GDT: Game #2: Anaheim Ducks @ Calgary Flames, 7:00PM on SNET-W and The Fan 960

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
We played a solid game today, Kipper not so much.. Am I worried? Not yet he often has a tough time out the gate he'll bounce back. I think he still gets the nod on wednesday. I really hope Hudlers in on Wednesday we really need a spark or something

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
How soon until we see nothing but "Burn it to the ground!" "Trade everyone!"?

I'd also imagine the trolls will be out in full force soon... (if this continues).

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
We played a solid game today, Kipper not so much.. Am I worried? Not yet he often has a tough time out the gate he'll bounce back. I think he still gets the nod on wednesday. I really hope Hudlers in on Wednesday we really need a spark or something

Really? I thought it was very sloppy with poor execution... Bad passes, coverage, back-checking, etc.

We had our moments, but overall I wouldn't give it more than a 6 / 10

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I seriously lol'ed.

I'm seriously considering Arnott, Gomez, anybody who can win a draw and then pylon in front of the net. That's it. We're leaving Kipper out to dry anyways so there's no need to backcheck.

Our top 2 centerment based on ice time (Tanguay, Stajan) went 15 out of 29 the problem tonight was Backlund and Iggy.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I seriously lol'ed.

I'm seriously considering Arnott, Gomez, anybody who can win a draw and then pylon in front of the net. That's it. We're leaving Kipper out to dry anyways so there's no need to backcheck.

A little birdy told me Iginla can win facesoff :D should make him the center :)

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Me and my friend were laughing the whole time whenever we won a faceoff nobody was ready for it.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Stempniak was solid tonight. Stajan was good, as was Comeau. But our leaders such as Kipper, Iggy, Cammy and Giordano didn't impress.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Really? I thought it was very sloppy with poor execution... Bad passes, coverage, back-checking, etc.

We had our moments, but overall I wouldn't give it more than a 6 / 10

I didnt say perfect, but it was a good effort minus the start of the game, PP looked gd, top line improved from last game, theres a couple gd points to take from this game

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Stempniak was solid tonight. Stajan was good, as was Comeau. But our leaders such as Kipper, Iggy, Cammy and Giordano didn't impress.

Iggy had some poor back checks which lead to the 5th goal (swear it was offside) but offensively he was good I thought. I would agree with the other 3 I haven't even noticed Cammy in the first 2 games.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I agree it was sloppy but atleast we showed some back bone tonight unlike the last few years.

Absolutely. Just replying to someone saying they though it was a solid game (despite goaltending).

I thought they showed some backbone, but inconsistency is killing this team.. (I know that might sound extreme, but losing your first two games at home in a shortened season is a big deal.)

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
That was the worst I've seen of Kipper. He looked like a fish out of water he was flopping so bad to make saves

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Absolutely. Just replying to someone saying they though it was a solid game (despite goaltending).

I thought they showed some backbone, but inconsistency is killing this team.. (I know that might sound extreme, but losing your first two games at home in a shortened season is a big deal.)

Yea it sucks but I think we should expect growing pains we are taking a team that hasn't had an offensive coach in 10+ years and have given them a week to learn an entire new system and none of the lines we are running this year played at all together last year. There is going to be growing pains like the second period last game we reverted back and played like **** tonight we played more in the new system but not 60 minutes. When we played Hartley's system out scored them 4-2.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
This team won't cut it for a short season like this..Kipper needs to step up his game. I really like how they're playing more aggressive and creative though. They need to pepper shots on net like they did on Niemi in the first period last night.

I don't expect a playoff birth this year. Most we can do is hope for the Flames get their **** together though.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
How old is Kip? 36.
Do you have a GOOD goalie prospect? No.
Please.

Gillies?Brossoit?Ortio?Hell Irving was better in the AHL on a worse team at the same age I would not give up a 2nd for Campbell. Yea I like our chances of finding a goalie just fine with out giving up Iggy for a decent prospect.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
Gillies?Brossoit?Ortio?Hell Irving was better in the AHL on a worse team at the same age I would not give up a 2nd for Campbell. Yea I like our chances of finding a goalie just fine with out giving up Iggy for a decent prospect.

Gillies and Ortio is nowhere near of Campbell.
Brossoit is your best, underrated for sure.
Irving? Let me lol.
And I didn't say Iggy vs Campbell, but Iggy vs Campbell and a bunch of draft picks (not 4-5-6th round)

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
How old is Kip? 36.
Do you have a GOOD goalie prospect? No.
Please.

:shakehead

Please...

Brossoit and Gillies are great goalie prospects, and Irving has proven he can be an AHL starter (really good) and potentially back-up Kipper... Campbell's value has completely dropped the last few years...

run along now... back under the bridge.

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
Lots of improvements this game, looked better offensively and defensively, many of the Ducks goals were fluky. Kipper looked bad, if he was playing at his regular level we would have won easily. I'm not panicking. Some of the vets still rusty. I really like Wideman.

It was a fun game to watch at least. Onto the next one.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
Don't forget our best goalie prospect, Kari Ramo.

I've seen Ramo more than once. Seems to me to be a Price style giving more flukes.
Brossoit is your best in my opinion.
Not sold on Gillies and Irving at all.
Ortio, you're talking about a league where Mika Noronen were dominating like hell and also, Ortio's an average goalie in it considering it is a really defensive league? Nice.

I'm not saying that Campbell is better than all of them, but all I say is the Flames don't have an NHL-caliber goalie prospects (except maybe Brossoit).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->