JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m
Wings on ice at PNC Arena in Raleigh. Same lines as the opener. Alfredsson skating as expected.

BVvj1maCAAAJB32.jpg

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Just some food for thought on our depth.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/86939/sproul-heads-list-of-top-drafted-ohl-defensemen/

Sproul is considered further along and better than Murphy who is playing on the second pairing tonight.

There a few guys on that list playing already - Hamilton etc.

Sproul isn't further along imo.

Neither has great D or even good D. Murphy, I see as better skater even if Sproul came ahead of him in that coaches poll. Murphy has been #1D for Kitcheners for quite some time, Sproul never really was.

Murphy didn't look out of place last year in his short stint.

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
I'm bad with Photoshop, but I had to. "You're waking the fan-base!!"

Kf4EzXa.jpg

On a side note, I think we win this one. I'm puzzled at Skinner playing on the "3rd" line though.

Skinner really stunk it up last year. They may be re-evaluating his role on the team, just sending a message.. or both.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH

Neither has great D or even good D. Murphy, I see as better skater even if Sproul came ahead of him in that coaches poll. Murphy has been #1D for Kitcheners for quite some time, Sproul never really was.

I can't disagree, I was just pointing out that the article considered him further yet the player rated that much below was on a second pairing in the NHL already. It's food for thought on whether or not he's truly as good as they advertise, if we take too long, or if we're just that deep.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Can't even remember wings playing them (except the obvious stanley cup final way back). Carolina has to be the most irrelevant hockey team in the NHL...

I remember Larionov's 3OT game winner, and being exceptionally tired the next day :D

I'll always pull for the Canes to do well (except when they play Detroit, of course). My wife was pregnant w/ our 3rd kid during the '06 PO's, and the Wings got knocked out by that exceptionally annoying and sneaky dirty Oilers team.

If we had a boy, I wanted to name him Cam- thinking Cam Neely. My wife liked Cam for a boy or girl and knew how much I wanted the Oil to lose in the SC Finals, so she requested that if the Canes won behind Cam Ward in net, we'd name the kid Cam regardless of gender.

Cam Ward played fantastic, Carolina won, and that October our daughter Cam was born. Guess I'm a closet Canes fan, at least until Ward moves on to a different team.

And this concludes the story about my personal life. Back to crushing Cleary for being a human black hole on the ice :naughty:

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 6m
Wings lines: 40-13-8, 93-90-11, 71-18-44, 20-25-37; on D: 55-52, 65-4, 27-2; 21, 23 xtras; 22, 43 skating.

BVvnyjqCEAAnLlb.jpg

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 46s
Babcock confirms same lineup as opener.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
:facepalm:

No Tatar - is an absolute joke
Well, you think about it pragmatically, the Wings only need Tatar if they need more depth scoring. This last game, Sammy got a goal and Bert looked pretty dangerous. For now, the Wings feel like they've got enough scoring punch from those lower lines.

It won't last, though. I think we'll see Tatar pretty soon when 1. the 2nd unit continues to suck and 2. the Wings play better teams that can effectively handle the Datsyuk line but yet the lower lines cannot cut the mustard.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'm bad with Photoshop, but I had to. "You're waking the fan-base!!"

Kf4EzXa.jpg

I'm dyin' ova here.

I'm going to have to spend time to make it a little "better" though. It's too good an idea. Ken Holland's face in the second panel. ****ing perfect.
Like fiya.
Am I supposed to say this like Ruby Rhod?

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site

Couldn't disagree more. Murphy is super weak, Hudler could shove him around.
He also makes terrible/risky decisions with the puck.
Even at the OHL level he was something of a turnover machine, not sure how he ever went top 10.

Detroit should look to expose him all night long, especially if he is playing top 4 mins. Murphy needs to be accounted for when he is quarterbacking on the PP. In all other situations he needs to be identified by wings and went after.

Anyways hope Bert looks good again tonight, he surprised me in the opener.
Weiss was also strong, I hope Babs can find a way to get him closer to 18 or 19 mins tonight.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Couldn't disagree more. Murphy is super weak, Hudler could shove him around.
He also makes terrible/risky decisions with the puck.
Even at the OHL level he was something of a turnover machine, not sure how he ever went top 10.

Detroit should look to expose him all night long, especially if he is playing top 4 mins. Murphy needs to be accounted for when he is quarterbacking on the PP. In all other situations he needs to be identified by wings and went after.

Anyways hope Bert looks good again tonight, he surprised me in the opener.
Weiss was also strong, I hope Babs can find a way to get him closer to 18 or 19 mins tonight.

This. Dats and Z 20-21+ Minutes. Weiss about 20. Cleary about 6 or 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad