is saying he CLEARLY was slow to react to the play and the shot. He gave himself ZERO chance to have a shot at stopping it.

That shot wasnt a free throw at all lol.

Ill tell you that Lindsay was unhappy with Reimer yesterday as well. He stated that Reimer never made himself look big in net. Whether its cutting down angles or getting out in front of his net...he didnt like how Reimer performed in any of the goals. Essentially said the same thing I did, which he didnt give himself a chance....or a BETTER chance to stop any of the shots that beat him.

No surprise Vatrano to the fourth the guy is a no show unless he has the puck in the slot

Did you watch the game? If you are gonna talk about a no show the conversation starts with Trocheck, Huberdeau, Hoffman. In that order as well.

Yandle was a show, it was just a horror show.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

even if it were a columbus player there purposely trying to redirect that shot it still wouldve been a soft goal to give up let alone accidentally hitting yandle's stick blade. and i dont see why he had to be swimming on the game winning goal. the only ones i dont blame him on are the 5 on 3 where werenski was able to wire one from down low in the slot and the panarin break away. the duclair one you gotta cover that corner, the yandle one you gotta cover the lower area, and the final one though matheson probably shouldve played the man instead of looking to play the puck and then losing it i dont know why he had to be on the ground during that play, but since he was yea they were going to score at that point, him and matheson share a mutual blame on that one.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
No one said it was a routine save.

What everyone is saying he CLEARLY was slow to react to the play and the shot. He gave himself ZERO chance to have a shot at stopping it.

That shot wasnt a free throw at all lol.

Ill tell you that Lindsay was unhappy with Reimer yesterday as well. He stated that Reimer never made himself look big in net. Whether its cutting down angles or getting out in front of his net...he didnt like how Reimer performed in any of the goals. Essentially said the same thing I did, which he didnt give himself a chance....or a BETTER chance to stop any of the shots that beat him.

Did you watch the game? If you are gonna talk about a no show the conversation starts with Trocheck, Huberdeau, Hoffman. In that order as well.

Yandle was a show, it was just a horror show.

LOL all those players you named are All star caliber guys who have proven after many seasons to be great players one bad game is hardly an issue with them. Your savior Vatrano on the other hand will be out of the NHL soon just like Pirri was I really can’t fathom why people think he is a good player he is a tweener at best with a great shot and nothing else won’t be on the team by the end of the year book it.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The first line is doing and has done serious damage with bjugstad. Trocheck needs more blame. He has been a black hole since last season for wingers 5on5 and it is becoming a massive problem
I agree with you. I’m not saying it’s Bjugstads fault but we need to get Hoffman away from Tro. I wouldn’t be opposed to putting him and Huby on the third line either.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
although i certainly dont think bjugstad is a 1st line player and id like to see other guys there instead, but if it aint broke dont fix it. i guess im just more paranoid about messing up anything, even though i believe its mostly barkov and dadonov so putting someone like a hoffman or even malgin i dont think would change anything in a negative way, perhaps even better, but as long as its working i wont touch it.

trocheck needs other wingers, its a waste for hoffman and huberdeau. let those guys play with mccann and give trocheck other guys.

hopefully weegar is back next game and im curious to see kis play. i could care less about petrovic and pysyk atm.

Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-Weegar
MacDonald-Kiselevich (if he can play RD)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
hopefully weegar is back next game and im curious to see kis play. i could care less about petrovic and pysyk atm.

Weegar isn't exactly playing any better than those two, the only thing going for Weegar is that he's not-so-new shiniest toy in the cupboard so ppl still have some hopes of untapped potential. If he was a better player, he'd be in the lineup.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I agree with you. I’m not saying it’s Bjugstads fault but we need to get Hoffman away from Tro. I wouldn’t be opposed to putting him and Huby on the third line either.

lol what actually has hobo Huby and Hoffman brought so far? absolutely nothing.

Trocheck has at least set up some plays like the one that led to MacDonalds goal and yesterday for Huby right infront of the net.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Trocheck has at least set up some plays like the one that led to MacDonalds goal and yesterday for Huby right infront of the net.

They are just puck watching, not moving their feet in order to be a position to receive any pucks from anyone. Considering Hoff's role as a shooter, he should be lurking in the background but if Hubs wants retain his status as some playmaking whizz then it's pretty difficult when he's handling it like a hot potato. The 3rd line had a lot better sustained pressure in the o-zone than the 2nd line. A lot of posts.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Trocheck has passed the puck like 3 times in 2 games. I love Tro but we all know he kills his wingers. And on your point if Hoffman and Huby( who has been horrid) haven’t done anything, a change should be made. Spread the scoring.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Trocheck has passed the puck like 3 times in 2 games. I love Tro but we all know he kills his wingers. And on your point if Hoffman and Huby( who has been horrid) haven’t done anything, a change should be made. Spread the scoring.

I don't know what player you guys are watching, some reason Tro takes the heat and he's the only one who can

a) consistently carry the puck to the zone
b) beat defenders 1 on 1
c) the only one so far who has generated scoring chances for anyone else

Both Huby and Hoff have been totally invisible.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Trocheck hate is that he is unintentionally selfish and is a winger killer. At times he's very selfish and by being selfish and not using your wingers you hurt their play too.

The second line has had a couple of scoring chances but so far not been good. I'm think you can let them play together for a few more games but if you break them up so be it. But I'm not convinced it's an unworkable line yet. People were complaining about Barkov and Dadonov and now they're easily the best duo.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I don't know what player you guys are watching, some reason Tro takes the heat and he's the only one who can

a) consistently carry the puck to the zone
b) beat defenders 1 on 1
c) the only one so far who has generated scoring chances for anyone else

Both Huby and Hoff have been totally invisible.

Bad i cant show you again how great Trocheck carry the puck into the Zone, in his insane 1vs4 dumb&chase try. I would like if he could do it all the Time and also ue his Linemates.
The clean Zone entry from the 1st Line doesnt come from no where, mostly Barkov and Dadonov looks who is in the better Postion to skate the Puck into the Zone.
What Trocheck current does, is force it in, no matter where or how it ends.
And i also dont saw the great 1on1 play from Trocheck you praise this Season, i see most time that he loose in the physical battle for the Puck.

Thats why i said, in preseason Bjugstad would also fit in the current Trocheck play, cause then he could help the Line what he also current do on the Barkov Line. But the difference here is, it would help Trocheck not go into the Board battle by himself.

But then comes it down to Bjugstad die hard and hatters, why downgrade Bjugstad cause in the current Game trocheck force on the Line it will helps them.

BTW the (promotion) for Malgin on the 2nd Line, only shows that current no one of the 2nd is able to create a game for the other 2 Linemates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad