Post-Game Talk: GAME #2 - Canucks vs. Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
I just hope the team isn't playing sub-adjusted-.500 hockey at the 20 game mark like they did the last two years.

This is what scares me. Shortened season + our players being more out of practice than other teams' + us being traditionally slower starters + early injuries...we might be in an even bigger hole than normal come the 20 game mark. Through 20 games last year we were 11th in the conference.

CoopALoop

Apr 19, 2012
Van, Bandwagoner
It's funny the home opener it was pretty loud. I think the acoustics in the place are just ****ed.

For sure. Everytime I watch a game on TV, it really does seems like we are a quiet bunch.

Watch a game live and it's a loud arena. Last game I went to was against CBJ and it was loud...

Granted, it was also ST. Patty's Day.

StilesBC

Sep 10, 2002
North Vancouver
Visit site
BC Place has improved. Paul McCartney was great there. I'd see another concert there.

And I've seen enough flashes of decent hockey from the Canucks in the first two games to temper any disappointment from creeping in. This team only needs to play decent to get into the playoffs. Once we're there, I know we can beat anyone.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
This is what scares me. Shortened season + our players being more out of practice than other teams' + us being traditionally slower starters + early injuries...we might be in an even bigger hole than normal come the 20 game mark. Through 20 games last year we were 11th in the conference.
I'll wait at least a few more games before worrying about this.

craigcaulks*

...because the building wasn't full of HF nerds?

I guarantee that 95% of the crowd had no clue what the backstory on him was - and 50% of the lower bowl had probably never even heard of him. Plus, who really cares? He was a free agent, with the ability to sign with whomever he wanted. I don't understand the sense of entitlement that Canuck fans have for every player that has even the smallest connection to B.C.

If you ask me, he made the right decision for his career. He's going to rack up the PP points and ride it to a huge payday on that team.

Plus none of that pesky playoff action getting in the way of his spring & summer.

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
anyone know the song the canucks are coming on to the ice to now? was kinda dubsteppy if i remember correctly, not a huge dubstep fan but did like that song

edit: actually it's more house music like if i remember correctly

another edit: found a vid, around the 5 minute mark it starts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XCof7fQljY

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
So the PK and PP definitely need more work, had we scored on just one of the six powerplays we got, we could have won. That's unacceptable. The defense was good through the first have of the game but took a step back in the third. Edler had some good and bad moments; I think him playing his off side is a bit of a factor here.

Oh, and Ebbett can GTFO. Totally unnecessary penalty there at the end. ****ing idiot.

Kassian's fist.

LOL

Towmater14

Sep 17, 2005
OIL COUNTRY
I am really surprised that the healthy Oilers in mid season form with their starting goalie in net needed the SO to beat the injured, pre-season form Canucks with our back up in net.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. For the record, I think that these silly comments go both ways, some of the Oiler fans comments are just as bad!

craigcaulks*

Whatever helps you sleep at night. For the record, I think that these silly comments go both ways, some of the Oiler fans comments are just as bad!

If you took my comment seriously, my apologies for not using 47 emoticons to help. Which ones should use to make sure this doesn't happen again?

Towmater14

Sep 17, 2005
OIL COUNTRY
If you took my comment seriously, my apologies for not using 47 emoticons to help. Which ones should use to make sure this doesn't happen again?

If it was sarcasm I do apologize. Like I said, some of the comments that I am hearing from both sides are silly. I'm just excited that there might actually be a REAL rivalry between these two teams for a few years.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'll wait at least a few more games before worrying about this.

For the record, I'm not basing those worries on anything I saw in the first couple games. I was already worried about our penchant for slow starts and the circumstances of this season before the puck ever dropped. By no means do I mean it as doom and gloom, but it's something I was nervous about and *could* see happening.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
i think the Oilers speed with the puck will make a lot of D look bad year.
that speed is also going to make a lot of teams PK units look bad this year. The NHL seems to be calling a lot more this year and they had the #3 PP last year with Horcoff and Smyth getting a lot of ice time. This year J.Schultz and Yakupov will be getting some PP time so it could be one of the best again.

After the first two games do Canuck fans still want Luongo traded or make them compete for starts? As an Oiler fan I'm torn on this. On one hand I'd love to see Luongo get traded and then see Schneider **** the bed but the Canucks would obviously be getting some valuable assets back to address current weakness' on the roster. If he stays they could both play lights out all year...... Tough call personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad