GDT: Game 2: Bruins @ Coyotes |10/5/19 18:00 FSA | half-assed edition

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The teams sucked. That’s the only difference. He didn’t get figured out. He’s got no support. When the team was decent, he was good for 20+ goals a year. If this team ends up top 10-15 in goals and he stays healthy, he’ll be top 3-5 in the nhl in goals among D this season. No doubt about it. Automatic.
OEL has faults, but so does every other Dman. OEL is a stud and I'm glad we have him.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
This shot is purely to try and get a line change, you can see Vinnie going off before Dvo even shoots it. Those two weren't on the same line last night so it's seems obvious that was Dvo's intention. An easy way to get a change and an O zone faceoff.

I see him changing, but he's also got support from behind so it's not a full change. He could be trying to just get a face-off out of it. However, this isn't the only shot like this, and lots of our shot numbers are padded with plays like this. Then we hear Tyson talking about how [insert goalies name] "is standing on their head". Outside of the first line creating actual scoring chances, our 2-4 lines need to do a little more than just put it at the net.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Ridiculous! What makes it more crazy is the new order is in the restaurant business. He won't be happy when he learns about this.

I used to think that the day would never come that we'd get a wealthy owner.
You've just gotta have true faith that things will get better.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Wow...What a pathetic first night of mistakes. In the Suite Level Club where you pay $35 for a buffet meal, there was literally NO food. I don't mean like a few dishes were out...I mean ALL of them. We waited the entire 1st intermission and most of the 2nd period for them to replenish the food. It never came. They were even short on food at the dessert bar..no Vanilla ice cream. We had to buy (again) food at the concessions, which were also at some locations short on food. I missed the entire 2nd period and about 1/3 of the 3rd. Ridiculous! What makes it more crazy is the new order is in the restaurant business. He won't be happy when he learns about this.

Damn I hope you at least get a refund for the buffet. That's complete bs and on opening night no less.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

They played well... But I'm personally past that being the bar to meet. They actually need to have the results AND play well.

1 goal in 2 games is the same crap as last year. That's a recipe for no playoffs and a meh draft position.

Technically, that's the recipe for 4OA, but hey... :naughty:

This will improve. Just a little unlucky Vegas will be very angry after having being trashed by Boston, which is what will happen next.

Reactions: SniperHF

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The Coyote way - Making backup goalies look like all stars!!
To be fair, Halak isn't really your typical backup. He'd probably start on 1/3 to 1/2 of teams, and last year, of goalies playing at least 15 games, he was top 10 in both Sv% and GAA (he played 40 games). So it's not like the Yotes made some scrub look good. Halak is pretty good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad