GDT: Game 2 | Columbus vs. Carolina | 10/5 7PM

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I go to Orlando Magic games where that team wins maybe 20% of their games, say what you will about basketball, or the NBA but that place is always rocking and getting the fans involved.

Same goes for Lightning games. Great atmospheres. I don’t go to a sports event to sit on my phone or sit quietly Indian style,

Game ops absolutely sucks at Nationwide. I wouldn’t blame the crowd

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Game ops absolutely sucks at Nationwide. I wouldn’t blame the crowd

Agree, and that’s what I’m getting at. Don’t mean to call out the crowd as individuals. People aren’t going to just stand up and start cheering. It’s the game ops job to help get the crowd into the game. Home ice is supposed to be a huge advantage. Nationwide routinely fails at this.

Haven’t been to a game in a while, but is Mike a Todd still the hype guy?

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hey, guys, remember when we would be all in awe of how well our backup would play for us sometimes back when our backup was McElhinney?

Just a thought.

Not a very good game tonight. But there's 80 more, so I'm willing to move on.

Reactions: GoJackets1

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Foligno and Bjorkstrand looked really good last night, and were constantly buzzing around the opposing goalie. Tonight everyone just looked off.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Milano with a bit over 7 minutes of ice time. Bjorkstrand with 10:59, Duclair with almost 13. I didn't see the game but Milano's time with Torts is wasted. Trade him and give the kid a break. What did Bjorkstrand do to get so little time?

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
A o
Foligno and Bjorkstrand looked really good last night, and were constantly buzzing around the opposing goalie. Tonight everyone just looked off.

Overtime should have never happened last night. That’s a huge reason for tonight’s bedshitting.

Then again, you have a fresh goalie and these are elite athletes playing only the second game of the season. They shouldn’t look like sloths this early.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Against weak Detroit team, give Canes some credit, that defence is incredible.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Milano with a bit over 7 minutes of ice time. Bjorkstrand with 10:59, Duclair with almost 13. I didn't see the game but Milano's time with Torts is wasted. Trade him and give the kid a break. What did Bjorkstrand do to get so little time?
That’s Torts ... why play people that have speed and the potential to create offense on their own . Milano had 2 sog in 7 minutes, Wennberg ...0 in 14:23 , no points and a -1

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Well normally I'd be happy that Dubinsky was our best center after 2 games, but I cant say that is true right now.

I'm not sure why Wennberg even attempts to take faceoffs. I think he'd be better on the wing as is, with more time and space with the puck. You can say what you want about his defensive ability, but with guys like Nash and Dubi around, that's not what is asked of him. Bjorkstrand is arguably our best shooter and Foligno is also (normally) a good offensive player. That line works on paper and in EA Sports, but not on real NHL ice. And Wennberg has been the worst of the 3.

I say keep the Anderson-Dubinsky-Jenner line together and throw either Foligno or Bjorkstrand up with Dubois and Panarin. Foligno and Atkinson can both create their own offense and are good on the cycle, so we would be ok with them playing with Invisiberg. Panarin/Dubois wouldn't lose much, if any, offensive ability/creativity. And quite frankly, imo, Bjorkstrand has a better shot than Cam, and is a bit better of a "triggerman"/ the type of player that could mesh well with the other guys.

We need Seth Jones.

Reactions: The Bread Man

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Was at game. Not much to cheer for when you are being outskated (by a lot) and have chances killed by bad passes into skates (lots of those). We were slower team and were not playing well defensively. Lots of stick-reaching from 15ft from possessing player. I'm not all "hit them until dead", but dayum we are a very soft team. Just a poor showing in front of a large crowd. Unfortunately a CBJ habit that won't die

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
also did anyone else catch the post game interviews.

Panarin was asked about his teammates (Cam and co.) continuing to try and persuade him to sign... he replied (thru his translator) ... “It’s awkward... [20 second pause/mumbling] ... funny”.

The whole interview was super weird.

Also Torts was asked post game by Lori Schmidt what his thoughts were on Bob and Panarin’s ovations... he said in a pissed off tone “I couldn’t even hear them.” Lori Schmidt replied, “well, they were the loudest ones.” And Torts sighed audibly and said “great for them” sarcastically, then proceeded to walk out of the interview room.

I’m with @Johansen2Foligno, until any of this with Bob and Panarin is resolved, I feel like this is going to cause a burden to the lockerroom and weigh it down throughout the season. Honestly. Just not getting good vibes at all from the team/their chemistry right now.

Reactions: Johansen2Foligno

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Haven’t made it home for either game. Was forced into after work drinks. Am drunk. Happy we won last night. Sad about tonight. Sad sad panda.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Weird, I thought they played it pretty even with the Canes, much of it in their end. Just not very good shooting. A lot of shots into C-Mac's chest or a foot wide. Meanwhile the Canes rip it in off the post. And the powerplay sucked.

The Canes gave away no time and space so I'm not surprised that there wasn't much playmaking. And their D are so good with their sticks. It's not fun to watch when you fall behind to a team like that because they will just flip it out endlessly and trust that you can't beat their D.

Overall I can't fault the battle level of either club. It wasn't lacking in intensity.

Reactions: Viqsi

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Also Torts was asked post game by Lori Schmidt what his thoughts were on Bob and Panarin’s ovations... he said in a pissed off tone “I couldn’t even hear them.” Lori Schmidt replied, “well, they were the loudest ones.” And Torts sighed audibly and said “great for them” sarcastically, then proceeded to walk out of the interview room.

I’m with @Johansen2Foligno, until any of this with Bob and Panarin is resolved, I feel like this is going to cause a burden to the lockerroom and weigh it down throughout the season. Honestly. Just not getting good vibes at all from the team/their chemistry right now.

Yes, let's get rid of our best two players so we can go back to a time when Torts isn't mad at reporters after a loss. Wait a second...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The only thing that has me pissed after that game is the putrid powerplay. Call up Stenlund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad