GDT: Game 19 | Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings | 5:00 PM EST | FS-D

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
All I know is the Red Wings should give me season tix. The two times I've went this season the PP has been unstoppable

Shoot them an email, maybe they'll bring you on road games and our PP will start to not be absolutely terrible.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Shoot them an email, maybe they'll bring you on road games and our PP will start to not be absolutely terrible.

Haha seriously though this game and the Minnesota one we looked like the 2008 team on special teams. I gotta be better than having Renney on the bench

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Babcock might actually be paying attention to what's taking place on the ice, finally.

Yesterday, a guy walked right around Lahoff 10 feet from our net. It was stunning. You just don't see that, unless the guy with the puck is Datsyuk or something.

Today, he went the wrong way around the net on the third goal (same way as White) and it cost the team.

Plus -- lots of PP time and not much SH time.

More about the bolded portion, IMO.

Tons of PP = no Lashoff on the ice.

Tons of ES/PK + blowout win = lots of Lashoff on the ice.

Babcock loves the guy, so he's going to keep getting ice time. It is worth noting that he looks like he took him off the top pair, finally. So he's at least sorta paying attention.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I think a better question is, had Babcock finally stopped hating Kindl?

CloneHakanPlease*

I think a better question is, had Babcock finally stopped hating Kindl?

He should. Kindl played yet another solid game. I honestly think he's playing just as good as Smith was early.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
It was kind of obvious thing that they rested those main guys yesterday, because we had a nice early lead against Nashville.

That saved key players energy for today.
Huskins played the most
The E-Kronner pairing was DOMINANT.

Kronner was terrible at the start of the season. He's been able to turn it around which is a huge relief. For the past couple games he's been paired up with Ericsson and it's clearly working.
We've been calling for this for a long time now.
Dan Cleary now has 5 points in the last 4 games... So are you all going to hate him less now?
Maybe being on the line with Datsyuk works. I would play Tatar with Datsyuk and Cleary, not Abby.
All I know is the Red Wings should give me season tix. The two times I've went this season the PP has been unstoppable
Sure, you have my support.
Babcock might actually be paying attention to what's taking place on the ice, finally.

Yesterday, a guy walked right around Lahoff 10 feet from our net. It was stunning. You just don't see that, unless the guy with the puck is Datsyuk or something.

Today, he went the wrong way around the net on the third goal (same way as White) and it cost the team.

Plus -- lots of PP time and not much SH time.
We do not see practices, maybe Lashoff is doing great in the prectices.

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
Kindl is really growing on me. I really like how he carries the puck out of his zone. Behind Kronner and E I think hes our best Dman.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Kinda OT since he didn't play but Quincey starting playing better after Smith got hurt. Not saying Smith is the reason for Q's atrociousness the first few games but that pair didn't work and when he gets back they shouldn't be paired together again.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This game wasn't tight until the end either like Nashville-game, so they used 3rd pair guys more.

One power forward missing there to be a pretty nice TOP6.

Iginla?
Horton?
Perry?
I am not sure how we can get any of those.
I think we should go
Franzen-Z-Brunner
Cleary-D-Tatar (Abdelkader has no business there, Babcock has to give Tatar a chance)
Kinda OT since he didn't play but Quincey starting playing better after Smith got hurt. Not saying Smith is the reason for Q's atrociousness the first few games but that pair didn't work and when he gets back they shouldn't be paired together again.

I am not sure I want Smith and Quncey together. Maybe Smith and White.

kerjuxaxaxa

Nov 11, 2011
London
I am not sure how we can get any of those.
I think we should go
Franzen-Z-Brunner
Cleary-D-Tatar (Abdelkader has no business there, Babcock has to give Tatar a chance)

so does Cleary despite his 4 points in last 5 games.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
He's only playing because Q is out, once Q is back Kindl will be rotating in and out with Huskins/Lashoff.

Yeah, that's fairly close to my take. Kindl's basically Derek Meech at this point. I could see something like:

Kronwall-Ericsson
Lashoff-White
Smith-Huskins

PP
Kronwall
White
Smith

PK
Ericsson
Huskins
Lashoff

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

Don't both White and Smith play the right side as a general rule?

Smith-Quincey looked horrible at the beginning of the season so I agree that we probably shouldn't head back there.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Are the Wings' top 6 good now with Datsyuk, Z, Franzen, Brunner, Filppula ... ?

Mule-Pavs-Cleary
Fil-Z-Brunner
Bert-Andersson-Tatar
Abby-Emmerton-Tootoo

I'd be interested in seeing if Bert could add anything to that Andersson line that is tearing **** up right now. If Bert isn't likely to be back any time soon just call up Sheahan and put him on that line. Check it out, we're rolling with three scoring lines. :D

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
brunnerspotlightcopy.jpg
brunnerspotlight_FNcopy.jpg

Do you want them bigger? or is this what you were looking for? One with the fake nose and the other has his actual nose.

Perfect!

And I'm not kidding, it took me a few seconds to realize there was a difference :laugh:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
so does Cleary despite his 4 points in last 5 games.
You can't send Datsyuk alone on the ice, he has to have 2 linemates.
Don't both White and Smith play the right side as a general rule?

Smith-Quincey looked horrible at the beginning of the season so I agree that we probably shouldn't head back there.
I thought since Smith is a lefty he could easily play either side.
Mule-Pavs-Cleary
Fil-Z-Brunner
Bert-Andersson-Tatar
Abby-Emmerton-Tootoo

I'd be interested in seeing if Bert could add anything to that Andersson line that is tearing **** up right now. If Bert isn't likely to be back any time soon just call up Sheahan and put him on that line. Check it out, we're rolling with three scoring lines. :D
I really want to see Tatat on Dastsyuk's wing. I've said it now several times in several threads, but I think they could click together and if they do ...

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
I'd like to see Franzen - Datsyuk - Tatar.

Tatar is much better than Cleary at this point and unless Babcock thinks he's better served on the third line for depth purposes, I think he should be in the top six.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad